garmin 176c or navman 5500 by Swede
Hi, I am shopping for a chartplotter for my boat...mainly intent to do offshore fishing and shorter cruises such as to the bahamas...tortugas....I have been looking atthe garmin 176c and the navman 5500....is this more that I need for this purpose....any thoughts or opinions?? Thanks!!
July 16th 03 03:40 PM
by Swede Go to last post
0 262
GEOMAGNETIC STORM IN PROGRESS. AURORA MAY BE OBSERVED.... by Sam Wormley
Ref: http://spaceweather.com/ AURORA WATCH: High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras on July 16th when Earth might enter a solar wind stream flowing from a coronal hole on the sun. A similar encounter with solar wind on July 11th and 12th sparked Northern Lights across Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota and much of Canada. MARS & THE MOON: Before...
July 16th 03 01:29 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 207
glossary question by Fabrice MENARD
hello all, 1 - could someone explain me the difference between Hot Time to fix and Warm time to fix when positionning with a GPS receiver? 2 - does someone know th SV abrev. ? What does that mean? (Satellite in view?)
July 16th 03 01:10 PM
by John Morriss Go to last post
8 232
New generation satellite world map by Martin Reitz
Michal Tina wrote: snip screen shot: http://www.motherplanet.com/images/screen.jpg snip Since 1990 eastern- and western- germany are reunited.
July 16th 03 12:38 PM
by Martin Reitz Go to last post
0 275
Mapsource 5 with European City Select 4.01 Can't find London by Mike
This find feature is still as buggy as hell. It can't find points of interest or streets in London, it doesn't seem to think that this major European capital city actually exists.
July 16th 03 09:13 AM
by GPS4less Go to last post
3 224
Simple iPAQ / GPS 12 software? by Terry Pinnell
As per my separate thread, I hope shortly to get a cable that will connect my iPAQ 2215 Pocket PC with my Garmin GPS 12. I'm now looking for simple, preferaby free or shareware software, easy to install, that will let me store trackpoints to the 2215 for later upload to my PC as text files (for processing with my existing software, GPS Utility). Any recommendations would be much appreciated...
July 16th 03 08:37 AM
by Terry Pinnell Go to last post
4 267
Antartica by Rob Hodnet
Hello All, Over the next serveral months I will be doing some work aboard the research vessel Nethaniel B Palmer in the Ross Sea (Antatica) and would like a software package that will take a gps input and produce a living map of where we are. We'll have access to gps outputs (SeaPath, P-Code, Tremblesp) and either linux/solaris or windows. Any suggestions? Cheers, Rob
July 16th 03 07:21 AM
by Debbie Preen Go to last post
3 295
Louisiana Falling Into Gulf at Alarming Rate by C. Alan Peyton
"JOE" wrote in message ... Needed: Life Preserver For Southern Louisiana Coastal Area Falling Into Gulf at Alarming Rate By Lee Hockstader Washington Post Staff Writer Sunday, July 13, 2003; Page A1 DULAC, La. -- Donald Bourg is not an old man, but he has borne witness
July 16th 03 04:37 AM
by pete Go to last post
2 306
Let's Roll! by Sam Wormley
Sam Wormley wrote: Ref: http://www.ion.org/newsletter/v12n4.html http://www.ion.org/newsletter/v12n4-8.jpg Delta II Launch Let's Roll! The Feb. 3 launch of a a Delta II rocket with a GPS satellite aboard
July 16th 03 01:28 AM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
4 245
eMap and Autoscrolling by David Webb
Hi, I'm using an eMap with City Navigator - is there anyway of having the map automatically scroll when you are driving? Currently when I drive, I'm driving 'off the edge of the map' unless I use the rocker key to move to the next map. Just wondering if there is any way to stay centred to the map. What is the standard zoom that most people use when driving? Regards,
July 16th 03 12:28 AM
by Phil Wheeler Go to last post
2 234
Problems with differential correction in Pathfinder Office by Bob W.
