U-blox LEA-4T and AEK-4T by RaulGonz
Hi, I want to test the capability of my LEA-4T gps card with the U-Center application that comes with the AEK-4T evaluation board. However, i can't identify the Time to First Fix (TTFF) from the application software at all. Even when there is a 3D fix mode with 8 SVs engaged, the TTFF box is always empty. May i know if i need to set or trigger some option/ function in order to capture the TTFF?...
July 23rd 09 04:18 PM
by Christian Koch Go to last post
1 454
New Jersey Could Ban Manual GPS Devices in Cars by pinco pallo
On 29 Giu, 06:19, Sam Wormley wrote: * *Next they will ban radio and music players... Smoking is allowed in US? In italy you cannot phone, but you can smoke!
July 21st 09 04:41 AM
by Gene E. Bloch[_2_] Go to last post
5 430
Microsoft Streets and Trips related links by Marvin Hlavac
* Streets & Trips forum http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/microsoft-streets-trips/ * Streets & Trips 2009 review http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/microsoft-streets-trips/854-review-microsoft-streets-trips-2009-a.html * Tips & Trips for Streets & Trips http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/microsoft-streets-trips/749-tips-tricks-microsoft-streets-trips.html
July 20th 09 05:51 PM
by Marvin Hlavac Go to last post
0 270
New Jersey Could Ban Manual GPS Devices in Cars by claudegps
On 30 Giu, 23:36, Doug Jewell wrote: claudegps wrote: On 29 Giu, 00:09, Doug Jewell wrote: I still have a couple of issues with this - they would have to allow a "margin of error", because even when stationary, GPS's will often think you are moving as the fix stabilises. I wouldn't want to have to pull over...
July 20th 09 11:38 AM
by claudegps Go to last post
0 251
Cause Identified for Pseudorange Error from New GPS SatelliteSVN49 by Mike Jr
On Jul 15, 9:33*pm, "Marty Ryba" wrote: "Sam Wormley" wrote in message news:[email protected]_s22... Cause Identified for Pseudorange Error from New GPS Satellite SVN49 *http://sidt.gpsworld.com/gpssidt/content/printContentPopup.jsp?id=610789 Jul 13, 2009 By: Richard B. Langley
July 18th 09 10:42 AM
by Mike Jr Go to last post
0 281
GPS cable doesn't connect by Norma
Hello everyone, I just bought a garmin nuvi 755T and I'm trying to connect the FM traffic receiver/power cable to my car power outlet but it wont fit. I drive a KIA sportage (08) and the gps cable is bigger than the car outlet. Am I doing something wrong or is there another cable I can buy?
July 18th 09 06:11 AM
by Norma Go to last post
0 227
Smart Phones with GPS vs Dedicated GPS Receivers by PeterM[_2_]
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/08/technology/08gps.html?em Will the smart phones win out over the dedicated GPS? Right now I like my Garmin.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 16th 09 02:11 AM
Free references from u-blox by Ed M.
u-blox posts some fairly detailed reference materials on their web site. http://www.u-blox.com/en/tutorials-links-gps.html A total system description in this 6.1 MB file: http://www.u-blox.com/images/stories/Resources/gps_compendiumgps-x-02007.pdf Appendix A gives links to this user group and to
July 14th 09 05:27 PM
by Ed M. Go to last post
0 289
re-using an old SKY box by branotn
Hey there, I would like to find out if there is any way of using an old SKY digi box. I used to be a custommer but moved abroad. Now I would like to view some or all the channels but without the subscription. Can you help me?
July 13th 09 11:17 PM
by Alan White Go to last post
1 327
Rinex from garmin Options by tpcolson
Has anyone gotten serial data logging from a 76 CSX working with ASYNC? Notwithstanding the problem of converting USB to RS232.... http://artico.lma.fi.upm.es/numerico/miembros/antonio/async/
July 13th 09 02:12 AM
by tpcolson Go to last post
0 351
Looking for a few second I/Q data set for IF samples by Johnson[_2_]
Hi there, I am looking for a data set that contains the IF I/Q samples after ADC, to test a software GNSS receiver. I already have a data set provided by "A Software-Defined GPS and Galileo Receiver", which the sampling frequency of which is 38.192 MHz, while the "Nominal" IF frequency is 9.548 MHz. The ADC has 4 bits. However, I need a different data set collected at a different location.
