Navigon Updates its GPS Navigation Application for iPhone by jolly
Navigon Updates its GPS Navigation Application for iPhone http://www.techespot.com/2009/08/navigon-updates-its-gps-navigation.html
August 21st 09 09:13 AM
by jolly Go to last post
0 329
Garmin's New GPS Navigator Nuvi 1690 with online Services by jolly
Garmin's New GPS Navigator Nuvi 1690 with online Services http://www.techespot.com/2009/08/garmins-new-gps-navigator-nuvi-1690.html
August 20th 09 08:50 AM
by jolly Go to last post
0 335
decode ublox RXM-EPH and RXM-SFRB messages by [email protected]
Dear all, i am tring to decode those two messages with MATLAB (i know it is not ideal to do it with matlab, but i would like to it with MATLAB). According to ICD-GPS-200C Interface document, i would need from each sattelite the first 3 subframes in order to decode all the parameters i need for computing the satellite possition. What i dont understand at RXM-SFRB, it supply only the...
August 20th 09 06:58 AM
by samsvl Go to last post
1 358
New Jersey Could Ban Manual GPS Devices in Cars by Evelyn Leeper
Craig Wallace wrote: On 27/06/2009 15:37, Sam Wormley wrote: New Jersey Could Ban Manual GPS Devices in Cars Jun 22, 2009 GPS World http://cp.gpsworld.com/gpscp/content/printContentPopup.jsp?id=605477 A New Jersey legislator is hoping to ban in-car navigation systems that rely on manual input, reports Fox News.
August 19th 09 02:20 AM
by Evelyn Leeper Go to last post
0 224
Delta II / GPS IIR-21 launch video by HIPAR
http://ulalaunch.com/launch/GPSIIR-21/Highlights_GPSIIR21.wmv
August 17th 09 09:20 PM
by HIPAR Go to last post
0 317
GPS 2R-21 leaves on schedule by HIPAR
The Delta II with GPS 2R-21 left right on schedule. From the Spacefight Now launch coverage: http://spaceflightnow.com/delta/d343/status.html 'Delta has delivered the GPS 2R-21 spacecraft into a highly elliptical transfer orbit as planned. "Everything looks very nominal," says Dave Podlesney, a Lockheed Martin GPS executive. "Everything is working well."
August 17th 09 01:09 PM
by HIPAR Go to last post
0 236
GPS IIRM-21 Mission Booklet by HIPAR
Just posted on the United Launch Alliance web site: http://ulalaunch.com/launch/GPSIIR-21/GPS_IIR21_MOB.pdf --- CHAS
August 15th 09 09:18 PM
by Alan Browne Go to last post
2 289
Ping: Clair J by Alan Browne
Clair, Thanks for your recommendations on GPS loggers for photography (back in June). The AMOD AGL 3080 works great. I'll be modifying it to take an external power feed as well as batts. Cheers, Alan
August 15th 09 06:20 PM
by Alan Browne Go to last post
0 259
Price drop of Microsoft Streets & Trips 2009 by Marvin Hlavac
Microsoft Streets and Trips 2009 The price of the least expensive trip planning PC GPS software just got even better. http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/microsoft-streets-trips/2315-microsoft-streets-trips-2009-price-drop.html -- Marvin Hlavac Laptop GPS World
August 14th 09 04:12 PM
by Marvin Hlavac Go to last post
0 282
iRiver outs portable media player with GPS by jolly
iRiver outs portable media player with GPS http://www.techespot.com/2009/08/gps-iriver-to-stop-and-watch-movie.html
August 13th 09 10:37 AM
by jolly Go to last post
0 326
Garmin Nuvi 1300 Adopts The Widescreen Format by jolly
Garmin Nuvi 1300 Adopts The Widescreen Format http://www.techespot.com/2009/07/garmin-nuvi-1300-adopts-widescreen.html
August 10th 09 10:42 AM
by jolly Go to last post
0 360
GPS IIR-21(M) to launch 17 August by HIPAR
The final satellite of the Block IIR series is scheduled for an early morning launch on 17 August. The launch window is 6:35-6:49 a.m. EDT. http://www.insidegnss.com/node/1622 Twenty one Replenishment space vehicles were built. Unfortunately, GPS IIR-1 (SVN42) was lost on 17 January 1997 when its Delta II launcher exploded ust after liftoff .
