A Call to Action by Sam Wormley[_2_]
A Call to Action http://www.boutell.com/usenet.html USENET is based on the principle of mutual aid. If you use the common resources of the USENET newsgroups, you are expected to give something in return eventually. You are respected even more if you give something spontaneously. If you blow it, you are shunned by the community.
June 8th 14 08:26 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 367
Expanding Our System of Systems by Sam Wormley[_2_]
Expanding Our System of Systems http://gpsworld.com/expanding-our-system-of-systems/ Alan Cameron is editor-in-chief and publisher of GPS World magazine, where he has worked since 2000. He also writes the monthly GNSS System Design e-mail newsletter and the Wide Awake blog. Putting GNSS into into use within much larger aggregates of systems shows the greatest promise yet for...
May 30th 14 09:39 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 386
GPS/GLONASS Dispute: CEO Clarifies Misunderstandings by Sam Wormley[_2_]
GPS/GLONASS Dispute: CEO Clarifies Misunderstandings http://gpsworld.com/dont-politicize-gnss-says-industry-ceo-and-visionary/ “Use any opportunity to create friendship and peace,” urged Javad Ashjaee, president and CEO of JAVAD GNSS, in a May 23 conversation with journalists. He decried the recent controversy about monitoring stations on both U.S. and Russian soil, saying it was based...
May 29th 14 05:29 PM
by Alan Browne Go to last post
3 389
GPS IIF-6 Launched into Orbit Following Weather Delay by Sam Wormley[_2_]
GPS IIF-6 Launched into Orbit Following Weather Delay http://gpsworld.com/gps-iif-6-launched-into-orbit-following-weather-delay/ The sixth GPS Block IIF satellite was successfully launched Friday at 8:03 p.m. local time. Built by Boeing Space and Intelligence Systems of El Segundo, California, GPS IIF-6 launched aboard a United Launch Alliance Delta 4 rocket from Cape Canaveral Air...
May 20th 14 08:49 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 385
GPS World Innovation: The Early Years by Sam Wormley[_2_]
GPS World Innovation: The Early Years http://gauss.gge.unb.ca/gpsworld/innovation.html The Innovation column has appeared in GPS World magazine continuously since the first issue of January/February 1990. The early columns are difficult to find except for those who were fortunate to have had inaugural subscriptions to the magazine. Black and white reprints of the first 15 columns...
May 20th 14 01:49 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 349
Russia threatening US with withdrawal of MK-33 and RD-180 engines by Alan Browne
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/05/13/the-tug-of-war-between-nasa-and-russia-continues/ or http://tinyurl.com/pl5928s So Marcelo, this should give SpaceX some added boost. -- "Big data can reduce anything to a single number, but you shouldn’t be fooled by the appearance of exactitude." -Gary Marcus and Ernest Davis, NYT, 2014.04.07
May 17th 14 12:40 PM
by Alan Browne Go to last post
2 384
eDLoran Surprise: European Navigation Conference 2014 by Sam Wormley[_2_]
eDLoran Surprise: European Navigation Conference 2014 http://gpsworld.com/dloran-surprise-european-navigation-conference-2014/ At the ENC-GNSS Conference in Rotterdam, we delved into actions necessary to officially use EGNOS (giving me déjà vu from WAAS’s early days), heard sage words from Brad Parkinson, the father of GPS, and, on the last day, saw amazing proof of a claim many of...
May 14th 14 09:06 PM
by Alan Browne Go to last post
1 491
ULA block buy leads to fast GPS launches ? by Marcelo Pacheco
Interesting... I was hearing a launch segment bottleneck preventing GPS launches. If we got one launch every 15 months we were lucky. So SpaceX comes along, shows a viable alternative to ULA rockets for GPS payloads and out of a sudden, GPS launch tempo jumps 200+%. 3 launches this year. Ok, one launch was rolled from late 2013 due to a stand down, but still what's the rush ? If IIF-5, IIF-6,...