July 10th 09 06:21 PM
by Johnson[_2_] Go to last post
0 285
NEWS from the Radio Technical Commission for Maritime Services (RTCM) by Tim Springer[_2_]
"Sam Wormley" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:[email protected]_s21... Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote: Sam Wormley writes: Ntrip is meant to be an open non-proprietary protocol. I look forward to them posting the URL for this open protocol to the net. From the announcement and the fact that they want you to go...
July 9th 09 09:26 PM
by Wolfgang S. Rupprecht[_5_] Go to last post
1 292
Magnavox RINEX Converter + Trimble 4000 data by [email protected]
Searching for a RINEX Converter that will accept the Magnavox Proprietary output data. Have old MX 4200, MX 9212, and MX 4818 that I have been reviving. Also trying to determine if possible to use Trimble 4000SST or 4000RS Raw Data from the Cycle Printout output with the Trimble Convert to Rinex program. Have logged data (ASCII and Binary) with HyperTerminal but so far the converter doesn't...
July 9th 09 01:22 PM
nokia n82 altitude error by pinco pallo
I am using Nokia N82 with embedded GPS. The displayed altitude is not that on the level of the sea (geoid) but that on the ellipsoid. The required correction is different from point to point and needs to be found. Is possible to get the correct value automatically? Many gps does it. It is a matter of firmware. Seem me impossible that the gps of the Nokia could not do it.
July 8th 09 07:00 PM
by Wolfgang S. Rupprecht[_5_] Go to last post
1 347
GPS accuracy deliberately degraded? by Bob Ball
A friend north of Grand Rapids MI told me he was using a GPS navigator recently to drive some blind people to a camp in the Battle Creek area, and when the camp wasn't where the GPS said it should be, he asked directions. It was a mile away. He was told by someone he tended to believe that the error was the result of a deliberate degradation of GPS accuracy because it was near a military...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 7th 09 07:04 PM
by KeesC[_2_] Go to last post
10 551
Fedora / Garmin by BeartoothGiG
My rinos and my old etrex vista now exchange data with MapSource and TOPOUS2008 under Fedora 11. Open Packagekit (aka Add/Remove Software); install Wine; search garmin and install all; search gps and install all; install the Garmin software. Use as you would under W98 or XP. This is currently working on four PCs. It did also work on a thinkpad T42 -- the waypoints are still there -- but...
July 5th 09 05:58 PM
by BeartoothGiG Go to last post
0 321
Navman S30 - Preventing the black screen when powered from car by Mark Hobley
I have a Navman S30 satellite navigation system. When I connect the power lead to the cigarette lighter socket, the screen turns black with a picture of a computer on it, and the navigation system stops functioning until I remove the power from the cigarette lighter. Is there a way to bypass the black screen, enabling the system to operate normally whilst connected to the car cigarette lighter...
July 4th 09 12:08 AM
by Mark Hobley Go to last post
0 430
what kind of GPS device would i need? by seannorse
hi guys, what kind of gps receiver or equipment would i need if i wanted to map roads in a small country?
July 2nd 09 11:40 PM
by Craig Wallace Go to last post
1 327
SPS with SBAS data by [email protected]
Hi, I would like to add sbas data to my stand alone solution, using ublox lea-4t receiver. the raw data i know how to get from the gps receiver, but i was unable to find how to ask for the sbas ephemeris. dose someone knows at which massage are they? assuming it is possible having the sbas ephemeris, does some one knows
July 2nd 09 10:04 PM
by Tomoji Takasu Go to last post
2 406
Air Force Polls Receiver Makers for Solutions to SatelliteProblems by claudegps
On 1 Lug, 04:08, Sam Wormley wrote: Air Force Polls Receiver Makers for Solutions to Satellite Problems * *http://sidt.gpsworld.com/gpssidt/content/printContentPopup.jsp?id=607645 Jun 30, 2009 GPS World The U.S. Air Force GPS Wing seeks comments from receiver manufacturers regarding the SVN-49 signal anomaly and the Air Force’s proposed solution. The Air...
July 2nd 09 10:55 AM
by claudegps Go to last post

From The