Scratch-Plot by KBH
Scratch-Plot by KBH is a fast-reach, ease-of-use plotting program with a simple file structure. And so Scratch-Plot is suitable for minor design projects...on the fly, off the cuff or on site. Of course use of Scratch-Plot is like making an electronic design-on-a-napkin... The program plots by North and East coordinates but can also plot by azimuth and distance. The azimuth and distance plot...
June 17th 09 08:36 AM
by KBH Go to last post
0 267
Fixing PRN01 by HIPAR
The Air Force has identified the cause of signal anomalies for PRN01 and will attempt to work around the problem. If they can do that PRN01 might be set usable this fall. http://www.insidegnss.com/node/1573 --- CHAS
June 16th 09 09:51 PM
by HIPAR Go to last post
0 253
New Lowrance Endura Handhelds - Previewed on GpsPasSion by Keith
"I was invited to take part in the European press launch of the new Lowrance Endura handhelds on June 4th in Windermere, UK, in the Lake District. While there is still some work being done on the devices, both hardware and software (like having "Track Up" for Raster Maps), they were already quite functional, so much so that we used them on the sporting/geocaching event that had been organized for...
June 16th 09 12:01 AM
by Keith Go to last post
0 319
BBC - Contracts give impetus to Galileo by [email protected]
Europe's satellite-navigation system has taken a big step forward with the signing of new industrial contracts. Satellite firms EADS Astrium and OHB have been asked to provide spacecraft components that will be needed for the forthcoming constellation. More at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8102047.stm
June 15th 09 09:47 PM
Air Force Space Command Committed to GPS Health by Sam Wormley
Air Force Space Command Committed to GPS Health http://sidt.gpsworld.com/gpssidt/content/printContentPopup.jsp?id=599356 May 21, 2009 GPS World The U.S Air Force and Air Force Space Command (AFSPC) have been the diligent stewards of GPS since its conception in the 1970s and continue its commitment to this critical component of our National Infrastructure, stated the agencies today in a...
June 11th 09 12:38 AM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 283
Is it a GPS? Infodia Mobile Data Terminal by [email protected][_2_]
http://www.lazygranch.com/temp/infodia1.jpg http://www.lazygranch.com/temp/infodia2.jpg I got this at a flea market. The company appears to be defunct. It may be a GPS with some other functions since it has a SMA on the back, presumably for the external antenna. Any information on the device would be appreciated.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 10th 09 02:24 PM
by The Other Guy Go to last post
14 655
iPhone goes TomTom by Kees
See it yourself... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wfe-57Enuw
June 8th 09 09:21 PM
by Kees Go to last post
0 278
Garmin City Navigator North America NT 2010 review by [email protected]
So far it seems to be an improvement. It was easy to install too, unlike my past adventures with Garmin's unlock codes. The NT seems to take up a lot less space on the memory than did my old non-nt 2007 City Select map. Garmin is being very coy with the update year on the package. No place does it say 2010, so people won't know if they are buying a 2009 or 2010, and so I guess so they can...
June 6th 09 05:32 PM
GAO Report: The Long Form; my thoughts by Mike Jr
GS world reports that The 61-page long version of the GAO report is available. The PDF can be found here. http://gao.gov/products/GAO-09-325 I read this report and decided to do my own analysis. The active GPS constellation (see for example ftp://tycho.usno.navy.mil/pub/gps/gpsb2.txt ) consists of: IIA 12 IIR 12
June 5th 09 10:38 PM
by HIPAR Go to last post
2 366
External antenna voltage drop idea by [email protected][_2_]
I've had a trimble 16248-50 sitting on the shelf for a while. Voltage specs are in this document: http://www.rdrelectronics.com/skip/feb/tans.pdf Basically 3.5V to 4.5V. I acquired a Trimble Thunderbolt 10MHz reference box which provides 5V for the external antenna. It seems to me I could just insert a diode in the path and get the voltage to be compatible. Any idea if this would work and what...
