Surveyors will be hit hardest by the SVN 49 L1 anomaly by Mike Jr
Take a look at http://www.insidegnss.com/auto/mayjune09-gao.pdf On page 35, "Figure 14 indicates that the SVN 49 anomaly is primarily in the L1 band. Compared to Figure 15, the L1 code-minus-carrier (CMC) with ionosphere correction for PRN 1 has a bias highly correlated with the satellite elevation. Consistent with Figure 13, the bias has a relative shift of 0.7 meters from a low elevation of...
May 27th 09 07:48 PM
by Mike Jr Go to last post
3 323
Anyone into Microsoft Streets & Trips? by Marvin Hlavac
Anyone into Microsoft Streets & Trips (or other PC GPS software)? Join Streets & Trips discussions @ Laptop GPS World ........................................................................ The last 10 active topics: * How to change departure times of a sevaral days long trip in Streets & Trips?
May 27th 09 07:29 PM
by Marvin Hlavac Go to last post
0 191
New Garmin nuvi 1xx0 with real pedestrian mode - Previewed by Keith
Let's see what we have here : ======================= 1. New form factor : slim is in New interface supposed to be easier to grasp for the user, can't say the nuvi interface as we know it since the 350 came out in late 2005 felt complex, but the tweaks are there. 3. Customizable map display mode, standard (two info fields) or vertical (four info fields). The info fields are customizable...
May 26th 09 01:38 AM
by Keith Go to last post
0 331
CoPilot 7 Live Question by NvrBst
Hope this is the right group, I wanted to ask on a forum or newsgroup before e-mailing ALK. I have CoPilot Live 7 on a Windows CE 6 Device (800MHz XScale Processor / 7" WideScreen 800x480 resolution). CoPilot runs fine, however, there is about a one second delay after each button press (GUI buttons, or when inputing an address for example). The delay almost seems like it is built in to...
May 25th 09 10:13 PM
by NvrBst Go to last post
0 218
Algorithm to get PVT without the time mark from the navigation message by Johnson[_2_]
Hi there, I am looking for an algorithm to compute PVT without the navigation message (time mark, ephemeris, Iono model etc.) The Ephemeris, Iono model will be achieved from IGS products. Could anybody please provide me some useful information (such as a link to patents claimed) for such an algorithm? The algorithm should generate PVT with biased pseudoranges (no time mark from either the...
May 25th 09 08:40 PM
by Johnson[_2_] Go to last post
0 214
GPS Accuracy Failure - not as bad as it seems by T Driver
I put together a global analysis of the accuracy of GPS, assuming we lose 1-9 satellites. The results aren't as bad as you might think. http://blogs.agi.com/navigationAccuracy/?p=196
May 25th 09 06:53 AM
by John Bonde[_9_] Go to last post
1 270
Coriolis Effect Redux by Nicholas[_2_]
Yes it has only been 10 years since Wolfgang Rupprect and I and others had debate about this subject. Many dismissing it as a factor in which way a toilet bowl drains, saying that the orientation of the cleaning jets determined direction, etc. and so forth. Well he http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e49_1242625048 you can see a REAL demonstration of the effect, as only a few meters difference at...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 23rd 09 09:34 PM
by J. J. Lodder Go to last post
39 1,086
Error budget of ionosphere maps of IGS Final product by Johnson[_2_]
IGS provides ionosphere products in the form of global ionosphere maps. I haven't used it before, and I don't know how accurate it could be. Now I would like to use it for post-processing. I set the estimated error of Iono corrections to half a meter (1 sigma). Am I too optimistic? Anybody has assessed the errors before? Thank you!
May 23rd 09 09:18 PM
by Johnson[_2_] Go to last post
0 236
Does Garmin yet make a portable GPS with miniUSB power & operation? by bill dixon
Does Garmin yet make a portable automotive GPS with miniUSB power & operation? In the past, I declined to purchase Garmin nuvi products because they didn't use the mini USB standard for power and operation. Some, like the nuvi 300, 600 and 700 series used miniUSB for charging but not for operation. The problem with this is that I travel lightly and I only carry a single set of mini USB cables...
May 22nd 09 06:01 PM
by ps56k Go to last post
5 395
Reports that GPS may fail by 2010 ! by [email protected]
This may go some towards explaining something about the tale http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/05/21/gao_predicts_gps_failure/ There are other stories out there but this does well enough for me...
May 21st 09 10:00 PM
Does 1ms I/Q data enough for PPT output? by [email protected]
I am verifying a software GPS receiver concept. I would like to know if I can get PVT output by post-processing with only 1ms (0.001s) of I and Q samples from ADC. The I and Q samples includes signals from 6 GPS satellites with elevation angle greater than 15 degrees. The signals are collected from open sky. The ephemerise data will be downloaded from IGS website. Theoretically I thought 1ms is...
May 21st 09 07:18 PM
by Johnson[_2_] Go to last post
8 378
Coriolis Effect Redux : Extra Credit by Nicholas[_2_]
What direction, in Alfred Hitchcocks's movie "Psycho," did the blood from Janet Leigh and the water from the shower circulate while going down the bathtub drain. There was a close-up shot/scene showing the water/blood mix going down the drain. I am going to find the clip, but before I do, I have $1 that says it was CCW, only because the film was made in the Northern Hemisphere. First one with...
May 21st 09 03:15 PM
by Nicholas[_2_] Go to last post
3 238
Citizen Eco-Drive Women's Corso Diamond Watch #EW0734-53E by [email protected]
Price:$315.00 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000GDA17S Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000GDA17S
May 21st 09 10:28 AM
Paul Frank - TV Watch - Devil in a Hottub by [email protected]
Price:$60.00 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B001QKGZKM Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B001QKGZKM
May 21st 09 10:20 AM
Vestal Midsize Motorhead Black Ion-Plated Watch #MTR003 by [email protected]
Price:$140.00 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B001E55XI4 Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B001E55XI4
May 21st 09 10:16 AM
Invicta Men's Diver Collection Black Leather Watch #4659 by [email protected]
Price:$345.00 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B001BELVUM Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B001BELVUM
May 21st 09 10:08 AM
Skagen Men's Black Watch #233XXLSLB by [email protected]
Price:$100.00 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B0012OQZJS Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0012OQZJS
May 21st 09 09:33 AM
Bulova Watch - Bulova 96P001 by [email protected]
Price:$399.00 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B0017RJ5BA Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0017RJ5BA
May 21st 09 09:32 AM
Tissot Men's PRC 200 Chronograph Watch #T17.1.586.52 by [email protected]
Price:$475.00 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000L3CHC0 Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000L3CHC0
May 21st 09 08:32 AM
2007 Baseball Uniform by [email protected]
Boston Red Sox Authentic 2009 Alternate Performance 59FIFTY On-Field Cap Price:$31.99 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B001NI3CXA Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B001NI3CXA New Era Authentic MLB Home Performance Caps - Texas Rangers Price:$31.99 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000OGMNPK
May 21st 09 05:27 AM

From The