Microsoft S&T / Autoroute import by Andrew Kalinowski
Are there any, other than GPSU, programs or utilities that can import routes from MS Streets & Trips files / Autoroute? I know that GPSU can do that but I'm not a registered user of it. Yes, I know that GPSU trial version can do that (10 points at a time) BUT the licence states that "I may use this version of the software for an unlimited time for evaluation only and I understand that any other...
July 15th 03 01:40 PM
by Andrew Kalinowski Go to last post
0 227
Garmin and NMEA questions :-) by rgb
Hi ! I didn't found information about that, so, I wish someones can give me some hints here :-) Do you know what NMEA sentences a Garmin III+ can recognize, I mean by that can I send $GPWPL or $GPRTE to my gps and create new waypoints and routes ? I tried but it seems not to work ...
July 15th 03 11:17 AM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
3 274
garmin gpsIIIplus + garmin gbr23 by Paolo BRUNI
Connettendo in Italia un GARMIN GPS III PLUS ad un GARMIN GBR23 si aumenta la precisione del rilievo o in assenza di fari non vi è nessun miglioramento?
July 15th 03 09:39 AM
by Paolo BRUNI Go to last post
0 280
GPS Receiver Reviews, GPS Technical Info, Software reviews, PDA GPSHERE by Joe Mehaffey
Many new (and not so new) GPS owners have basic (and not so basic) questions about the operation and performance of their GPS equipment. Most of the initial questions and answers you may have are available for you at: Jack and Joe's GPS Information website http://gpsinformation.net The site has a hundred or more topics and articles on many facets of GPS usage. These include such...
July 15th 03 08:54 AM
by yup Go to last post
1 375
MapSource/MetropGuide route creation help by Retired Coal Miner
A simple question for people knowledgable with Garmin MapSource (just upgraded from ver 4.x to 5.0) and US MetroGuide 5.0, to a new user of same: I live in an urban area several miles from the intersection of two US Interstate Highways, so there are several different entrance/exit ramps from which to choose. And I have my 'favorite' ways (routes) to get to these entrance ramps, -- a...
July 15th 03 08:01 AM
by Jan B Go to last post
2 298
Magellan versus Garmin by Mark Cavendish
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 01:03:49 +0200, jup wrote: Can't comment on SportTrack, but with GPS 315 (actually, the only GPS I ever used) I never needed two hands to opearate it. It can be actually pretty easilly operated by thumb of either left ot right hand, which one feels more comfortable at the moment. It has similar design to SportTrack with buttons under the screen,...
July 15th 03 07:31 AM
by Mark Cavendish Go to last post
0 246
Laptop and Marine navigation by Glendon
"Gregg Hales" wrote in message ... Hi, chasing information, advice and suggestions. (...be nice) At first I thought you were just a troll....then having looked up your website, decided otherwise. Your questions are so broad that they can't be addressed in simple terms.
July 15th 03 07:15 AM
by Glendon Go to last post
0 315
Garmin 12 firmware 4.00 upgrade by Phil Schuman
I have a Garmin 12 with 4.00 firmware. I noticed that the current version is 4.58, and is available for download - I just picked up a PC data cable on eBay, and plan on doing the upgrade from 4.00 - Any gotchas or other comments ? Just thought I would ask before I do it - Phil -
July 15th 03 01:34 AM
by XBXx Go to last post
1 313
Satellites in orbit... by Me too.
Go to this link for a pretty interesting animation of the many satellites in orbit: http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap030714.html We sure have trashed the place!
July 15th 03 12:22 AM
by Dave Widgery Go to last post
2 296
Carrying a Garmin 12 - creative suggestions needed! by Chris
How can a Garmin 12 be carried if you just want to go for a walk wearing a T-shirt and not wearing a rucksack? I know you can carry it in your hand - but that's a bit of a nuisance. A pocket isn't much good either. I thought of fixing it, in some yet to be determined way, to a hat. But it weighs nine ounces - and would look really silly! So what do you reckon - both sensible and silly...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 14th 03 11:25 PM
by Jim Hutton Go to last post
10 583
Ramblings about GPS and relativity... by Sam Wormley
Ramblings about GPS and relativity... Ref: Hartle, "Gravity: An Introduction to Einstein's General Relativity", Addison Wesley (2003) The difference between rates at which signals are emitted and received at two locations with different gravitational potentials is minute in laboratory circumstances. Yet take these differences into account is crucial for the operation of the Global...
