Is my Magellan 320 broken? by La Jesus
Leave it for 30 min. If after that nothing, then the antenna probably broke "Ignoramus1091" wrote in message ... My 4 year old trusty Magellan 320 GPS is no longer working. It just doe snot acquire any satellites. It spent a while without being powered. Otherwise it works, meaning that it boots up and goes through the...
October 27th 03 12:33 AM
by Mike Go to last post
6 135
New and terrific GPS program for the PocketPC by Antonio R. Franco
A new GPS program has born, CompePocket. It is a full featured program that will allow to to exchange all kind of data between the PocketPC and the GPS (most brands), and will load both raster maps (in ecw format) as well as vectorial maps. It shows the altitude profile while moving map is active, and has more features that deserve to be considered. Itimports Ozi maps as long as they use the ecw...
October 26th 03 11:41 PM
by yup Go to last post
3 232
DeLorme SA9 printed maps are useless by Larry Sher
I have complained on this forum previously about DeLorme Street Atlas 2003, omitting street names for zoom levels below 13. Here is an example: I recently visited Otter Creek Trails in northern NY state. I printed out a map covering the roads in the area. The map was on multiple 8.5 x 11 sheets that I pasted together. At the zoom level that made the paper map *reasonably sized* and...
October 26th 03 06:57 PM
by Larry Sher Go to last post
6 163
Garmin gpsmap 76s maps? by deloid
I was thinking of buying the gpsmap 76s. I use the gps primarily for off trail hiking in the wilderness (back-up map and compass). What I liked about this unit is that it has the electric compass and the altimeter reading that seems better than the vista. I particularly like the idea of accurately tracking my path on the PC later. My concerns: I have read that this unit receives signals better...
October 26th 03 04:38 PM
by Gary S. Go to last post
2 137
CD for Blaupunkt Travel Pilot by Phil
I'm looking for a new CD for the Blaupunkt Travel Pilot (type: RNS 3) for Benelux. The current one is of the year 2000 and not really 'up to date'. Anyone any idea where to find a place to download a new version of such a CD on the internet? Phil.
October 26th 03 03:52 PM
by Phil Go to last post
0 138
Broken iQue screen by Joe Parsons
I took my iQue to the amusement park last week. I wanted to set a waypoint for my parking spot--and to see how fast some of the rides really were. I made sure the lether flap was properly attached, and carried it around in my pocket all day. It must have come in contact with my keys or something on one of the more violent rides--the screen was cracked. I called Garmin, and they replace the...
October 26th 03 03:51 PM
by Joe Parsons Go to last post
0 139
Re-radiator question by red rover
I was interested in re-radiators for Etrex series. What ones are out there? I believe there is one by Tri-M that is the Mighty Mouse + 12V adapter + Tx Antenna, is that correct? If I understand correctly the GPS units with an antenna connector provide power so does that mean if I later bought such a unit like a 76 I could re-use the same antenna (less the adapter and Tx Antenna)?
October 26th 03 02:28 PM
by Dean A. Stepper Go to last post
8 236
Maps for eTrex Vista ... City Select? by C. J. Egetter
Greetings ... Thrilled with the iQue 3600 in my car, I decided to GPS-ify my bike, as well. The eTrex Vista seemed like a swell device ... even has a handlebar mount. And (I thought to myself) I already had the maps. But now it seems the Vista won't accept the City Select North America v5 that shipped with the iQue ... Has to be the MetroGuide flavor. Is that
October 26th 03 02:03 PM
by Dale DePriest Go to last post
5 176
GPS for sailboat use by PfromP
I am planning on purchasing a GPS for use on a sailboat primarily to use as a compass and speed indicator. Compass requirement is simply to track direction of travel in order to be aware of wind shifts. I want to be able to easily detect a five degree change in direction. Speed indicator requirement is to help fine tune sail trim during racing, so accuracy in speed indications in tenths of a...
