A gay satellite spies on men on Earth!!! by Ben Tuddy
There is a gay satellite out there who is spying on men on Earth and the satellite is examining your genitals!!! Watch out!!!
April 14th 09 08:34 PM
by Bert Hyman Go to last post
3 423
MAGNITUDE of difference between datums and simple models of earth by Richard Owlett
I've found references to conversions for precise conversion between various datums. I'm swamped with too much detail. I'm looking for a reference to the magnitude of the error when approximating the earth as perfect sphere, ellipsoid, or the various datums. TIA
April 14th 09 11:22 AM
by Richard Owlett Go to last post
2 321
UTM to lat/lng depends on datum ? (USGS maps) by Phil[_3_]
Dear Experts, I hope this is a good place to ask this; if anyone can suggest somewhere better, please do! I have some code that converts between UTM and lat/lng. I've basically copied the "Redfearn's Formula" method as described in the spreadsheet he http://www.ga.gov.au/geodesy/datums/calcs.jsp#trans . This seems to work in as much as I get the same answers as various online...
April 13th 09 08:51 PM
by Phil[_3_] Go to last post
4 424
WMATA stations in GTX format by David Lesher
Is there a file anywhere with the WMATA Metro station locations? -- A host is a host from coast to & no one will talk to a host that's close.........(301) 56-LINUX Unless the host (that isn't close).........................pob 1433 is busy, hung or dead....................................20915-1433
April 13th 09 01:35 AM
PoiShare-public enriched maps: add your neighbourhood! by Kees
Help building better Google maps by enriching them with your local data. http://www.poi66.com/maps2/add_city.php Click the map in your area and select type location type (city, parking, hotel etc). With this you enrich public maps, available at www.poi66.com These maps will automatically be used to enrich other people's maps. This is not a commercial solution, all POI66 service are free of...
April 12th 09 03:28 PM
by Kees Go to last post
0 773
L5 Signal by HIPAR
The new GPS satellite is now transmitting the L5 demonstration signal. See GPSWorld.com. --- CHAS
April 11th 09 01:56 AM
by HIPAR Go to last post
0 305
GPS handheld computer from General Dynamics by lostparts
"Nicholas" wrote in message ... On Wed, 08 Apr 2009 23:26:51 GMT, Sam Wormley wrote: One device the warfighter likes and uses is a GPS handheld computer from General Dynamics (Itronix) known as the GoBook MR-1. ...
April 9th 09 07:07 PM
by Nicholas[_2_] Go to last post
3 329
Microsoft Streets & Trips now cheaper w/new USB GPS by Marvin Hlavac
Microsoft just lowered the price of the software/hardware bundle, Streets and Trips 2009 with GPS Locator. New GPS included. http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/microsoft-streets-trips/1781-microsoft-lowers-streets-trips-gps-locator-price-new-usb-gps-included.html
April 7th 09 09:27 PM
by Marvin Hlavac Go to last post
0 278
New freeware added to Utilsea website by [email protected]
We are pleasant to announce a new freeware added to UtilSea website. This is a small tool to simulate NMEA GPS output for testing or debugging software. Enjoy http://utilsea.free.fr
April 6th 09 10:04 PM
evesham nav-cam 7000 by chris 159
Hi All, I recently bought one of the above off ebay as faulty and managed to easily repair it but there was no sd card or cd with it so i am struggling to find some software for it that actually works. My pc does not recognise it when connected through usb (cable that came with my digi-cam) but it does charge it. I am able to view photos and play mp3's with it (not that i want to but just testing...
April 5th 09 03:42 PM
by chris 159 Go to last post
0 1,115
Demonstration payload on GPS IIR(M)-20 by Mike Jr
Does anybody know if the L5 demonstration package will include sending ranging data? --Mike Jr
April 5th 09 03:08 PM
by Mike Jr Go to last post
4 323
~~~ AUTOCAD ~~~ by PeterD
On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 09:32:01 -0700 (PDT), Sanjay wrote: Dear sir/madam We are a service providers for SPAM... Anyone so stupid to put that type of spam on Usenet (or anywhere else for that matter) is so clueless that they will never realize that
April 3rd 09 04:55 PM
by PeterD Go to last post
0 352
Float Ambiguity by [email protected]
Hi, I am trying to solve float ambiguity from my zero-baseline (2 Geodetic receivers, but single frequency computation). I used few equations from the book GPS Theory and Practice (B. Hofmann-Wellenhof), p. 248 in order to solve my float ambiguity. My data set are pseudorange and phase and of course satellite's ephemeris.
April 2nd 09 07:20 AM
by samsvl Go to last post
1 555
FA: GPS Video text overlay units and receivers by [email protected]
There are a number of applications where it is useful to display the information from a GPS receiver as a video text overlay. We currently have two old gps video overlay units complete with receivers for auction on Ebay. They provide a simple solution for the display of NMEA data over a helmet or vehicle mounted camera. http://tinyurl.com/GPS-Speedo http://tinyurl.com/GPS-406
April 1st 09 02:01 PM
Microsoft - TomTom settled by Marvin Hlavac
Microsoft & TomTom settled: http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/microsoft-streets-trips/1583-microsoft-sues-tomtom-patent-infringement.htm (Scroll down to post #6)
April 1st 09 08:41 AM
Trimble Geoexplorer 1,2 date problems by Roman Szeremeta
Anybody else annoyed by the failure of Trimble to properly fix the Y2K problem with their GeoExplorer GPS units? They claim that the wrong date doesnt affect processing. This is crap. If you are using Rinex files for differrential correction then the date is scattered throughout the records. I am amazed that in litigation crazy US that Trimble have been allowed to get away with this. Didnt...
March 30th 09 05:02 PM
by claudegps Go to last post
6 449
SBAS by [email protected]
Hi all, is there official site which provides SBAS ephemeris? Regards
March 28th 09 01:49 PM
by [email protected][_2_] Go to last post
1 388
egnos on garmin nuvi 255T by Kristoff Bonne[_2_]
Hi all, As of yesterday, I have a garmin nuvi 255T with -according the information I find on the web- a sirfstar III chip and support for egnos. However, when I look at the information from the satellite signals it receives, I do not see any of the egnos satellites or any other satellites with a satid above 32 for that matter.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 25th 09 09:32 PM
by Peter Rathmann Go to last post
18 782
GPS ephemeris by [email protected]
Dear all, i use raw data from uBlox (LEA-4T) for post processing. I would like to know if it is possible to configure the receiver to send new SV's ephemeris once it retrive it insted of asking it manualy. it is possible to download, alpha and beta coeffiecients which are needed for Ionosphere's error, on daily basis from ftp://ftp.unibe.ch/aiub/CODE/ I would like to know if are the same for...
March 25th 09 10:03 AM
Windows utility to test Bluetooth GPS by claudegps
On 24 Mar, 18:48, claudegps wrote: On 24 Mar, 18:33, "Michael Chare" wrote: Can anyone recommend a utility that would let me test the connection between a Windows Vista PC with Bluetooth USB dongle and a Bluetooth GPS? Hyperterminal will work * ;) LOL... MS removed it from Vista!!!! Arghhhh...
March 24th 09 04:50 PM
by claudegps Go to last post

From The