August 6th 09 11:32 PM
by HIPAR Go to last post
0 363
WAAS question by isw
I just got a Bluetooth GPS receiver that I intend to use with a Java app on my cellphone. Reading the specs, I found that the thing is WAAS-enabled. I know that the WAAS data is transmitted (or repeatered, or transponded; whatever) by a geosynchronous satellite on the same frequency that the "normal" GPS birds use. Does the WAAS bird show up in a GPS app's "satellite view" window?
August 5th 09 06:54 PM
by isw Go to last post
3 325
Signal strength trends by Mike Jr
In reading about the GPS Anomalous Event Monitor (GAEM) project, http://www.countohio.org/currentprojects/documents/GPS/GAEM_project_summary.pdf I became curious about the question of signal degradation of the GPS constellation due to age. Solar panels and other gear take a beating in space. I wonder if anyone has been tracking signal strengths of the individual birds over time. If so, have...
August 3rd 09 02:59 PM
by Ed M. Go to last post
9 587
Astro 220: Garmin Launches GPS for Your Dog Hunter by jolly
Astro 220: Garmin Launches GPS for Your Dog Hunter http://www.techespot.com/2009/07/astro-220-garmin-launches-gps-for-your.html
August 3rd 09 10:01 AM
by jolly Go to last post
0 361
status of GPS ??? (enabling WAAS on adapt keychain pro) by Kristoff Bonne[_2_]
Hi, In followup to my earlier question on my adapt keychain pro GPS receiver/logger. I'm trying to enable egnos support on it, but I am unable to do so: the device says WAAS-support is disabled, and I get a precision which is simular to my other (non-egnos) GPS receiver.
August 1st 09 06:06 PM
by Kristoff Bonne[_2_] Go to last post
2 408
GPS SVN49 Signal Anomaly: USAF Ponders Plan B by HIPAR
This somehow solves the problem by using a Kalman filter at the GPS master control center. http://www.insidegnss.com/node/1619 Kalman filters are beyond my current intellect. I remember them as some kind of exalted filter that works with noisy data to return the current state of a system or perhaps some kind of 'mathematical Nostradamus' that's magically able to predict the future state of...
August 1st 09 01:14 PM
by Mike Jr Go to last post
1 542
Max distance to station for post-processing ? by Keith
Thinking of dusting up the ol' Delorme BlueGPS for some post-processing during my vacation, but the closest EUREF station is 178km away, is it worth bothering or is that too much of a distance to obain meaningful results ?
July 31st 09 11:14 PM
by David L. Wilson Go to last post
1 412
SVN49 Tip of the Iceberg? by Tim Springer[_2_]
After looking into the details of the SVN49 anomaly we have now discovered that more GPS Block IIR and IIR-M satellites may be suffering from the same root cause. Have a look at the latest information on my blog or on InsideGNSS My blog: http://gnss.servolux.nl/gnss_blog.html InsideGNSS: http://www.insidegnss.com/node/1599
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 28th 09 09:35 PM
by Mike Jr Go to last post
16 917
"adapt Keychain Pro" GPS logger and linux or Mac by Kristoff Bonne[_2_]
Hi, I have a "adapt keychain pro", which is a nice and small GPS bluetooth-device and logger. For the "bluetooth" aspect, the device works fine, but the problem is that the software for the logger (which extracts logfiles from the device and converts them into a standard file-format) is only available
July 28th 09 07:02 PM
by Kristoff Bonne[_2_] Go to last post

From The