October 26th 03 01:09 PM
by red rover Go to last post
5 228
reception by utah
I've never even used a GPS before. Will a handheld gps work in a car without mounting an antennae in the car? basically, i want to take a gps in either of our vehicles, and also use it for aviation on a cessna. can you do that without any external antennae?
October 25th 03 11:26 PM
by Dave Patton Go to last post
3 200
Usings Garmin GPSMAP 76S, OziExplorer with topo maps by Jeff Morrow
As to my prior post of: Garmin Vista or GPSMAP76S? - dated Oct. 15, 2003 I made a decision and just purchased a new Garmin GPSMAP 76S and OziExplorer. I have downloaded some Toporama maps for my location in Northern Ontario Canada. http://toporama.cits.rncan.gc.ca/toporama_en.html (no good retail top map products yet) I calibrated my Toporama maps for use in OziExplorer using DRGMapCal.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 25th 03 11:16 PM
by Dave Patton Go to last post
19 573
Topographic Maps? by Joe Foe
I'm looking for a up to date Topographic area map like this one of my home area of Buffalo, New York (that shows roads and towns and such in a easy to read format. http://tinyurl.com/scq3 Or a website or program that can show this info...for free. Thank you in advance, Joe Foe from Buffalo :-)
October 25th 03 10:25 PM
by Jerry L. Wahl Go to last post
1 208
navman iCN620 by F. de Wit
Anybody know what the difference is between a Navman iCN630 and the new iCN620. They look very similar.
October 25th 03 09:12 PM
by Burnie M Go to last post
5 211
Garmin GPS60, any news? by red rover
I think most people have heard rumours about these units. Is there any more news about them? I read some posts on geocaching.com and saw some pics but then things went quiet. Steve
October 25th 03 09:09 PM
by red rover Go to last post
0 148
iQue revision 2 posted by Darrel Goheen
http://www.garmin.com/support/download.jsp -- Darrel Goheen http://www.tvnav.com
October 25th 03 08:37 PM
by Alan Burnstine Go to last post
5 204
Questions about the IQUE 3600 by D B
I like the SD assisted memory options and the larger, color screen of the 3600, but I'm interested to know... Regarding the iQue About how long will the battery last if GPSing? Is the autorouting comparable to other Garmins (SPIII, GPS V)? Are the reports of slow screen refreshing that bad? About Fugawi in the iQue:
October 25th 03 04:17 PM
by Tony Clark Go to last post
8 270
Raster vs Vector by C. Bailey
I don't know a lot about GPS, so correct me if I am wrong......I have read that GPS only accept vector images for download as compared to raster images. Is anyone working on a GPS that will work with raster images? I realize raster images are large, but if you just want to have maps for a relatively small area (e.g. if you are hiking, or biking), the ability to download raster images to a GPS...
October 25th 03 03:19 PM
by Dale DePriest Go to last post
1 234
My first looks 2610 & CN5 by LouW
I just received my 2610 and CN5. My house is still on the wrong side of a main street. I have lived in this condo for 23 years and it is about 30 years old. I have selected about 120 MB maps and am downloading to a 256 MB CF card. On a 1 Ghz system, the indexing is only about 16% complete with an estimated 35' remaining. Is this normal? One frustation of no batteries is that I cannot just...
October 25th 03 01:43 PM
by BillW Go to last post
5 266
Whereabouts of MrSID ? by Noel Bachelor
Does anybody know where the MrSID Landsat image site has gone? It used to be at https://zulu.ssc.nasa.gov/mrsid/ I haven't been there for a few months, but my attempts now just get a 'site not found' errror. Has it moved or closed down or what? Thanks,
October 25th 03 09:56 AM
by Noel Bachelor Go to last post
3 255
Streetpilot speaker and GSM carkit by Marcel.
When using my cellular phone in it's carkit, the sound of my Streetpilot 2610 (SPIII as well) gets thoroughly distorted. The interference is most probably entering the SP through it's antenne cable. Anyone here with the same problem (and solution)? thanks. -- groet, Marcel.
October 25th 03 05:11 AM
by matt weber Go to last post

From The