Pocket PC cable by Terry Pinnell
Anyone here know about Pocket PC cables please? I've just bought my first PPC. It's an iPAQ 2210/2215, but I understand it has an identical bottom connector to other Pocket PCs in any of the 38/39/54/5500 series. I want to connect my 2210 directly to my Garmin GPS 12 for data transfer. Commercial solutions are either bulky (with adapters) and/or unduly expensive, and/or involve shipping from...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 13th 03 01:59 PM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
10 573
Teletype and WAAS by Bob H
Does the advanced utility to turn on WAAS on the Teletype hardware enable WAAS only when using the Teletype software? I use my Teletype CF card GPS with other applications but would sure like the added precision. Bob
July 13th 03 01:57 PM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
1 330
Memory card limitation for (old) Garmin Street Pilot... by Dan Condon
Hello All: I can't find it in any of the manuals or FAQ's- is there a limit to the size of memory card I can put in the Street Pilot or in the Street Pilot (CM)? Presently running with a 16 MB card but would like to move up to a 64 MB card. Does anyone know of such a limitation? I know about the limits on route size, waypoints, etc., but would like to carry more mapsource info. Thanks for any...
July 13th 03 06:31 AM
by Robert Elsinga =8-) Go to last post
2 331
Newbe Question by Vaden95
I've used a 12V inverter (and a 24V inverter on a small plane) quite a bit in testing I've done, not just to run a laptop, but various RF test equipment like spectrum analyzers. I never had any problem. But once I tried using a portable generator to run test equipment, and nothing worked. I think the ignition noise got into everything to spoil the low level measurements I was doing. I never...
July 13th 03 06:06 AM
by Phil Go to last post
1 297
Magellan MAP 410 by Active8
Hi: i have a Magellan MAP 10 which is discontinued. The PC data / power cable is only used with one other unit which is also discontinued. can anyone supply the info needed to roll my own cable? thanks in advance. mike c
July 13th 03 03:33 AM
by Active8 Go to last post
0 245
Longish article on GPS applications by Ken Ashe
I haven't read the whole thing yet, but it seems to be less silly than the general run of articles. http://pf.fastcompany.com/magazine/72/gps.html
July 13th 03 01:53 AM
by Ken Ashe Go to last post
0 247
Old NAD 1927 Waypoints with Garmin Topo US (WGS 84) by Heynony
I have a very large collection of backpacking/bushwhacking waypoints from years of working with USGS 7.5 topos as my base. Springs and other water sources, open flat spots for camping in otherwise inhospitable terrain, etc, irreplacable stuff. All my desktop computer software used those USGS topos, properly calibrated, as the backgound, with NAD 1927 selected in the program setups. And I...
July 12th 03 11:52 PM
by Dave Martindale Go to last post
2 308
Sabamap - Canada topo maps by Dave Null Sr.
On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 20:15:01 GMT, Ted Edwards wrote in : A. Szelerski wrote: SaBaMap - calibrated maps of Canada - 6000 maps that cover Canada from US Border to 60-north parallel of latitude. The maps based on Toporamaź topographic maps. I have two complaints with your add:
July 12th 03 11:36 PM
by Dave Patton Go to last post
1 274
Delorme Earthmate GPS accuracy tested, my humble results... by Paul Hirose
ron wrote: http://sopac.ucsd.edu/cgi-bin/dbShowArraySitesMap.cgi?site=fvpk&array=SCIGN I used the Lat/Lon showed there. The elevation should be about 72ft, but I cannot figure it out from the website. Could somebody look at that website and tell me which is the more appropriate lat/lon? FVPK 33.66232108 -117.9356984
July 12th 03 10:38 PM
by Paul Hirose Go to last post
6 382
i'm loking for a gps receiver by Michał
Hi I'm thinking of buying GPS receiver but i don't know what to buy. I worked on Garmin GPS12. I need something to use in remote regions. I liked GPS12 because it catched the sattelites even when i was in the middle of a dense forrest. I'd like to have a possibility to save points and then use it for mapping (scale 1:0000 1:5000 - for scientific purposes). Maybe there is a gps which has mapping...
