Garmin GPSMap 76S barometer sensor location by Dave Martindale
(Jeet Sukumaran) writes: Does anyone know where the barometer sensor port (or hole or opening whatever) is located on this Garmin GPSMap 76S? The sensor itself is probably some random place on the circuit board. The inside of the case will be vented to the outside world by a small hole somewhere, and that's what you need to worry about. On most Garmins, this opening...
July 15th 03 03:46 PM
by Jeet Sukumaran Go to last post
5 371
Let's Roll! by Sam Wormley
Sam Wormley wrote: Ref: http://www.ion.org/newsletter/v12n4.html http://www.ion.org/newsletter/v12n4-8.jpg Delta II Launch Let's Roll! The Feb. 3 launch of a a Delta II rocket with a GPS satellite aboard
July 15th 03 03:32 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 280
Let's Roll! by Ghost
In article , wrote: Sam Wormley wrote: See: http://www.ion.org/newsletter/v12n4.html http://www.ion.org/newsletter/v12n4-8.jpgDelta II Launch Better Image: http://www.af.mil/photos/art_themes_usaf_0007.html This is the only justifiable application for this phrase, in tribute.
July 15th 03 12:48 PM
by Ghost Go to last post
0 276
Microsoft S&T / Autoroute import by Andrew Kalinowski
Are there any, other than GPSU, programs or utilities that can import routes from MS Streets & Trips files / Autoroute? I know that GPSU can do that but I'm not a registered user of it. Yes, I know that GPSU trial version can do that (10 points at a time) BUT the licence states that "I may use this version of the software for an unlimited time for evaluation only and I understand that any other...
July 15th 03 12:40 PM
by Andrew Kalinowski Go to last post
0 239
Garmin and NMEA questions :-) by rgb
Hi ! I didn't found information about that, so, I wish someones can give me some hints here :-) Do you know what NMEA sentences a Garmin III+ can recognize, I mean by that can I send $GPWPL or $GPRTE to my gps and create new waypoints and routes ? I tried but it seems not to work ...
July 15th 03 10:17 AM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
3 300
garmin gpsIIIplus + garmin gbr23 by Paolo BRUNI
Connettendo in Italia un GARMIN GPS III PLUS ad un GARMIN GBR23 si aumenta la precisione del rilievo o in assenza di fari non vi nessun miglioramento?
July 15th 03 08:39 AM
by Paolo BRUNI Go to last post
0 307
GPS Receiver Reviews, GPS Technical Info, Software reviews, PDA GPSHERE by Joe Mehaffey
Many new (and not so new) GPS owners have basic (and not so basic) questions about the operation and performance of their GPS equipment. Most of the initial questions and answers you may have are available for you at: Jack and Joe's GPS Information website http://gpsinformation.net The site has a hundred or more topics and articles on many facets of GPS usage. These include such...
July 15th 03 07:54 AM
by yup Go to last post
1 423
MapSource/MetropGuide route creation help by Retired Coal Miner
A simple question for people knowledgable with Garmin MapSource (just upgraded from ver 4.x to 5.0) and US MetroGuide 5.0, to a new user of same: I live in an urban area several miles from the intersection of two US Interstate Highways, so there are several different entrance/exit ramps from which to choose. And I have my 'favorite' ways (routes) to get to these entrance ramps, -- a...
July 15th 03 07:01 AM
by Jan B Go to last post
2 317
Magellan versus Garmin by Mark Cavendish
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 01:03:49 +0200, jup wrote: Can't comment on SportTrack, but with GPS 315 (actually, the only GPS I ever used) I never needed two hands to opearate it. It can be actually pretty easilly operated by thumb of either left ot right hand, which one feels more comfortable at the moment. It has similar design to SportTrack with buttons under the screen,...
July 15th 03 06:31 AM
by Mark Cavendish Go to last post
0 268
Laptop and Marine navigation by Glendon
"Gregg Hales" wrote in message ... Hi, chasing information, advice and suggestions. (...be nice) At first I thought you were just a troll....then having looked up your website, decided otherwise. Your questions are so broad that they can't be addressed in simple terms.
