Why E-GPS supports GSM, not cdma by Johnson[_2_]
http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/April2006/2970.htm I would like to know why E-GPS supports GSM, not cdma? What makes GSM better than cdma for this case? Will 3G like WCDMA support E-GPS better than GSM? Thank you.
November 4th 09 05:53 AM
by Terje Mathisen[_3_] Go to last post
1 425
6 dB more sensitivity than can be achieved with Enhanced GPS by Johnson[_2_]
http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/April2006/2970.htm "The benefit of fine time aiding is that the device now knows where to look for a GPS signal. This enables a more aggressive search and is equivalent to 6 dB more sensitivity than can be achieved with any amount of GPS hardware correlator in the terminal. So powerful is this assistance that it also enables software-only GPS solutions to operate...
November 4th 09 05:50 AM
by Terje Mathisen[_3_] Go to last post
3 584
Help choosing a GPS by Mr.mobile
Help choosing a GPS Hello everyone I found a GPS that I want to buy. Garmin nüvi 260W 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator Does anyone know and can recommend. http://astore.amazon.com/gpsstore0a6-20/detail/B0011ULQNI
November 3rd 09 02:21 PM
by Wayne R. Go to last post
1 348
Anyone running qgis under Fedora?? by Beartooth[_3_]
I have $ rpm -q qgis qgis-1.0.2-1.fc11.i586 $ or equivalent on all four of the Fedora 11 PCs on my desk -- and none of them can seem to launch it. Not with the GUI (by clicking the launcher, which shows a Q transfixed by an arrow pointing NE), nor yet from the CLI (by commanding "qgis &" as user or as root).
November 2nd 09 08:01 PM
by Beartooth[_3_] Go to last post
1 350
Map updates 2720 by Choco[_2_]
Hi, I have a subscription for map updates for the 2720. How can I find out if there are any updates? Thanks, Choco
November 2nd 09 04:55 PM
by Mike Lane[_2_] Go to last post
1 302
That 'wasted' GPS satellite by HIPAR
Apparently the Air Force still hasn't found a suitable work around for the GPS 2R-20 beam forming problems: http://spaceflightnow.com/news/n0911/02gps/ --- CHAS
November 2nd 09 03:27 PM
by HIPAR Go to last post
0 308
BlackBerry Curve 8900 Phone, by Mr.mobile
Hello everyone I'm new here I need a gift for my son. Does anyone have information on this device? http://astore.amazon.com/ms062-20/detail/B002AKKJWM Thanks for your help
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 2nd 09 11:14 AM
by Nicholas[_2_] Go to last post
14 1,162
Junk Off Topic Posts by Oliver Fleming
Hello, It seems time we had a moderator for this group. All these advertising for rubbish is a waste of time and bandwidth. I am usually not in favour of regulation, however these advertisments for junk are getting out of hand. Any takers or suggestions? Cheers
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 2nd 09 06:48 AM
by GSV Three Minds in a Can Go to last post
10 1,311
Navigating by Laptop by Marvin Hlavac
NY Times article on the topic of "Navigating by Laptop": http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/29/technology/personaltech/29askk-002.html -- Marvin Hlavac Laptop GPS World www.laptopgpsworld.com
October 29th 09 11:18 PM
by Marvin Hlavac Go to last post
4 374
Google Android phone with turn-by-turn voice routing by Wolfgang S. Rupprecht[_7_]
It looks like the next salvo in the generic computer / smartphone vs. dedicated GPS battle has been fired. Google just announced their turn-by-turn navigation system for their upcoming Android 2.0 release. The highlights that their videos mentioned a * Voice input instructions to GPS * Voice output instructions from GPS * Street View for turns and destinations (see the street...
October 28th 09 08:52 PM
by Wolfgang S. Rupprecht[_7_] Go to last post
0 359
Navigon problems by Charles
On a recent trip to Boulder, CO my Navigon really screwed up. I had programmed it for the Golden Buff Lodge Best Western (which was in its data base) and it went into an endless loop of "Make a U-turn now." It did get me to the general area from the Denver airport, but could not place me at the motel. Unfortunately, I could not see the motel. I finally gave up and stopped and asked for...
