iPaq - USB or Serial cable ? by Not Available
I am using a Magellan 315 with a cable made for an iPaq 38xx series. I would need a cable that has a female iPaq connector on one side and a USB or serial on the other side. Does such cable exist ? Best regards not_available at anonymous dot to
July 19th 03 02:15 AM
by Pc-Mobile Go to last post
2 262
recommendations on hand-held units by Paul Richardson
OK, I am curious as to what people might recommend here. I'll describe my application first 1) about 80% of the time I'll want to use the unit for street navigation here in the states and in Europe as well (Specifically Spain and France) 2) 20% I'll use it for navigation during my surf trips, both here and abroad, always car based but sometimes I may have to carry it on my person 3) A color...
July 19th 03 12:00 AM
by Dale DePriest Go to last post
2 212
Better GPS street guidance than Delorme StreetAtlas?? by Don A
Hang in there -- SA2003 is over the hill. According to my checkbook / Visa card it looks as if there will be a SA2004 in about 60 days or so. Let's see if Delorme really improves with another year of satellite mapping. Regarding non-existent roads, you can hardly blame them IF the local state map has the road showing, and I have found a couple of those. wrote in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 18th 03 11:39 PM
by Dale DePriest Go to last post
10 342
New Zealand by BrentC
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 20:49:04 +0000 (UTC), "tim Emptage" wrote: I live in the UK and plan trip to NZ later this year. I will be doing a lot of walking and am thinking of buying a GPS. I know very little about GPS and would like to know if the one I buy in the UK will work in NZ Thanks
July 18th 03 10:52 PM
by BrentC Go to last post
0 225
Mag SporTrak vs Garm 201 by steve
On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 13:36:24 +0100, "Cruz Gaspar" wrote: Magellan Sportrak or Garmin Geko 201? I dont need maps. Spend the slightly extra dough and get a SporTrak Map. That way you get the data cable with the unit, plus you get maps anyway.
July 18th 03 09:40 PM
by steve Go to last post
0 238
Looking for Advice on a GPS system by steve
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:08:06 GMT, (C.J. Stull) wrote: Anyone have a suggestion for me? Take a look at Brunton's rechargeable battery solution. They make a charger that holds up to ten AA or AAA batteries at once; it will run on 110V power, 12V automobile power, and then you can also get a little solar jobber that will charge the batteries as well.
July 18th 03 09:34 PM
by steve Go to last post
0 257
What software is available? by Preben Mikael Bohn
Chris wrote: Just got a Garmin 12. What software is available (preferably free!) and - what does it do? Maybe you should instead ask yourself: What software do I need, and is it available (preferably free)... :-) Best regards Preben
July 18th 03 09:15 PM
by Chris Go to last post
6 281
USB port for - GPSV by Dave Patton
"DLynch" wrote in : Can I use the USB adapter to communicate with my gpsV? (from a USB port to the standard Garmin cable) Yes, if you put a USB to serial adapter in between :-) -- Dave Patton
July 18th 03 08:46 PM
by DLynch Go to last post
1 278
Does not understand anymore by Peter
Victore wrote: Please , can someone explain me ? A friend has a europe Street pilot 3 with Europe CN. He would like to have USA CN for traveling in the USA and i said to him that he also could use metroguide USA but without autorouting on the gps. So now he have the USA metroguide and i did upload the maps for demonstration to him. When i tryed the part of autorouting, i was...
July 18th 03 08:17 PM
by Peter Go to last post
0 267
test by Joe Mehaffey
ignore
July 18th 03 08:14 PM
by Joe Mehaffey Go to last post
0 263
nav software ireland by Mike
The new version of Garmin's European Metroguide has improved coverage of Ireland. As well as Dublin, a few other major cities are covered. But outside the cities, the detail is still poor. There are many Having driven a fair bit in Ireland (North and South), I can confirm that the Mapsource 4 maps of are complete rubbish. Dublin, Belfast and Kerry are on the map, everything else is...
