NEW COOPERATIVE CORS SITE IN DAYTON, TX by Sam Wormley
February 20, 2004 NEW COOPERATIVE CORS SITE IN DAYTON, TX John Griffin Surveyors of Dayton, TX has added a base station to the Cooperative CORS network. JGS1's data is distributed by Cornerstone Measuring Solutions. You can point your browser to http://www.surveyingsupplies.com/surveyingsupplies/cors_jgs1.asp
February 25th 04 03:30 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 102
CHANGES TO THE NAVIGATION MESSAGE ENVISIONED by Sam Wormley
Ref: http://www.ngs.noaa.gov/CORS/newsletter1/ February 25, 2004 CHANGES TO THE NAVIGATION MESSAGE ENVISIONED GPS users should be aware that a proposal is being considered to replace ICD-200 with a new Interface Specification IS-200 (Revision D). One of the main features of the revision will be a new "Improved Clock and Ephemeris" (ICE) navigation message to be broadcast on the L2C signal. ...
February 25th 04 03:27 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 101
GLONASS Constellation Status -- February 25, 2004 by Sam Wormley
1.STATUS Information Group GLONASS Constellation Status ( February 25, 2004) GLONASS Cosmos Plane/ Frequ. Launch Intro Status Outage number number slot chann. date date date 794 2402 1/02 04 10.12.2003 02.02.2004 operating 789 2381 1/03 12 01.12.2001 ...
February 25th 04 03:25 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 105
Free On-line Mapping Programs by J&D Schnoor
Does anyone know of any site that compares and contrasts the various free on-line mapping programs? I have tried: -Mapquest -Geocode -Maporama -MultiMap
February 25th 04 03:24 PM
by Dale DePriest Go to last post
1 143
how to download maps from GARMIN LEGEND by Voslogin
It is possible to download maps from GARMIN LEGEND to PC? i upload one to gps "via mapsend program", but i could get em to my pc again.....
February 25th 04 02:54 PM
by Peter Go to last post
9 273
Navigation software taking traffic lights into account? by Emmanuel van Hecke
Hi, I am using Tomtom for a few days and (besides the fact that the software does a very good job at taking me to destination) I was puzzled to understand why it drives faster than I do. Instead of trying to run myself faster, I tried to get it slower in order to be closer to reality. First thing to do is to change the road speeds in the properties. Second thing is to take traffic lights into...
February 25th 04 02:44 PM
by Hans-Georg Michna Go to last post
2 181
GlobalMap 100-iFinder Question by KLINK
I have a GlobalMap 100 with MapCreate ver. 1.2.0. My brother just purchased a iFinder Pro and has MapCreate 6 on order. Since he does not have a computer, he will put it on my computer. Is there any way that I can use the maps from ver. 6 on my GM 100?
February 25th 04 02:35 PM
by KLINK Go to last post
2 146
Garmin etrex unable to find satellites - help by GPS User
My etrex has been switched for several months. On switching it on it has the wrong time and date and has been searching for satellites for over 1 hour. Is it possible to force it to do an aotolocate? the manual states it will ask if it cant locate any satellites but mine is still looking for them.
February 25th 04 01:14 PM
by Gary S. Go to last post
3 210
search Blue Chart atlantic by Ciccio Lamazza
HELP!i search Blue chart Atlantic for IQUE!! do you want to change on icq or similar product with city Select Europe V5 or update to version 6? Thanks -- Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG
February 25th 04 11:02 AM
by Ciccio Lamazza Go to last post
0 136
GPSMAP 60C Lock On Road Bug by Jerry
I always set "lock on road" OFF in the map page setup screen. I like to know where I am, not where the map thinks I should be. Lock on road also produces funky track logs not to my liking. But the 60c has a habit of turning lock to road back ON by itself. I have not been able to identify a sequence of events that cause this. It happened again yesterday. At the end of a trip I reviewed...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 25th 04 09:47 AM
by Don F Go to last post
24 623
GPS for Spain and Portugal by Bob Rosenstein
I have an Earthmate GPS USB device for use in the USA with Delorme Street Atlas for my laptop. I will be vacationing in Spain and Portugal by car and would like to acquire either Laptop or hand held GPS capability for Europe, at a modest cost. I will appreciate any suggestions.