We are volunteers helping our town with some GPS/GIS mapping projects. Until recently we had no problems using Pathfinder Office (Ver 2.90) to diff. correct our data with the local CORS stations. Yesterday we started getting RINEX errors and the files would not be corrected. Reading Trimble's Support Notes were no help other than telling us that "version 2.90 of P.O. supports the use of RINEX...
July 15th 03 10:18 PM
by Tom Go to last post
6 963
MapSource - Find address bug by Jacek Pachocki
Hallo! I have noticed a strange behavior of the "Find Places" function in the MapSource 5.0 (and also in previous releases). I have informed Garmin about it some time ago but a) they cannot / will not eliminate it (yet) b) it only happens to me. With Garmin Europe Metro Guide 4.0 installed go to "Find Places", "Address" choose house number, no matter what, let's say "20" choose street name, ...
July 15th 03 09:14 PM
by Jacek Pachocki Go to last post
2 331
GPS V & iPaq by William
Hi, Any id how to connect my GPS V to my Compaq iPaq 3870 not to expencive please and if possible somewhere in Belgium ?? Links also welcome Thanks
July 15th 03 08:48 PM
by Darren Griffin Go to last post
1 285
Garmin Permanent Mount by Dewey
What is the easiest way to remove a GPS V automotive mount that has been secured to a dashboard using the "permanent adhesive disk"? I seem to remember seeing something sometime ago about using something like nail polish remover, but I'm having a senior moment, and can't remember. Thanks to all, Dewey
July 15th 03 08:43 PM
by RADIOTWO Go to last post
2 340
GPS accuracy question by Mark
I got a Garmin V a few days ago. When it says "GPS Accuracy - 49 ft" does that mean within 49 feet from where I'm standing, or does that mean a 49 square-foot area? One guy told me square feet, but I can't find that in any of the GPS faqs. Thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 15th 03 07:49 PM
by Dave Martindale Go to last post
21 651
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2003067 by Sam Wormley
Ref: http://WWW.SCHRIEVER.AF.MIL/GPS/Current/current.nnu? http://WWW.SCHRIEVER.AF.MIL/GPS/Current/current.oa1? http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/gps/geninfo/NANUabbr.htm NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2003067 SUBJ: SVN26 (PRN26) FORECAST OUTAGE SUMMARY JDAY 196/0432 - JDAY 196/1511 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTSUMM NANU NUMBER: 2003067 NANU DTG: 151513Z JUL 2003 ...
July 15th 03 05:33 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 214
SBAS and NMEA DGPS station ID by Dale DePriest
Carsten Kurz wrote: Current SBAS enabled receivers do not show any station ID with the NMEA DGPS indication when they receive SBAS signals. Since WAAS PRNs have three chars (as opposed to 2 for navigation PRNS) wouldn't it be useful for those receivers to output the SBAS PRN as their station ID? Seems logical to me. - Carsten
July 15th 03 05:13 PM
by Dale DePriest Go to last post
0 293
Garmin GPSMap 76S barometer sensor location by Dave Martindale
(Jeet Sukumaran) writes: Does anyone know where the barometer sensor port (or hole or opening whatever) is located on this Garmin GPSMap 76S? The sensor itself is probably some random place on the circuit board. The inside of the case will be vented to the outside world by a small hole somewhere, and that's what you need to worry about. On most Garmins, this opening...
July 15th 03 04:46 PM
by Jeet Sukumaran Go to last post
5 347
Let's Roll! by Sam Wormley
Sam Wormley wrote: Ref: http://www.ion.org/newsletter/v12n4.html http://www.ion.org/newsletter/v12n4-8.jpg Delta II Launch Let's Roll! The Feb. 3 launch of a a Delta II rocket with a GPS satellite aboard
July 15th 03 04:32 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 270
Let's Roll! by Ghost
In article , wrote: Sam Wormley wrote: See: http://www.ion.org/newsletter/v12n4.html http://www.ion.org/newsletter/v12n4-8.jpgDelta II Launch Better Image: http://www.af.mil/photos/art_themes_usaf_0007.html This is the only justifiable application for this phrase, in tribute.
July 15th 03 01:48 PM
by Ghost Go to last post

From The