July 15th 03 06:15 AM
by Glendon Go to last post
0 328
Garmin 12 firmware 4.00 upgrade by Phil Schuman
I have a Garmin 12 with 4.00 firmware. I noticed that the current version is 4.58, and is available for download - I just picked up a PC data cable on eBay, and plan on doing the upgrade from 4.00 - Any gotchas or other comments ? Just thought I would ask before I do it - Phil -
July 15th 03 12:34 AM
by XBXx Go to last post
1 338
Satellites in orbit... by Me too.
Go to this link for a pretty interesting animation of the many satellites in orbit: http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap030714.html We sure have trashed the place!
July 14th 03 11:22 PM
by Dave Widgery Go to last post
2 334
Carrying a Garmin 12 - creative suggestions needed! by Chris
How can a Garmin 12 be carried if you just want to go for a walk wearing a T-shirt and not wearing a rucksack? I know you can carry it in your hand - but that's a bit of a nuisance. A pocket isn't much good either. I thought of fixing it, in some yet to be determined way, to a hat. But it weighs nine ounces - and would look really silly! So what do you reckon - both sensible and silly...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 14th 03 10:25 PM
by Jim Hutton Go to last post
10 623
Ramblings about GPS and relativity... by Sam Wormley
Ramblings about GPS and relativity... Ref: Hartle, "Gravity: An Introduction to Einstein's General Relativity", Addison Wesley (2003) The difference between rates at which signals are emitted and received at two locations with different gravitational potentials is minute in laboratory circumstances. Yet take these differences into account is crucial for the operation of the Global...
July 14th 03 10:14 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 447
WAAS Phasing in -- full operational capability by 2006 by Sam Wormley
Ref: http://reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=scienceNews&storyID=3071940 HERNDON, Va. (Reuters) - The United States on Thursday began phasing in a highly precise $2.5 billion satellite navigation system meant to open up thousands of existing runways to pilots, even in bad weather. Approaches to more than 200 U.S. airports have been mapped for the new "Wide Area Augmentation System,"
July 14th 03 09:49 PM
by Gavin Scott Go to last post
8 456
Discovery Channel Program by Larry Chisum
Saw a Discovery Channel Program last night Tom Brokaw in Yellowstone. In one sequence they were hunting for a newly discovered waterfall, along with an experienced hiker guy who had been there multiple times before. They were using a paper map, and took several wrong turns before finally finding the waterfall by hearing it. There was no GPSR in evidence. Wouldn't a simple marking on a...
July 14th 03 09:05 PM
by Pablo Go to last post
4 401
climbing rate Garmin Vista by Bob
I am in absolute agreement. The Vista has almost everything a cyclist would want except for percent climbing rate. I've e-mailed them a few times about adding this feature (no response). Bob "ronnie" wrote in message ... I have a vista, and i use my vista on bycicle trips. When i climb a mountain, i want to see the climbing rate in...
July 14th 03 08:27 PM
by Bob Go to last post
0 304
Laptop and Marine navigation by Dave Patton
(Gregg Hales) wrote in : Hi, chasing information, advice and suggestions. (...be nice) While not free, I'd suggest looking at OziExplorer, which you can try out for free. There are lots of Aussies on the Ozi users mailing list, so they may have specific Oz-related info, and the list in general is very helpfull
July 14th 03 08:18 PM
by Dave Patton Go to last post
0 355
Is there a way to import XL files to the Garmin Mapsource program by Dwayne
I have a question and I'm not sure who to ask so hopefully you can point me in the right direction. I recently noticed that I can save my waypoints from the Garmin Mapsource software as a .txt file and then convert it to an .xls spread sheet. I was wondering is there a way to convert the information back to a recognizable format to be imported back into the Mapsource program. For instance...
July 14th 03 08:03 PM
by Wayne R. Go to last post
1 397
Mapsource 5.0 Map Download Problem by Robert Vleugels
Mapsource 5 won't download the same mapset* that I've previously downloaded with Mapsource 4.13 on my GPS V (2.20). Apparently something is taking up some extra memory. So, your mapset may no longer fit. Already reported to Garmin, both beta & production versions. * 19.3 MB North American City Select 4.01 (Athens, Canton, Centerville, Columbus, Mansfield, & Kent - all in Ohio)
July 14th 03 08:01 PM
by [email protected]_Lair.com Go to last post

From The