October 27th 09 12:32 AM
by Charles Go to last post
0 240
Calculating Horizontal Accuracy from NMEA strings by e_correspondence
All- Is it possible to calculate in realtime the horizontal accuracy (+/- meters) of GPS positions from the NMEA strings? If so, it there a formula or any guidance online that will help me calculate this? I'm helping to write an application that would require the horizontal accuracy from a GPS reciever to be display on a GUI. Thanks in advance.
October 26th 09 08:57 PM
by HIPAR Go to last post
1 391
Compare two Garmin handhelds? by Beartooth[_3_]
I've studied Garmin's pages for the GPSMAP 60CSx and the etrex Vista HCx, and I'm still hesitating. I want a newer one, with color display and native USB connections, for running MapSource (Chiefly TopoUS2008) in order to map my hunting grounds. At my age, I'm all too aware that, geologists to the contrary notwithstanding, these old mountains (in Western VA -- not WV, but close) get...
October 26th 09 05:19 PM
by Beartooth[_3_] Go to last post
0 303
Broadcasted (or equivalent) ephemeris data download by claudegps
Hi, I understand his may be a recurring question... :) Does anyone knows a website were it's possible to download (nearly) realt time ephemeris data for GPS constellation? I found a lot of website offering precise ephemeris data for post- processing (usually sp3 format), but that is not what I need. I'd like to use the data to provide my receiver with "fresh" data from the web, so I need...
October 26th 09 08:49 AM
by claudegps Go to last post
7 457
Galileo satellite fleet apparently reduced by [email protected]
Order for final six birds put on indefinite hold Posted in Space, 23rd October 2009 10:50 GMT at http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/10/23/galileo_reduction/ where there is more... and a few relevant comments on a linked page... Indications have emerged of possible delays or cuts to the European Galileo satellite navigation system. Orders for several satellites, expected to be placed this year,...
October 25th 09 07:19 AM
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2009099-100 by Sam Wormley
Ref: http://gps.afspc.af.mil/gps/Current/current.oa1 http://gps.afspc.af.mil/gps/Current/current.nnu http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/gps/geninfo/NANUabbr.htm 2009099------------------------ NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2009099 SUBJ: SVN30 (PRN30) FORECAST OUTAGE SUMMARY JDAY 297/1300 - JDAY 298/0011 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTSUMM
October 25th 09 02:27 AM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 323
Autoroute is not DEAD!!! by Milind Gandhi
The last version of AutoRoute was released in 2007, MS is now planning to release AutoRoute in November 2009. http://streetsandtrips.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!FDEF586E035CD203!958.entry
October 23rd 09 05:31 PM
by Milind Gandhi Go to last post
0 266
Microsoft AutoRoute 2010 to release soon by Marvin Hlavac
Microsoft AutoRoute will release within weeks: http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/microsoft-streets-trips/2643-microsoft-autoroute-2010-announced.html -- Marvin Hlavac Laptop GPS World www.laptopgpsworld.com
October 20th 09 11:44 PM
by Marvin Hlavac Go to last post
0 274
Better than 30m accuracy for both indoor and outdoor positioningwith cellular positioning. by Johnson[_2_]
GloPos has announced its software-only positioning technology that makes all mobile phones location-aware - outdoors, indoors and even underground. They have achieved better than 30m accuracy for both indoor and outdoor positioning with cellular positioning, and almost ready for commercial. http://www.glopos.com/ To me it just sounds too good to be true, since I think the current generation...
October 20th 09 05:22 PM
by Beartooth[_3_] Go to last post
5 383
iPhone Car Kit with GPS Reviewed - Impressive performance boost! by Keith
While the iPhone has arguably revolutionized LBS, its GPS performance (Globallocate Hammerhead II internal receiver) has always be criticized so the TomTom Car Kit with its built-in SiRFstarIII receiver was very much anticipated...with good reason it seems : http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=129583...
October 20th 09 02:45 PM
by Keith Go to last post

From The