BBC - Contracts give impetus to Galileo by [email protected]
Europe's satellite-navigation system has taken a big step forward with the signing of new industrial contracts. Satellite firms EADS Astrium and OHB have been asked to provide spacecraft components that will be needed for the forthcoming constellation. More at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8102047.stm
June 15th 09 10:47 PM
Air Force Space Command Committed to GPS Health by Sam Wormley
Air Force Space Command Committed to GPS Health http://sidt.gpsworld.com/gpssidt/content/printContentPopup.jsp?id=599356 May 21, 2009 GPS World The U.S Air Force and Air Force Space Command (AFSPC) have been the diligent stewards of GPS since its conception in the 1970s and continue its commitment to this critical component of our National Infrastructure, stated the agencies today in a...
June 11th 09 01:38 AM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 268
Is it a GPS? Infodia Mobile Data Terminal by [email protected][_2_]
http://www.lazygranch.com/temp/infodia1.jpg http://www.lazygranch.com/temp/infodia2.jpg I got this at a flea market. The company appears to be defunct. It may be a GPS with some other functions since it has a SMA on the back, presumably for the external antenna. Any information on the device would be appreciated.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 10th 09 03:24 PM
by The Other Guy Go to last post
14 594
iPhone goes TomTom by Kees
See it yourself... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wfe-57Enuw
June 8th 09 10:21 PM
by Kees Go to last post
0 259
Garmin City Navigator North America NT 2010 review by [email protected]
So far it seems to be an improvement. It was easy to install too, unlike my past adventures with Garmin's unlock codes. The NT seems to take up a lot less space on the memory than did my old non-nt 2007 City Select map. Garmin is being very coy with the update year on the package. No place does it say 2010, so people won't know if they are buying a 2009 or 2010, and so I guess so they can...
June 6th 09 06:32 PM
GAO Report: The Long Form; my thoughts by Mike Jr
GS world reports that The 61-page long version of the GAO report is available. The PDF can be found here. http://gao.gov/products/GAO-09-325 I read this report and decided to do my own analysis. The active GPS constellation (see for example ftp://tycho.usno.navy.mil/pub/gps/gpsb2.txt ) consists of: IIA 12 IIR 12
June 5th 09 11:38 PM
by HIPAR Go to last post
2 339
External antenna voltage drop idea by [email protected][_2_]
I've had a trimble 16248-50 sitting on the shelf for a while. Voltage specs are in this document: http://www.rdrelectronics.com/skip/feb/tans.pdf Basically 3.5V to 4.5V. I acquired a Trimble Thunderbolt 10MHz reference box which provides 5V for the external antenna. It seems to me I could just insert a diode in the path and get the voltage to be compatible. Any idea if this would work and what...
June 5th 09 03:43 AM
by Roy Lewallen Go to last post
9 454
Clarification of Parkinson Remarks on Block IIF by Mike Jr
Parkinson states that GPS World misunderstood his remarks. http://sidt.gpsworld.com/gpssidt/Latest+News/Clarification-of-Parkinson-Remarks-on-Block-IIF/ArticleStandard/Article/detail/601500?contextCategoryId=1385 Brad Parkinson, speaking from the Joint Navigation Conference, emphasized that he is “a strong supporter of GPS IIF continuing for the first 12 vehicles.” “The GPS World...