April 30th 14 08:03 PM
by Alan Browne Go to last post
8 575
GPS reception in New York City by [email protected]
Hallo heer mevrouw Dit bericht is voor al degenen die behoefte hebben aan dringend en met name ernstige lening aanvraag lening. U moet een lening te verstrekken, Let op de gebieden waarop ik u kan helpen: * Financiering * Onroerend goed-leningen * Investeringskredieten * Auto lening * De schuldconsolidatie
April 17th 14 05:13 PM
by Hans Weir Go to last post
1 331
MH 370 by Happy Trails
Does anyone still read msgs here?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 9th 14 08:16 AM
by Happy Trails Go to last post
53 1,923
Too much gain? by claudegps
Hi all, what to extect on the GPS receiver in case there is the antenna/LNA gain that is too high? I case of gain too high, I'd expect to have difficulties in the reception of satellites with higher elevation (generally the ones with stronger signal). This would may also prevent the reception of the lower elevation ones, because the AGC would be set to lowest possible (because too much...
March 26th 14 07:19 PM
by Alan Browne Go to last post
5 478
MH 370 Inmarsat Positioning by Happy Trails
For the first time I am seeing a reference to usage of Inmarsat data directly in a news article. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/23/world/asia/a-routine-flight-till-both-routine-and-flight-vanish.html?emc=edit_th_20140323&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=68973199&_r=0 It is significant that this article quotes an Inmarsat executive as indicating the receipt of hourly pings from MH370 not only at the...
March 23rd 14 08:36 PM
by Happy Trails Go to last post
7 507
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2014030 by [email protected]
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2014030 SUBJ: SVN65 (PRN24) FORECAST OUTAGE SUMMARY JDAY 079/0314 - JDAY 079/0854 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTSUMM NANU NUMBER: 2014030 NANU DTG: 200859Z MAR 2014 REFERENCE NANU: 2014029 REF NANU DTG: 172215Z MAR 2014 SVN: 65 PRN: 24 START JDAY: 079
March 20th 14 11:34 AM
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2014025-26 by [email protected]
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2014025 SUBJ: SVN39 (PRN09) UNUSABLE JDAY 066/1508 - UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE 1. NANU TYPE: UNUSUFN NANU NUMBER: 2014025 NANU DTG: 071453Z MAR 2014 REFERENCE NANU: N/A REF NANU DTG: N/A SVN: 39 PRN: 09 START JDAY: 066
March 7th 14 04:16 PM
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2014023 by [email protected]
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2014023 SUBJ: SVN50 (PRN05) FORECAST OUTAGE SUMMARY JDAY 064/0014 - JDAY 064/0758 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTSUMM NANU NUMBER: 2014023 NANU DTG: 050759Z MAR 2014 REFERENCE NANU: 2014021 REF NANU DTG: 272118Z FEB 2014 SVN: 50 PRN: 05 START JDAY: 064
March 5th 14 01:09 PM
Moving on by Sam Wormley[_2_]
I got hooked on taking online college courses such as CornellX: Astro2290x Relativity and Astrophysics. So after the better part of twenty years, I am moving on. I thank many of those I have learned from. Thank you! -Sam Wormley
February 24th 14 05:43 AM
Are Geographic/Astronomical Coordinates geocentric ? by userX
Are Geographic/Astronomical Coordinates geocentric ? The astronomical coordinates are expressed as lal, long i.e. in curvilinear coordinate system. Can they be expressed in cartesian coordinate system ?
February 21st 14 02:41 PM
by userX Go to last post
0 393
Galileo Achieves In-Orbit Validation by Sam Wormley[_2_]
Galileo Achieves In-Orbit Validation http://gpsworld.com/galileo-achieves-in-orbit-validation/ The in-orbit validation of Galileo has been achieved, according to the European Space Agency (ESA). Europe now has the operational nucleus of its own satellite navigation constellation in place — the world’s first civil-owned and operated satnav system.
February 11th 14 08:54 PM
by Alan Browne Go to last post
1 413
Congress, FCC Moves Close Out Options for LightSquared by Sam Wormley[_2_]
Congress, FCC Moves Close Out Options for LightSquared http://www.insidegnss.com/node/3906 The prospects for LightSquared dimmed this month with both the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and Congress making decisions likely to hamper the firm’s plans to exit bankruptcy. LightSquared, a Virginia firm that planned to build a nationwide wireless broadband network until its...
February 11th 14 03:47 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 344
Exelis Reaches GPS OCX Milestones for Navigation and Encryption Software by Sam Wormley[_2_]
Exelis Reaches GPS OCX Milestones for Navigation and Encryption Software http://gpsworld.com/exelis-reaches-gps-ocx-milestones-for-navigation-and-encryption-software/ Exelis has successfully completed several software upgrades for the new GPS Next Generation Operational Control System. The new version of GPS software will help ground controllers better understand the satellites' exact...
February 4th 14 07:06 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post

From The