Backing up settings on Magellan Roadmate 500/700 by Lawrence Glickman
If you want to backup your address books and other NVRAM contents, the procedure is to first pull you CF card ( M500 ). While the unit is off, attach USB cable. Power up RoadMate. You will see all the files in NVRAM. Copy these to your HDD. The files contain your audio ( speech ) files, and your address books, along with the rest of your firmware. You should have about 20.3 MB of files to...
May 26th 04 02:13 PM
by Lawrence Glickman Go to last post
0 116
Ubinstall City Navigator v4.01 After Installing v5? by Tommy M
Can I uninstall v4.01 of CN after installing v5 to free up disk space or does it have to stay? Thank you.
May 26th 04 01:28 PM
by Luca Pinotti Go to last post
1 127
SP III V.2.70 by Mark
Has anyone updated to V2.70? Any problems? I am still using 2.50. Thnaks, Mark
May 26th 04 11:50 AM
by Don B Go to last post
2 110
Garmin proximity waypoints by Steinar F. van der Meer
I don't get it. Why is there only 10 proximity waypoints on the Garmin 76 series? I want MORE!!! -- .... - . .. -. .- .-. Steinar F. van der Meer N5917.38' E01029.07'
May 26th 04 09:44 AM
by Burnie M Go to last post
1 137
Station GORE, run by the University of Souther Maine is back by Sam Wormley
May 20, 2004 STATION GORE IS BACK Station GORE, run by the University of Souther Maine and located in Gorham, Maine has re-united with the Cooperative CORS. Please point your browser to http://bstation.gis.usm.maine.edu/ to access data.
May 26th 04 04:52 AM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 115
Palm USB Serial Adapter for OziExplorer? by Jim Thompson
We have a new laptop without a serial port. I have a Palm USB/Serial adapter from the old days. Can it be made to work with OziExplorer? When I plugged it in Windows XP recognized it. Then when I turned on the GPS (Apelco 7000)) that used to work fine with Ozi on the old laptop, nothing happened. No error messages, just no NMEA signal. Not with either driver. So maybe I have to purchase a...
May 26th 04 12:24 AM
by Jim Thompson Go to last post
3 108
Another clarification on City Navigator Aust 5? by Shaw Goh \(At Home\)
If I had CN Aust 4 from long time ago, had it unlocked (on 1 unit) a long time ago, what is my options for updating to CN5? If I were to unlock my second unlock now (on a new GPS), would it qualify for a free update to CN5 (I doubt it, but hey!)?
May 25th 04 11:46 PM
by Burnie M Go to last post
2 143
Maspsource 6.1 software back up on garmin site by Moorheadbigj
I noticed that the new update is up again on garmins website. I have windows xp and found that using internet explorer to download update worked flawlessly for me. I originally used AOL'S browser and when i had 59% completed showing it zoomed to the end saying update was complete when only 5.9 mb was downloaded out of 10.2mb. Like i said i switched to internet explorer v6 and download...
May 25th 04 10:56 PM
by Scott Byrd Go to last post
1 102
MS S & T 2004 by SBH
Anyone know if there are significant differences between Streets & Trips 2003 and 2004? I am trying to determine if it's worthwhile to upgrade to 2004. Thank you
May 25th 04 09:18 PM
by MR Go to last post
2 156
Garmin RGB values by Ron
What are these based on? The values coming in screen dumps don't seem very close to correct colors on the 60C/Cs at least.
May 25th 04 08:32 PM
by Ron Go to last post
0 139
Basemap differences between 60CS and 76CS? by Pigeon Hohl
Is there any merit to the rumor that the 76CS has a "better" basemap than the 60CS -- as has been reported here? What does "better" mean? Has this actually been substantiated or disproved? Pigeon
May 25th 04 07:00 PM
by Pigeon Hohl Go to last post
5 228
Key for Win 3.1 GPS Utility ver.1.41 Wanted by Scott Steven Riley
Key for Win 3.1 GPS Utility ver.1.41 Wanted.
May 25th 04 05:52 PM
by Scott Steven Riley Go to last post
0 136
REQ: Mapsource City Select for North America by
Can anyone upload this software please. I am out of town and forgot to bring the CDs with me and I want to add more maps. Thanks in advance!
May 25th 04 05:22 PM
by Double_J Go to last post
5 232
Mapping Software and Hardware by Darryl Davie
HI! I own a hobby farm (180 acres) in Australia and am looking for some way of using GPS to map the property and it's features (dams/fences/paddocks etc.). Can anyone point me in the right direction to find the necessary products and prices? Much appreciated!
May 25th 04 05:12 PM
by Dave Patton Go to last post
3 194
Transfer Waypoints Software for Garmin iQue 3600 by Fat Dog
Correct Link for this software is http://www.garmin.com/software/iQue3600TransferWaypoints_22.exe
May 25th 04 04:46 PM
by Fat Dog Go to last post
0 129
REQ: Transfer Waypoints Software for Garmin iQue 3600 by Fat Dog
Does anyone have the following update for the Garmin iQue 3600: Transfer Waypoints Ver. 2.2? The link for it on the Garmin software updates webpage for the iQue doesn't work. I'm going to try to contact Garmin tomorrow, and if I can find the download somewhere, I'll post it to one of the warez binaries groups, with an announcement here of couse. Thanks in advance Phat Dogg
May 25th 04 04:46 PM
by Fat Dog Go to last post
0 115
calculate Coordinate for bmp in conical orthomorphic projection maps... by Nicolas Nickisch
Hi NG, sorry for my bad english. I have a scanned ICAO-Map, which is drawn in conical orthogonic projection (Lambert ?) with standard parallels at 50N and 54 N. Does somebody know a formula how to translate WGS84 coordinates into bmp-coordinates to fit into the Map projection ? Nicolas Nickisch
May 25th 04 04:35 PM
by Nicolas Nickisch Go to last post
2 172
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2004069 by Sam Wormley
Ref: http://WWW.SCHRIEVER.AF.MIL/GPS/Current/current.nnu? http://WWW.SCHRIEVER.AF.MIL/GPS/Current/current.oa1? http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/gps/geninfo/NANUabbr.htm NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2004069 SUBJ: SVN36 (PRN06) FORECAST OUTAGE SUMMARY JDAY 146/1149 - JDAY 146/1413 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTSUMM NANU NUMBER: 2004069 NANU DTG: 251415Z MAY 2004 ...
May 25th 04 03:49 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 114
May 25th 04 02:06 PM
by John F Go to last post
1 167
iQue 3600 Detailed Map of Spain and Portugal by Bob Rosenstein
Garmin apparently does not have detailed street level map data for Spain and Portugal. Does anyone know of a datasource for detailed street level data for Spain/Portugal that can be used with my iQue 3600?
May 25th 04 12:12 PM
by Jonas Lonnroth Go to last post

From The