July 14th 03 11:14 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 428
WAAS Phasing in -- full operational capability by 2006 by Sam Wormley
Ref: http://reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=scienceNews&storyID=3071940 HERNDON, Va. (Reuters) - The United States on Thursday began phasing in a highly precise $2.5 billion satellite navigation system meant to open up thousands of existing runways to pilots, even in bad weather. Approaches to more than 200 U.S. airports have been mapped for the new "Wide Area Augmentation System,"
July 14th 03 10:49 PM
by Gavin Scott Go to last post
8 415
Discovery Channel Program by Larry Chisum
Saw a Discovery Channel Program last night Tom Brokaw in Yellowstone. In one sequence they were hunting for a newly discovered waterfall, along with an experienced hiker guy who had been there multiple times before. They were using a paper map, and took several wrong turns before finally finding the waterfall by hearing it. There was no GPSR in evidence. Wouldn't a simple marking on a...
July 14th 03 10:05 PM
by Pablo Go to last post
4 346
climbing rate Garmin Vista by Bob
I am in absolute agreement. The Vista has almost everything a cyclist would want except for percent climbing rate. I've e-mailed them a few times about adding this feature (no response). Bob "ronnie" wrote in message ... I have a vista, and i use my vista on bycicle trips. When i climb a mountain, i want to see the climbing rate in...
July 14th 03 09:27 PM
by Bob Go to last post
0 284
Laptop and Marine navigation by Dave Patton
(Gregg Hales) wrote in : Hi, chasing information, advice and suggestions. (...be nice) While not free, I'd suggest looking at OziExplorer, which you can try out for free. There are lots of Aussies on the Ozi users mailing list, so they may have specific Oz-related info, and the list in general is very helpfull
July 14th 03 09:18 PM
by Dave Patton Go to last post
0 330
Is there a way to import XL files to the Garmin Mapsource program by Dwayne
I have a question and I'm not sure who to ask so hopefully you can point me in the right direction. I recently noticed that I can save my waypoints from the Garmin Mapsource software as a .txt file and then convert it to an .xls spread sheet. I was wondering is there a way to convert the information back to a recognizable format to be imported back into the Mapsource program. For instance...
July 14th 03 09:03 PM
by Wayne R. Go to last post
1 383
Mapsource 5.0 Map Download Problem by Robert Vleugels
Mapsource 5 won't download the same mapset* that I've previously downloaded with Mapsource 4.13 on my GPS V (2.20). Apparently something is taking up some extra memory. So, your mapset may no longer fit. Already reported to Garmin, both beta & production versions. * 19.3 MB North American City Select 4.01 (Athens, Canton, Centerville, Columbus, Mansfield, & Kent - all in Ohio)
July 14th 03 09:01 PM
by [email protected]_Lair.com Go to last post
1 302
GPilotS und TTQV by Thomas Schäfer
Hallo, mein Palm ist über USB angeschlossen. TTQV bietet als Schnittstelle nur COM an. Welche Einstellung muß ich wählen um meine tracks vom Palm auf den PC zu bekommen? Gruß Thomas
July 14th 03 08:17 PM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
1 292
Onstar - "The Great Fraud" by Ponderosa Sports
Do you have a vehicle with Onstar? Vehicle stolen? Lost? Air bags deploy? Get stuck? Break down? Get hurt? Flat tire? Heart attack? YOU ARE PROBABLY SCREWED UNLESS IT OCCURS IN TOWN UNDER AN ANALOG CELL PHONE TOWER! After buying a new Hummer H2, I find out that Onstar can not even tell me where it is! I was told by the operator on a land line that they use analog cell phones for...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 14th 03 06:52 PM
by Howard Go to last post
15 742
GPS Receiver on Window? by Earl Barfield
"Howard McCollister" writes: The GPS unit can be anywhere, as long as the antenna has a clear, unobstructed view of the sky. The unit wouldn't work under the hood, for example, unless you had an external antenna routed to the outside. It wouldn't work under the bonnet because the metal would block the signal. If you're trying to keep the antenna hidden, try mounting it...
July 14th 03 06:39 PM
by Earl Barfield Go to last post

From The