BlackBerry Curve 8900 Phone, by Mr.mobile
Hello everyone I'm new here I need a gift for my son. Does anyone have information on this device? http://astore.amazon.com/ms062-20/detail/B002AKKJWM Thanks for your help
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 2nd 09 11:14 AM
by Nicholas[_2_] Go to last post
14 927
Junk Off Topic Posts by Oliver Fleming
Hello, It seems time we had a moderator for this group. All these advertising for rubbish is a waste of time and bandwidth. I am usually not in favour of regulation, however these advertisments for junk are getting out of hand. Any takers or suggestions? Cheers
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 2nd 09 06:48 AM
by GSV Three Minds in a Can Go to last post
10 1,124
Navigating by Laptop by Marvin Hlavac
NY Times article on the topic of "Navigating by Laptop": http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/29/technology/personaltech/29askk-002.html -- Marvin Hlavac Laptop GPS World www.laptopgpsworld.com
October 29th 09 11:18 PM
by Marvin Hlavac Go to last post
4 288
Google Android phone with turn-by-turn voice routing by Wolfgang S. Rupprecht[_7_]
It looks like the next salvo in the generic computer / smartphone vs. dedicated GPS battle has been fired. Google just announced their turn-by-turn navigation system for their upcoming Android 2.0 release. The highlights that their videos mentioned a * Voice input instructions to GPS * Voice output instructions from GPS * Street View for turns and destinations (see the street...
October 28th 09 08:52 PM
by Wolfgang S. Rupprecht[_7_] Go to last post
0 311
Navigon problems by Charles
On a recent trip to Boulder, CO my Navigon really screwed up. I had programmed it for the Golden Buff Lodge Best Western (which was in its data base) and it went into an endless loop of "Make a U-turn now." It did get me to the general area from the Denver airport, but could not place me at the motel. Unfortunately, I could not see the motel. I finally gave up and stopped and asked for...
October 27th 09 12:32 AM
by Charles Go to last post
0 201
Calculating Horizontal Accuracy from NMEA strings by e_correspondence
All- Is it possible to calculate in realtime the horizontal accuracy (+/- meters) of GPS positions from the NMEA strings? If so, it there a formula or any guidance online that will help me calculate this? I'm helping to write an application that would require the horizontal accuracy from a GPS reciever to be display on a GUI. Thanks in advance.
October 26th 09 08:57 PM
by HIPAR Go to last post
1 344
Compare two Garmin handhelds? by Beartooth[_3_]
I've studied Garmin's pages for the GPSMAP 60CSx and the etrex Vista HCx, and I'm still hesitating. I want a newer one, with color display and native USB connections, for running MapSource (Chiefly TopoUS2008) in order to map my hunting grounds. At my age, I'm all too aware that, geologists to the contrary notwithstanding, these old mountains (in Western VA -- not WV, but close) get...
October 26th 09 05:19 PM
by Beartooth[_3_] Go to last post
0 255
Broadcasted (or equivalent) ephemeris data download by claudegps
Hi, I understand his may be a recurring question... :) Does anyone knows a website were it's possible to download (nearly) realt time ephemeris data for GPS constellation? I found a lot of website offering precise ephemeris data for post- processing (usually sp3 format), but that is not what I need. I'd like to use the data to provide my receiver with "fresh" data from the web, so I need...
October 26th 09 08:49 AM
by claudegps Go to last post
7 368
Galileo satellite fleet apparently reduced by [email protected]
Order for final six birds put on indefinite hold Posted in Space, 23rd October 2009 10:50 GMT at http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/10/23/galileo_reduction/ where there is more... and a few relevant comments on a linked page... Indications have emerged of possible delays or cuts to the European Galileo satellite navigation system. Orders for several satellites, expected to be placed this year,...