February 25th 04 09:35 AM
by Jan Otto Ruud Go to last post
2 205
Will Garmin produce monochrome GPS 60 / GPSMAP 60 ? by zulutime
Any of you Garmin insiders hear of any plans? With so many new models, one wonders if they will be able to do so any time soon.
February 25th 04 06:55 AM
by Graham W Go to last post
1 193
Used Softchart Software Available At Reasonable Price by DAL
I have the following Softchart CD's that I am willing to part with at $55each. Went there..did that and now I am through with them. Region SC-8: Florida West Coast and the Keys Region 104 Bahamas and Bermuda Region 105 Northern Caribbean - Cayman Islands, Jamaica and Hispaniola Region 106 Eastern and Southern Caribbean - Virgin Islands to Panama Canal SC-17 Mobile, AL to Mexico SC-10 Puerto...
February 25th 04 02:02 AM
by DAL Go to last post
0 145
eTrex position drifts for several minutes after lock by Chris Lawrence
I've just bought a standard Garmin eTrex and am really happy with its performance and quality. It has the latest 2.14 firmware installed. One of the first things I did when playing with it was to get a fix outside the front door and mark a waypoint. The next day I was walking back to the house and watching the position and found that as I approached the front door I was actually walking away...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 25th 04 12:22 AM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
10 308
GPSMAP 60C Time To Destination Bug by Jerry
According to page 70 of the owners manual Time To Destination and Time To Next display estimated times if you maintain your current speed and course. I have found this not to be the case when auto routing with lock-to-road option using MapSource MetroGuide USA version 4.01 maps. The estimated times are completely independent of your current speed. Instead, a constant speed is assumed...
February 24th 04 10:22 PM
by Dale DePriest Go to last post
6 210
2610 map colors by Seagull
I've had my 2610 in the "night" color mode since I bought it. The "day" colors are just too harsh with that bright, background yellow pretty much overwhelming the whole display. I find it difficult to see. Imagine my surprise, however, when I got my 60C this weekend and saw that it uses more muted tones for the daytime map. That background tan is very nice and pretty easy on the eyes. I have...
February 24th 04 08:15 PM
by Seagull Go to last post
3 200
And the other way around? by Andreas van Hooijdonk
Wouldn't it be nice to have a good color mapping GPSR with an A-GPS chip-set AND a GSM chip that could, automatically, ask for assistance in situations where the GPS alone could not keep a fix? Maybe it will be easier for Garmin and Magellan to incorporate a phone in a GPSR than it is for manufacturers of phones to incorporate a decent GPS program. They already must incorporate such an awful...
February 24th 04 06:58 PM
by Dale DePriest Go to last post
4 191
suggestions for Canadian Topo maps of Quebec by GPSFOOL
I use EasyGPS and Mapsource Topo USA, pleased w/ this for working in the US. Anything similar for Canada, Quebec in particular? Specifically looking for digital topo maps I can manipulate, markup, plan trips/routes and printout. Primairly for kayak trips in the backcountry. I realize these will not be downloadable to my Garmin GPS, but what are you guys using?...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 24th 04 06:26 PM
by none Go to last post
11 328
SA2004 track problem by Pete Beall
Using SA2004 with Windows XP. My downloaded tracks will sometimes be obscured by multiple track numbers. I'm not sure what triggers this, but print preview seems to do it every time. Anyone else noticed this or has a solution? I've asked this before, but this time I've posted an example at: http://www.petebeall.net/PDF/Numbers.pdf
February 24th 04 06:15 PM
by Dan Lawyer Go to last post
1 165
Oregon trail by digs
Is anyone aware of a database of Lat/Long that depicts the Oregon Trail (in Idaho) and the Goodale Cutoff. Tried the BLM, FS and the web to no avail. I fly over this area two to three times a day, but it is difficult to no exactly if what I am seeing is the "real" mark of history. I have paper maps that show Township Range, but I am unable to convert if that is at all possible....
February 24th 04 04:36 PM
by Tom H. Go to last post

From The