July 18th 03 06:42 PM
by Gary S. Go to last post
6 277
Garmin Vista or Magellan Meridian Platinum??? by Craig
Hello Everyone, Another one of those questions which one should I get. Well, I've read all the reviews on the net and know the technical differences between the two however I still can't choose one. I like the Magellan 'cos it's got the SD card functionality but then it hasn't got the average speed & top speed features (correct me if I'm wrong here) of the Vista. Essentially these are the only...
July 18th 03 06:02 PM
by Peter Go to last post
7 302
ARGHH! No serial port. - GPSV by Jeffrey Czapla-Myers
Doug Warner wrote: Just bought a new Sony TR1A subcompact laptop, went to install City Select, then realized that it does NOT have a serial port! Using it with my GPSV wasn't my prime reason for buying it, so I didn't check. (ALL computers have serial ports, don't they?) I've searched the group, found lots of "don't work" posts, but none about a USB - RS232 converter that works...
July 18th 03 05:56 PM
by Jeffrey Czapla-Myers Go to last post
0 255
Dealer for GPS and Palm (or PocketPC) by Kalman Rubinson
I am looking for a reliable GPS dealer who can offer the full package of requisite hardware and software so I do not have to buy each separately or rely on one of the know-nothing big-box stores. Trying to avoid the possibility of finger-pointing when I need to make it work. Street or web OK. I am in the US, NYC specifically. Kal (with apologies for cross-posting here as the other inquiry...
July 18th 03 05:07 PM
by Kalman Rubinson Go to last post
6 310
ARGHH! No serial port. - GPSV by Phil Wheeler
Doug Warner wrote: Just bought a new Sony TR1A subcompact laptop, went to install City Select, then realized that it does NOT have a serial port! Using it with my GPSV wasn't my prime reason for buying it, so I didn't check. (ALL computers have serial ports, don't they?) I've searched the group, found lots of "don't work" posts, but none about a USB - RS232 converter that works...
July 18th 03 04:51 PM
by Phil Wheeler Go to last post
0 244
Dell Axum The SupplyNet Cable Delorme USB Earthmate by Dan Lawyer
If this is the cable you got http://www.thesupplynet.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=6857 and not the old USB/Serial cable for the old Earthmate, then I guess it should work, but as your not using a DeLorme's XMapHH I'm not at all sure how you would set it. The only options I have with DeLorme XMapHH is Serial,CF,Infrared, or Bluetooth connection. Since GPSDash and Pocket PC uses com ports, make...
July 18th 03 03:33 PM
by Dan Lawyer Go to last post
2 319
ARGHH! No serial port. - GPSV by Peter Crosland
Does anyone have one that works? The Belkin on works perfectly provided you follow the instructions for the install. If you don't it won't!
July 18th 03 03:00 PM
by Peter Crosland Go to last post
0 274
ARGHH! No serial port. - GPSV by Rich Carlson, N9JIG
In article , Doug Warner wrote: Just bought a new Sony TR1A subcompact laptop, went to install City Select, then realized that it does NOT have a serial port! Using it with my GPSV wasn't my prime reason for buying it, so I didn't check. (ALL computers have serial ports, don't they?) I've searched the group,...
July 18th 03 12:55 PM
by Rich Carlson, N9JIG Go to last post
0 260
units by ian broadbent
go for the ique garmin unit due out in august
July 18th 03 11:34 AM
by ian broadbent Go to last post
0 244
ARGHH! No serial port. - GPSV by Runamuk.
I have a Belkin USB - Serial converter for my laptop and it works with my GPS (Magellan 315) http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Product_Id=109641 "Doug Warner" wrote in message ... Just bought a new Sony TR1A subcompact laptop, went to install City Select, then realized that it does NOT have...
July 18th 03 07:45 AM
by Runamuk. Go to last post

From The