Good GPS for Mountain Biking by Marco Budde
Hi! I am planing to buy my first GPS receiver the next weeks. I will use it most times for trips with my mountain bike. After browsing through some catalogs of outdoor shops it think the Garmin eTrex Legend or the eTrex Vista could be good receivers for my purposes. Some question:
July 14th 03 06:28 PM
by tom_bike Go to last post
5 362
calibrating gpsmap 76s barometer by Jeet Sukumaran
I have a Suunto E203 digital altimeter. My normal method of calibrating this is to find the pressure at sea-level for my location (there is an airport nearby that provide up-to-date datum), and enter it in as sea-level pressure. The GPSMap 76S seems to have a function that allows me to calibrate using "current pressure" ... is this pretty much the same thing? Or is it asking the pressure at my...
July 14th 03 06:26 PM
by Dave Martindale Go to last post
7 403
climbing rate Garmin Vista by Dave Patton
"ronnie" wrote in : I have a vista, and i use my vista on bycicle trips. When i climb a mountain, i want to see the climbing rate in percentage. Is it possible to see this on the vista, now i can only see m/m and that is not what i want. Don't know if it will help you, but there are some 'track analysis' utilities listed in: 3rd...
July 14th 03 04:39 PM
by Dave Patton Go to last post
0 249
Maritime Provinces - Canada by Andrew Kalinowski
"Nigel" wrote in message ... "Andrew the GPS Nut" wrote in message ... snip Thanks a lot! Film is packed :-)
July 14th 03 03:19 PM
by Andrew Kalinowski Go to last post
0 247
CMPAQ iPAQ 3870 by Burnie M
Yes you can connect the Etrex to an Ipaq CN cannot be installed on the Ipaq. Look at CoPilot or Navman for PocketPC based autorouting software (it isn't cheap) On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 10:22:10 +1000, "AW" wrote:
July 14th 03 03:16 PM
by Simon Holt Go to last post
1 304
expertgps put tracks onto scanned map by Mary
I downloaded expertgps I downloaded my tracks and would like for them to appear on my scanned map. The map was calibrated and I couldn't get the tracks to appear on the map. What do you have to do to get the tracks to appear on the map mary
July 14th 03 01:34 PM
by Bob St. John Go to last post
3 338
MaoSend & Fugawi by Melaniegree64694
Hi I have a Magellellan Meridean GPS, MapSend Europe and Fugawi UK (Area 3). All work OK as they are supposed to but I would like to put the detail of the Fugawi map as a background map using the MapSend software. How can this be done? Mel
July 14th 03 01:18 PM
by Melaniegree64694 Go to last post
0 263
is there something better than Garmin eMap? by Micha³
Hi i'm thinking of buying Garmin e-map for mountaineering. Is there any waterproof version of this gps or is there a better model?
July 14th 03 01:43 AM
by Wayne R. Go to last post
4 351
Hiking with gps?.....How? by Roy Lewallen
I have a Garmin II+ which has a detachable antenna. I tie a stick to the side of my frame pack, and attach the antenna at about head level with rubber bands. The GPS goes into a belt pouch so I can look at it when I want. I use a short (about 4 foot) piece of RG-58 cable between the GPS and antenna -- its attenuation of the the signal is negligible. Roy Lewallen
July 13th 03 11:22 PM
by Roy Lewallen Go to last post
0 252
Warning for Route 66 "2004" - 15 sec GPS update delay imposed. by Dale DePriest
J. J. Lodder wrote: PS Second thought: presuably the primary source for the map is aerial photography by national cartographic agencies. These agencies could in principle impose restrictions to prevent abuse of their data. This seems to be a common misconception. Aerial photographs can provide
July 13th 03 11:01 PM
by J. J. Lodder Go to last post
1 285
Harman/Becker traffic pro by Shane
Has anyone installed a Traffic Pro into a BMW E46 ?
July 13th 03 07:33 PM
by Shane Go to last post
0 304
Audiovox GMRS/GPS by Dale DePriest
wrote: Dale DePriest wrote: This unit is not waterproof: this is the biggest sell for the Garmin unit.
July 13th 03 07:08 PM
by Guardian Go to last post
1 346
Teletype and CF GPS "RANT ON!!!" :( by Guardian
Why did Teletype remove support for CF GPS units other than their own? They WILL NOT reply to any of my emails about this. Versions prior to 032003 worked great with Haicom and Billionton CF GPS units. The funny thing is that all Desktop versions work with any CF GPS. Com ON Teletype you are only hurting your sales by doing this. Hell even
July 13th 03 07:03 PM
by Guardian Go to last post
0 259
Car Satelite Navigation and Pocket PC.. by Tarkin
Crazy Question...but here goes... Can a Pocket PC be connected to a Satelite Navigation System (SNS) on a car to give a better display input and interface ? I am thinking for instance with a SNS on a Toyota Avensys which has a very poor display (LCD) and awful input (dial and single button)..
July 13th 03 04:41 PM
by Tarkin Go to last post
0 278
Garmin 5.0 by Burt
I installed V 5.0 and on the about window it shows 5.0 however on the tool bar i get either "no map" or the other option is North American city Navigator V 4.0. Should this not read 5.0 if so how do I correct it? Thanks
July 13th 03 03:22 PM
by David Levine Go to last post
1 266
Dogs and gps by Gymmie Bob
RHINO "DSuttr" wrote in message ... I have three dogs who tend to run off. Is any system available (llike lojack) that will enable me to find where in the woods they are?
July 13th 03 03:08 PM
by Gymmie Bob Go to last post
0 277
Garmin GPSMap 76S barometer sensor location by Carsten Kurz
Jeet Sukumaran schrieb: I am interested in getting a case for this unit, but am concerned that the air pressure sensing port will be covered up, so would like to I don't think that any case except maybe a water/airtight otter box or similiar is able to block the barometer. - Carsten --
July 13th 03 03:05 PM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
0 303
Pocket PC cable by Terry Pinnell
Anyone here know about Pocket PC cables please? I've just bought my first PPC. It's an iPAQ 2210/2215, but I understand it has an identical bottom connector to other Pocket PCs in any of the 38/39/54/5500 series. I want to connect my 2210 directly to my Garmin GPS 12 for data transfer. Commercial solutions are either bulky (with adapters) and/or unduly expensive, and/or involve shipping from...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 13th 03 02:59 PM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
10 513
Teletype and WAAS by Bob H
Does the advanced utility to turn on WAAS on the Teletype hardware enable WAAS only when using the Teletype software? I use my Teletype CF card GPS with other applications but would sure like the added precision. Bob
July 13th 03 02:57 PM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
1 299
Memory card limitation for (old) Garmin Street Pilot... by Dan Condon
Hello All: I can't find it in any of the manuals or FAQ's- is there a limit to the size of memory card I can put in the Street Pilot or in the Street Pilot (CM)? Presently running with a 16 MB card but would like to move up to a 64 MB card. Does anyone know of such a limitation? I know about the limits on route size, waypoints, etc., but would like to carry more mapsource info. Thanks for any...
July 13th 03 07:31 AM
by Robert Elsinga =8-) Go to last post

From The