SPOT gpx tracklog by Anon
Just a note to the group. I recently completed a multi-day backpacking trip using the SPOT device. The continuous tracking worked well, and the 'semi-emergency' button also worked well. One thing that didn't work so well is the SPOT tracklog. You can download your tracklog in what is supposed to be gpx format, but there's something screwy about it. None of the three picture geotagging...
September 18th 09 03:18 AM
by [email protected][_2_] Go to last post
3 349
Navigon iPhone GPS by jolly
Navigon adds text to speech function in the application for the iPhone http://www.techespot.com/2009/09/navigon-adds-text-to-speech-function-in.html
September 17th 09 10:03 AM
by jolly Go to last post
0 305
benefits from additional freq L5 by [email protected]
Dear all, i would like to understand a bit better the improvment of adding new freq., L5. From what i understood, L5 suppose to have stronger signal strength when it received on earth, and will allow very wide Lw (the linear combination of L1 + L5 will create bigger wave length then the linear combination of L1 + L2).
September 15th 09 09:06 PM
by HIPAR Go to last post
1 346
How often does the CS update the almanac and ephemerides? by Johnson[_2_]
Does anybody know how often the CS updates the almanac parameters for each satellite? Every day? 6 days? I can't find out the exact update rate at GPS ICD. For the ephemerides, I guess it is every 1 or 2 hours. Does anybody have more detail information? Thanks.
September 15th 09 03:33 PM
by Johnson[_2_] Go to last post
7 376
DeLorme Street Altas 2010 - Reviewed by Marvin Hlavac
I posted a few screen shots of the new DeLorme Street Atlas 2010. It is now netbook friendly, touch screen friendly, new user friendly... http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/delorme-street-atlas/2461-review-delorme-street-atlas-2010-a.html -- Marvin Hlavac Laptop GPS World www.laptopgpsworld.com
September 14th 09 03:59 PM
by Marvin Hlavac Go to last post
0 253
GPS Performance Compared : SiRAtlasIV Impresses by Keith
"When the SiRFstarIII chipset was released in early 2005, it represented a major breakthrough for GPS as a mainstream consumer product thanks to its high sensitivity engine that made GPS easier to use. Since that time, GPS performance had remained unchanged, with other chipset makers releasing their own high sensitivity chipsets, see the 2007 GPS Chipsets reviewed article, and SiRF adding some...
September 14th 09 02:23 PM
by claudegps Go to last post
1 260
International GPS by RHinNC
I will be living 6 months in the USA and 6 months in Australia. Is there a Automobile GPS that will work in both places? Thanks
September 12th 09 11:49 PM
by RHinNC Go to last post
2 302
1963 Corps of Engineers Map Datum? by Mardon
I have a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Map dated 1963, Series U502, Sheet NI43-3, Edition 2-AMS. This is the area around K2, the world's second highest mountain. The map indicates it is a Transverse Mercator Projection. It has two grids. One is identified as "the 10,000 yard India Zone 1 Grid, Everest Spheroid." The other grid is latitude and longitude values. The latitude values are...
September 11th 09 07:05 PM
by Mardon Go to last post
2 413
Men and Women Navigate Differently, even with PNDs by PeterM[_2_]
On Sep 2, 9:50*pm, Sam Wormley wrote: Men and Women Navigate Differently, even with PNDshttp://www.gpsworld.com/consumer-oem/news/men-and-women-navigate-diff... Men and women look at a lot of things differently -- navigation is one of them. Navteq has analyzed research from several proprietary studies that point to key differences between the male versus female...
September 10th 09 03:11 AM
by PeterM[_2_] Go to last post
0 237
High DOP warning by HIPAR
A Delta-V maneuver for just one satellite can cause this! http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/gps/news/degradation_091109.htm --- CHAS
September 9th 09 11:13 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
1 306
MSFT Streets and Trips 2010 by Marvin Hlavac
New version of Streets & Trips 2010 by Microsoft is being launched. Here's a brief look at new features: http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/microsoft-streets-trips/2380-review-microsoft-streets-trips-2010-a.html
September 5th 09 12:30 PM
by Marvin Hlavac Go to last post
1 394
Is there a SPG Untit Like a Garmin 76CSx with a Nuvi Sized Screen? by Chull13
I'm looking for something that is high sensitive under trees, will record data at least once a second, will record almost unlimited tracks (76CSx via the SDHC card), upload maps/tracks, download the tracks to PC AND also has a larger display about the size of the Nuvi's - 4" or so. Anybody make something like this? Thanks!
September 4th 09 03:44 PM
by Chull13 Go to last post
6 537
which Garnim GPS download tracks and has voice by mac
Replacing my Garmin Quest. I have rigged my Quest 1 on my bicycle to use power from my 12 volt light pack http://www.billcotton.com/luxeon_light_bar_and_gps_mount.htm I am able to use the backlight and voice as I ride. After 4 plus years my quest is troublesome to use: One, the antenna doesn’t make contact and I use a external antenna. Two, the power /speaker failed, I adapter a iPod powersupply...
September 2nd 09 05:41 PM
by mac Go to last post
4 387
Broadcasting GPS corrections over internet by utilsea
UtlsLight the easiest and cheapest way to broadcast corrections over internet is now available for download. Try it and enjoy. http://utilsea.free.fr BR Utilsea
August 30th 09 02:29 PM
by utilsea Go to last post
2 377
LEA-4T Raw Data Acquisition by RaulGonz
Hi, i would like to ask if anyone has a code (c/c++) to extract data from the LEA-4T receiver? I understand that by using the U-Center application, i am able to look at the UBX and NMEA messages to find the measurement data but i need a program that only extract the XYZ position and velocity. Anyone has any idea how i can go about doing it? Any reference is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
August 26th 09 08:20 AM
Microsoft Streets and Trips by Marvin Hlavac
Do you use Microsoft Streets & Trips? You are all invited to join us @ Laptop GPS World The following are last 10 active S&T related topics: * Streets & Trips 2010 When? http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/microsoft-streets-trips/1337-streets-trips-2010-when.html
August 25th 09 09:55 PM
by Marvin Hlavac Go to last post
0 373
software help by chriswatt2
Hi - I have just purchased a cheap generic gps cvgy-cs12 which will apparently run any gps software. Has anyone got one of these and if so what software runs on it? do I need any firmware or sortware patch to make this read the software? Any help or advuuice will be much appreciated.
August 25th 09 02:06 PM
by Mike Coon[_2_] Go to last post
3 428
Mappery : uncertain laptops by BeartoothGiG
Followups set, hesitantly, to alt.satellite.gps.garmin I have three Garmin GPSs (an Etrex Vista and two Rino 120s), which I want to use under Fedora 11 Linux with four PCs, and two laptops (IBM-reconditioned Thinkpads, T30 & T42). Garmin software suites (Metroguide USA and Topo US 2008) are installed on all the computers; both of them launch and run under Wine on all six. Both of them...
August 23rd 09 05:16 PM
by BeartoothGiG Go to last post
0 285
distance calculator between 2 "close" coords? by [email protected]
I'm looking for an online interactive calculator. I want to be able to enter 2 sets of coords and get the distance, in feet, between the 2 coords. These sets of coords that I enter into the calculator would not be more than 10,000 feet apart. Can someone steer me to a website?
August 21st 09 07:43 PM
by Alan Browne Go to last post
9 383
Changes to GPS Constellation by HIPAR
a) PRN25 has been removed from the almanac. b) PRN05 (unusable) has been added to the almanac --- CHAS
August 21st 09 01:33 PM
by T Driver Go to last post

From The