June 5th 09 02:18 AM
by Mike Jr Go to last post
0 289
Navteq tells people where speed & red-light cameras are. Good idea? Bad idea? by Marvin Hlavac
Navteq tells people where speed & red-light cameras are. Good idea? Bad idea? http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/laptop-gps-software/2010-speed-red-light-camera-locations-now-available-navteq.html -- Marvin Hlavac Laptop GPS World www.laptopgpsworld.com
June 3rd 09 05:52 PM
by KeesC[_2_] Go to last post
2 284
GPS returning wrong data? by Kak
I'm receiving the following data from a tyco GPS device: (added spaces to improve readability) $GPGSA,A,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,99.0,99.0,99.0*00 $GPGSV,3,1,10, 02,39,235,00 ,04,21,195,00 ,07,57,056,34 , 08,73,175,33 *72 $GPGSV,3,2,10, 10,46,311,00 ,13,27,068,34 ,24,13,320,34 , 25,36,048,00 *7B $GPGSV,3,3,10, 27,06,220,00, 28,12,153,00,,,,,,,,*75
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 3rd 09 02:27 AM
LEA-4T raw data extrapolation by [email protected]
Hi all, i read few massages in sci.geo.satellite-nav about this problem, that data from low-cost receiver need to be extrapolated before doing SD or DD. i also find few ways of doing it, by SamSvl and John John: EpochTime = NearestHz(ReceiverTime, 10);
June 2nd 09 09:49 AM
by samsvl Go to last post
3 1,692
L1-L2 RTK and or Omnistar solutions. by [email protected]
The Rules for the xprize cup competition have changed and now stress landing accuracy. I'm looking for a solution that will give me 10cm accuracy at about 10Hz. I have an unobstructed view of the sky. I was thinking about trying something like Omnistar HP. Anyone with expereince with this product?
June 1st 09 05:40 PM
2610 - Waypoint by Steve[_6_]
Using Find Address, I'd like to convert the result into a waypoint. Not sure how to do this - ? Thanks! -- For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three. ....Alice Kahn
May 30th 09 11:09 PM
by Who Me? Go to last post
3 341
COM port issue with TOPO! by [email protected]
I bought a GlobalSat BU-353 Water-Proof USB Mouse GPS Receiver and plugged it into my Windows XP Pro desktop. I started the TOPO software and everything works. I can show current position and track. I am happy with the receiver as it connects very quickly and easily picks up the weak signals from inside my office. Since the desktop isn't going anywhere, I then connected it to my Windows XP Pro...
May 30th 09 08:37 PM
RePost: GPS at Risk: Doomsday 2010 by Wayne R.
On Wed, 27 May 2009 00:04:18 -0700, DevilsPGD wrote (with clarity & insight): NTP has nothing to do with digital transport. No, it does not -- But it provides the time synchronization required for some digital transport methods. Please elaborate a bit...
May 30th 09 03:10 AM
by Wayne R. Go to last post
0 232
Synthetic Aperture GPS Signal Processing by Mike Jr
http://www.insidegnss.com/auto/mayjune09-soloviev.pdf I found this article fascinating. Synthetic aperture techniques have been applied to imaging radars since at least the 1980's when NASA flew one on the space shuttle. The concept is simple. Effectively, a series of observations are combined just as if they had all been made simultaneously from a very large antenna; this process creates a...
May 30th 09 03:04 AM
by Mike Jr Go to last post
0 278
Parkinson Prescribes Remedy for GAO Report Alarm by Marty Ryba
"Sam Wormley" wrote in message news:[email protected]_s21... On May 27, 11:30 pm, HIPAR wrote: I'm sure I would be humbled in Mr Parkinson's presence. His intellect is obviously beyond reproach. We all are grateful to him as a pioneer who made our GPS possible. Yes, in some ways he still thinks of it as "his" GPS, and he...
May 29th 09 04:12 PM
by HIPAR Go to last post
2 200
Parkinson Prescribes Remedy for GAO Report Alarm by Mike Jr
On May 27, 11:30*pm, HIPAR wrote: On May 27, 7:59*pm, Sam Wormley wrote: "Bradford Parkinson (February 16, 1935) is an American inventor and United States Air Force colonel best known as the father of the Global Positioning System.. He attended the United States Naval Academy, graduating in 1957, but decided to join the Air Force...
May 28th 09 11:33 AM
by Mike Jr Go to last post
0 234
GBX-PRO by BB
Hi: I'm looking either for someone who can repair the CSI GBX-PRO receiver or has some new/used ones available for sale. Thanks.
May 28th 09 05:49 AM
by BB Go to last post
0 265
European Court of Auditors Lambastes Galileo Satellite NavigationProgram by HIPAR
Guess what? The Europeans also have an auditing agency like the US GAO that enjoys throwing a 'monkey wrench' into the works. http://www.insidegnss.com/node/1426 With the world waiting with bated breath for Euro-Tech to provide a sustainable satellite navigation system that actually works, there might actually be complications with that expectation. Minor details like technical problems, long...
May 27th 09 10:57 PM
by HIPAR Go to last post

From The