what kind of GPS device would i need? by seannorse
hi guys, what kind of gps receiver or equipment would i need if i wanted to map roads in a small country?
July 2nd 09 10:40 PM
by Craig Wallace Go to last post
1 345
SPS with SBAS data by [email protected]
Hi, I would like to add sbas data to my stand alone solution, using ublox lea-4t receiver. the raw data i know how to get from the gps receiver, but i was unable to find how to ask for the sbas ephemeris. dose someone knows at which massage are they? assuming it is possible having the sbas ephemeris, does some one knows
July 2nd 09 09:04 PM
by Tomoji Takasu Go to last post
2 421
Air Force Polls Receiver Makers for Solutions to SatelliteProblems by claudegps
On 1 Lug, 04:08, Sam Wormley wrote: Air Force Polls Receiver Makers for Solutions to Satellite Problems * *http://sidt.gpsworld.com/gpssidt/content/printContentPopup.jsp?id=607645 Jun 30, 2009 GPS World The U.S. Air Force GPS Wing seeks comments from receiver manufacturers regarding the SVN-49 signal anomaly and the Air Force’s proposed solution. The Air...
July 2nd 09 09:55 AM
by claudegps Go to last post
0 296
Finally, the GPS manufacturers realize a common power supply is the right approach by sarah bennett
As a followup to the two-year old article A portable GPS should use standard mini-USB power (but which ones do)? http://groups.google.com/group/sci.geo.satellite-nav/browse_thread/thread/85b2553d5c67a368/fdc54a0185621cc9#fdc54a0185621cc9 Note the Europeans finally, two years later, have made the small USB connector the standard for power supplies starting next year! Micro-USB to be universal...
June 30th 09 10:22 PM
by danielchtong Go to last post
3 377
More about PRN01 by HIPAR
Here's the latest explanation for the PRN01 elevation anomaly: http://www.insidegnss.com/node/1577 --- CHAS
June 30th 09 08:18 AM
by claudegps Go to last post
1 264
eLORAN as GPS backup by HIPAR
President Obama has recently targeted LORAN for shutdown as an outdated radionavigation system that nobody uses anymore but legislation is being introduced to complete the enhancement of LORAN. 'The legislation implicitly confirms the findings of an Independent Assessment Team (IAT) on eLoran, funded by the office of the under secretary of transportation policy and chaired by Brad Parkinson,...
June 28th 09 10:18 PM
by utilsea Go to last post
1 389
SVN49 Issue by Tim Springer[_2_]
Read the article I wrote on the SVN 49 issue. It is out on the Inside GNSS "frontpage" (http://insidegnss.com) now and will be included in the July/August printed version The article nicely shows and explains what is being done and why that works (for "ordinary" users). For the direct link to the article visit my blog at: http://gnss.servolux.nl/gnss_blog.html
June 27th 09 12:14 PM
by Kevin Horton[_2_] Go to last post
7 456
NASA/NOAA GOES-O: Days Before Launch by [email protected]
http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/podcasting/GOES_ODaysBeforeLaunch.html This is the text of a Podcast which is also linked at the page for you to download and listen to.
June 26th 09 06:59 AM
The NOG - AFSPC Media Telecon for IIR-20M (svn 49, prn 01) problem by Mike Jr
Here is another take on Friday's meeting. http://blogs.agi.com/navigationAccuracy/ "Question: How is the fix for this problem modeled? Is it a constant bias or something else? Answer: (Madden) The fix effectively moved the antenna phase center for the satellite to 150 meters behind the satellite.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 26th 09 02:03 AM
by Marty Ryba Go to last post
12 567
Install Mapsource on new computer by Choco[_2_]
I have a new computer and want to install Mapsource. The only files I have in my archive are updates. Where can I find the original install? thanks, choco
June 25th 09 10:45 AM
Definition of "Observed minus Computed" by Johnson[_2_]
Could anyone please let me know the definition of "Observed minus Computed" DD PSR and "Observed minus Computed" DD Carrier Phase? Is there any difference between the term "Observed minus Computed" and "Observed minus Expected"? Thank you.