June 5th 09 02:43 AM
by Roy Lewallen Go to last post
9 482
Clarification of Parkinson Remarks on Block IIF by Mike Jr
Parkinson states that GPS World misunderstood his remarks. http://sidt.gpsworld.com/gpssidt/Latest+News/Clarification-of-Parkinson-Remarks-on-Block-IIF/ArticleStandard/Article/detail/601500?contextCategoryId=1385 Brad Parkinson, speaking from the Joint Navigation Conference, emphasized that he is “a strong supporter of GPS IIF continuing for the first 12 vehicles.” “The GPS World...
June 5th 09 01:18 AM
by Mike Jr Go to last post
0 320
Navteq tells people where speed & red-light cameras are. Good idea? Bad idea? by Marvin Hlavac
Navteq tells people where speed & red-light cameras are. Good idea? Bad idea? http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/laptop-gps-software/2010-speed-red-light-camera-locations-now-available-navteq.html -- Marvin Hlavac Laptop GPS World www.laptopgpsworld.com
June 3rd 09 04:52 PM
by KeesC[_2_] Go to last post
2 300
GPS returning wrong data? by Kak
I'm receiving the following data from a tyco GPS device: (added spaces to improve readability) $GPGSA,A,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,99.0,99.0,99.0*00 $GPGSV,3,1,10, 02,39,235,00 ,04,21,195,00 ,07,57,056,34 , 08,73,175,33 *72 $GPGSV,3,2,10, 10,46,311,00 ,13,27,068,34 ,24,13,320,34 , 25,36,048,00 *7B $GPGSV,3,3,10, 27,06,220,00, 28,12,153,00,,,,,,,,*75
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 3rd 09 01:27 AM
LEA-4T raw data extrapolation by [email protected]
Hi all, i read few massages in sci.geo.satellite-nav about this problem, that data from low-cost receiver need to be extrapolated before doing SD or DD. i also find few ways of doing it, by SamSvl and John John: EpochTime = NearestHz(ReceiverTime, 10);
June 2nd 09 08:49 AM
by samsvl Go to last post
3 1,724
L1-L2 RTK and or Omnistar solutions. by [email protected]
The Rules for the xprize cup competition have changed and now stress landing accuracy. I'm looking for a solution that will give me 10cm accuracy at about 10Hz. I have an unobstructed view of the sky. I was thinking about trying something like Omnistar HP. Anyone with expereince with this product?
June 1st 09 04:40 PM
2610 - Waypoint by Steve[_6_]
Using Find Address, I'd like to convert the result into a waypoint. Not sure how to do this - ? Thanks! -- For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three. ....Alice Kahn
May 30th 09 10:09 PM
by Who Me? Go to last post
3 357
COM port issue with TOPO! by [email protected]
I bought a GlobalSat BU-353 Water-Proof USB Mouse GPS Receiver and plugged it into my Windows XP Pro desktop. I started the TOPO software and everything works. I can show current position and track. I am happy with the receiver as it connects very quickly and easily picks up the weak signals from inside my office. Since the desktop isn't going anywhere, I then connected it to my Windows XP Pro...
May 30th 09 07:37 PM
RePost: GPS at Risk: Doomsday 2010 by Wayne R.
On Wed, 27 May 2009 00:04:18 -0700, DevilsPGD wrote (with clarity & insight): NTP has nothing to do with digital transport. No, it does not -- But it provides the time synchronization required for some digital transport methods. Please elaborate a bit...
May 30th 09 02:10 AM
by Wayne R. Go to last post
0 242
Synthetic Aperture GPS Signal Processing by Mike Jr
http://www.insidegnss.com/auto/mayjune09-soloviev.pdf I found this article fascinating. Synthetic aperture techniques have been applied to imaging radars since at least the 1980's when NASA flew one on the space shuttle. The concept is simple. Effectively, a series of observations are combined just as if they had all been made simultaneously from a very large antenna; this process creates a...
May 30th 09 02:04 AM
by Mike Jr Go to last post
0 288
Parkinson Prescribes Remedy for GAO Report Alarm by Marty Ryba
"Sam Wormley" wrote in message news:[email protected]_s21... On May 27, 11:30 pm, HIPAR wrote: I'm sure I would be humbled in Mr Parkinson's presence. His intellect is obviously beyond reproach. We all are grateful to him as a pioneer who made our GPS possible. Yes, in some ways he still thinks of it as "his" GPS, and he...
May 29th 09 03:12 PM
by HIPAR Go to last post

From The