0 299
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2009099-100 by Sam Wormley
Ref: http://gps.afspc.af.mil/gps/Current/current.oa1 http://gps.afspc.af.mil/gps/Current/current.nnu http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/gps/geninfo/NANUabbr.htm 2009099------------------------ NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2009099 SUBJ: SVN30 (PRN30) FORECAST OUTAGE SUMMARY JDAY 297/1300 - JDAY 298/0011 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTSUMM
October 25th 09 02:27 AM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 262
Autoroute is not DEAD!!! by Milind Gandhi
The last version of AutoRoute was released in 2007, MS is now planning to release AutoRoute in November 2009. http://streetsandtrips.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!FDEF586E035CD203!958.entry
October 23rd 09 05:31 PM
by Milind Gandhi Go to last post
0 225
Microsoft AutoRoute 2010 to release soon by Marvin Hlavac
Microsoft AutoRoute will release within weeks: http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/microsoft-streets-trips/2643-microsoft-autoroute-2010-announced.html -- Marvin Hlavac Laptop GPS World www.laptopgpsworld.com
October 20th 09 11:44 PM
by Marvin Hlavac Go to last post
0 231
Better than 30m accuracy for both indoor and outdoor positioningwith cellular positioning. by Johnson[_2_]
GloPos has announced its software-only positioning technology that makes all mobile phones location-aware - outdoors, indoors and even underground. They have achieved better than 30m accuracy for both indoor and outdoor positioning with cellular positioning, and almost ready for commercial. http://www.glopos.com/ To me it just sounds too good to be true, since I think the current generation...
October 20th 09 05:22 PM
by Beartooth[_3_] Go to last post
5 306
iPhone Car Kit with GPS Reviewed - Impressive performance boost! by Keith
While the iPhone has arguably revolutionized LBS, its GPS performance (Globallocate Hammerhead II internal receiver) has always be criticized so the TomTom Car Kit with its built-in SiRFstarIII receiver was very much anticipated...with good reason it seems : http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=129583...
October 20th 09 02:45 PM
by Keith Go to last post
0 224
Inside the GPS Revolution: 10 Apps That Utilize Location by jolly
Inside the GPS Revolution: 10 Apps That Utilize Location... http://www.techespot.com/2009/10/inside-gps-revolution-10-apps-that.html
October 20th 09 09:39 AM
by jolly Go to last post
0 258
'Location-Based' Services in a mobile environment survey by S.W.Schilke[_2_]
'Location-Based' Services in a mobile environment survey You are being invited to take part in a research study. The aim of this research is to investigate the extent to which users are aware of 'location-based' recommendation services and their perception of such services. The research will ultimately proceed to propose new methods that overcome (or at least reduce) identified...
October 19th 09 12:17 PM
by S.W.Schilke[_2_] Go to last post
0 156
Wanted: Nuvi 300/350 Firmware 6.00 Update by CT
I deleted my old Nuvi350xx.exe file by mistake and now I need to revert back to the old firmware after the 6.10 which cause my Attention Tone to be silent in TTS mode. Does anyone have the 6.00 Update? Perry's site hasnt been updated since 5.4. Perhaps someone could upload it this group or rapidshare? Thanks
October 16th 09 01:57 AM
by CT Go to last post
2 308
Google's Geospatial Data Rising to the Top by Ed M.
Somewhat related -- article on a West Point cadet's computer science project -- a $300 version of a Google Street View data collection system. http://spectrum.ieee.org/geek-life/hands-on/diy-streetview-camera/ He lists the GPS receiver, which uses a SiRFStar III chipset, at $37. http://www.globalsat.com.tw/eng/product_detail_00000044.htm
October 15th 09 07:22 PM
by Derek Lyons Go to last post
1 354
US city to start giant 'mapathon' by HIPAR
Kinda neat: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8305924.stm --- CHAS
October 14th 09 05:33 PM
by HIPAR Go to last post
0 261
How to get distance, heading btwn 2 points? by WhatsUp
Please forgive me if this question is naive. Frankly, I know nothing about GPS devices. But I was talking to someone who is knowledgable, and he indicated that this is not a normal feature. For a very basic training exercise, we want to lay out a compass course. It would be great if we could go to point A, click a button to record the location with a GPS device. Then go to point B, click a...
October 12th 09 10:42 PM
by ps56k Go to last post

From The