June 24th 09 09:27 PM
by Johnson[_2_] Go to last post
1 283
Rocanda Grid Map by Julian
Does anyone have a copy of the Rocanda Grid Map they'd like to share? I would order it myself, but I don't have a credit card, and there is no nearby retail outlet where I can purchase it in person. Your post of the map would be most appreciated. Thanks
June 22nd 09 10:53 PM
by Julian Go to last post
0 281
Trouble aboard latest Global Positioning System satellite by kr5j
The U.S. military's newest Global Positioning System navigation satellite is suffering from unusual signal distortions that will keep it out of service for at least six months, the Air Force announced Tuesday. "The signal distortion was initially observed as an elevation- dependent bias in ranging measurements from GPS monitor stations," the Air Force said in a written statement from the Space...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 21st 09 09:44 AM
by claudegps Go to last post
15 810
Does navigation software have a future at Microsoft? by Marvin Hlavac
"We've seen it in AutoRoute, we've seen it in Encarta, and now we can see it in Microsoft Money. Our friends at Microsoft are pruning out consumer-oriented software applications that are not meeting corporate objectives. Is Streets and Trips the next dog to be shot? Read more at: http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/microsoft-streets-trips/2077-navigation-software-have-future-microsoft.html
June 20th 09 06:54 PM
by Alan Browne Go to last post
1 353
Mexico map coverage in Microsoft Streets and Trips 2008 vs. 2009 by Marvin Hlavac
"I have used Streets & Trips 2009 in Mexico a lot. I've used it in the following states: Tamaulipas, Veracruz, Coahuila, Chihuahua, Sonora, Sinaloa, and Durango. Generally I'd say it has very good coverage from major roads down to small pueblos. Perhaps the biggest limitation is when you try to map along the autopistas, especially the newer ones. For instance, you can't map a trip from...
June 20th 09 06:25 PM
by Marvin Hlavac Go to last post
0 278
You will pry my cold dead fingers from Streets and Trips by Marvin Hlavac
One piece of consumer software that has survived, so far, is Microsoft's Streets & Trips mapping and navigation program. But like some of the Microsoft products already eliminated, Streets & Trips faces increasing competition from online alternatives and offerings from specialized technology companies. Streets & Trips "would be a candidate (for cutting) at some point, as well, given all the...
June 20th 09 06:25 PM
by Marvin Hlavac Go to last post
0 281
Latest on fixing PRN01 (SVN49) by HIPAR
A report from the front lines: http://sidt.gpsworld.com/gpssidt/Latest+News/The-SVN-49-Story-What-Went-Wrong-How-It-Got-Found-/ArticleStandard/Article/detail/605179?contextCategoryId=1385
June 20th 09 01:49 PM
by HIPAR Go to last post
2 344
GPS position and time loggers / photography by Alan Browne
I'd like suggestions from experienced users on GPS data loggers for photography. Oddly my Sony a900 does not come with a GPS data input to tag images with position and time. I would have though Sony would have added this as a natural with their own GPS logger. (Sort of proves the ex-Minolta guys are keeping their distance from the gadget boys at Sony). IAC, I would like a logger that:
June 18th 09 09:24 PM
by Alan Browne Go to last post
4 484
Early Orbit Checkout Extended for IIR-20(M) by Mike Jr
The following is a press release from Los Angeles Air Force Base. Release Number: 020609 6/16/2009 - LOS ANGELES AIR FORCE BASE, Calif. -- The U.S. Air Force is investigating the cause and effects of signal distortions observed from the GPS IIR-20(M) spacecraft launched on March 24, 2009. Routine early orbit checkout procedures determined that GPS IIR-20(M) signals were inconsistent with the...
June 17th 09 11:35 PM
by Mike Jr Go to last post
0 283
Nokia N95 8GB link up to Microsoft MapPoint 2009 by Lu
Hello there, Is this possible (as the title says) as a GPS receiver? I don't know much about GPS' NMEA but apparently on the setup page in MapPoint requires a 2.0 of NMEA. How do I check if this is possible? Thanks in advance, Lu Zheng
June 17th 09 10:13 AM
by cs Go to last post

From The