July 12th 03 10:07 PM
by Dave Martindale Go to last post
2 267
Emap in Victoria, BC by Dave Martindale
Gary Jacek writes: Dave--If you want a Garmin dashboard mount for your eMap, just tell me how to get it to you. If you have relatives/friends in Victoria, I can drop it off for you. Replies in group please. (bogus email address to avoid spam) Yes, I'd like that. Just send me email (the Sender address is real) and we can arrange something.
July 12th 03 10:00 PM
by Dave Martindale Go to last post
0 286
Mapsource time zones? by Paul W Hancock
Anyone know if it is possible to set some type of alert when using SPIII to be notified when you are crossing over into a new time zone. I do the return trip from North Dakota to Port Huron Michigan each summer and I always get screwed up crossing from CST to EST in northern Mich. I'd like to be able to set an alarm or something when I cross into EST. I can't see any time zone boundaries in...
July 12th 03 08:11 PM
by Craig Davidson Go to last post
1 302
GPS causes Comm Port Confusion by Rich Carlson, N9JIG
When I have my Garmin GPS3 powered up and plugged into a comm port of my computer(s) during boot-up the computer gets flaky. The cursor bounces all over the place and windows open and close at random. As soon as I unplug the GPS everything goes back to normal. I have had this happen on 3 different laptops, on regular DB9 com ports, 2 different USB to serial adaptors as well as 2 different...
July 12th 03 05:55 PM
by Rich Carlson, N9JIG Go to last post
2 338
Inside info on IQUE 3600? by Rich
Anyone have any leads on a more exact release date? The wealth of misinformation is certainly discouraging.
July 12th 03 03:26 PM
by Rich Go to last post
0 268
spIII lat/lon by Burt
Is there a way to enter a way point directly in SPIII by using Lat and Lon numbers? Thanks
July 12th 03 02:31 PM
by Henry Go to last post
1 318
Mag SporTrak vs Garm 201 by Kf6vyh
The Geko's antenna is not large enough, The Sport track will maintain a lock much better. The Geck Screen is not "Back Lighted" the sport track is. With the Magellan you have the option to use AA Lithuim bateries, with the Geko you will not have a Lithium battery option. Even though you do not need a map option if you want the use the Sport track or the Geko will any type of GPS software you...
July 12th 03 02:19 PM
by Kf6vyh Go to last post
0 316
Summit, Legend, Vista and StreetPilot III prices reduced by Darrel Goheen
The prices have been reduced on the eTrex Summit, Legend, Vista and StreetPilot III. Our price on the Summit is $190.00 and the StreetPilot III is now $700.00. -- Darrel Goheen http://www.tvnav.com
July 12th 03 12:01 PM
by Gary S. Go to last post
5 405
Warning for Route 66 "2004" - 15 sec GPS update delay imposed. by Keith
Commercial! You get what you pay for ;-) They use NavTech right? Of course commercial. In this way it is not possible to use it in a car on a laptop, which is much cheaper then buying a dedicated navigation system. It wouldn't suprise me if the same thing is going to happen to MS Autoroute/Streets&Trips.... Honestly, using a laptop for in car guidance is not a very convenient (or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 12th 03 10:33 AM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
10 488
Terraserver URL change by Dave Patton
FYI: It seems Terraserver has changed their website, using "aspx" pages instead of "asp" pages, so you may need to update bookmarks and/or applications to access the Terraserver aerial photo or topo map images. -- Dave Patton Canadian Coordinator, the Degree Confluence Project http://www.confluence.org dpatton at confluence dot org
July 12th 03 05:48 AM
by Dave Patton Go to last post
1 354
Looking for 1:30,750 Map Overlay or Waypointer?? by truebador
Anyone know where i can get a UTM waypointer in a 1:30,750 scale?? REI prints maps from TOPO in this scale with gridlines and its an awfully odd scale to find a waypointer for.
July 12th 03 03:54 AM
by truebador Go to last post

From The