Newbe Question by Vaden95
I've used a 12V inverter (and a 24V inverter on a small plane) quite a bit in testing I've done, not just to run a laptop, but various RF test equipment like spectrum analyzers. I never had any problem. But once I tried using a portable generator to run test equipment, and nothing worked. I think the ignition noise got into everything to spoil the low level measurements I was doing. I never...
July 13th 03 07:06 AM
by Phil Go to last post
1 284
Magellan MAP 410 by Active8
Hi: i have a Magellan MAP 10 which is discontinued. The PC data / power cable is only used with one other unit which is also discontinued. can anyone supply the info needed to roll my own cable? thanks in advance. mike c
July 13th 03 04:33 AM
by Active8 Go to last post
0 226
Longish article on GPS applications by Ken Ashe
I haven't read the whole thing yet, but it seems to be less silly than the general run of articles. http://pf.fastcompany.com/magazine/72/gps.html
July 13th 03 02:53 AM
by Ken Ashe Go to last post
0 235
Old NAD 1927 Waypoints with Garmin Topo US (WGS 84) by Heynony
I have a very large collection of backpacking/bushwhacking waypoints from years of working with USGS 7.5 topos as my base. Springs and other water sources, open flat spots for camping in otherwise inhospitable terrain, etc, irreplacable stuff. All my desktop computer software used those USGS topos, properly calibrated, as the backgound, with NAD 1927 selected in the program setups. And I...
July 13th 03 12:52 AM
by Dave Martindale Go to last post
2 285
Sabamap - Canada topo maps by Dave Null Sr.
On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 20:15:01 GMT, Ted Edwards wrote in : A. Szelerski wrote: SaBaMap - calibrated maps of Canada - 6000 maps that cover Canada from US Border to 60-north parallel of latitude. The maps based on Toporamaź topographic maps. I have two complaints with your add:
July 13th 03 12:36 AM
by Dave Patton Go to last post
1 262
Delorme Earthmate GPS accuracy tested, my humble results... by Paul Hirose
ron wrote: http://sopac.ucsd.edu/cgi-bin/dbShowArraySitesMap.cgi?site=fvpk&array=SCIGN I used the Lat/Lon showed there. The elevation should be about 72ft, but I cannot figure it out from the website. Could somebody look at that website and tell me which is the more appropriate lat/lon? FVPK 33.66232108 -117.9356984
July 12th 03 11:38 PM
by Paul Hirose Go to last post
6 355
i'm loking for a gps receiver by Michał
Hi I'm thinking of buying GPS receiver but i don't know what to buy. I worked on Garmin GPS12. I need something to use in remote regions. I liked GPS12 because it catched the sattelites even when i was in the middle of a dense forrest. I'd like to have a possibility to save points and then use it for mapping (scale 1:0000 1:5000 - for scientific purposes). Maybe there is a gps which has mapping...
July 12th 03 11:07 PM
by Dave Martindale Go to last post
2 242
Emap in Victoria, BC by Dave Martindale
Gary Jacek writes: Dave--If you want a Garmin dashboard mount for your eMap, just tell me how to get it to you. If you have relatives/friends in Victoria, I can drop it off for you. Replies in group please. (bogus email address to avoid spam) Yes, I'd like that. Just send me email (the Sender address is real) and we can arrange something.
July 12th 03 11:00 PM
by Dave Martindale Go to last post
0 273
Mapsource time zones? by Paul W Hancock
Anyone know if it is possible to set some type of alert when using SPIII to be notified when you are crossing over into a new time zone. I do the return trip from North Dakota to Port Huron Michigan each summer and I always get screwed up crossing from CST to EST in northern Mich. I'd like to be able to set an alarm or something when I cross into EST. I can't see any time zone boundaries in...
July 12th 03 09:11 PM
by Craig Davidson Go to last post
1 290
GPS causes Comm Port Confusion by Rich Carlson, N9JIG
When I have my Garmin GPS3 powered up and plugged into a comm port of my computer(s) during boot-up the computer gets flaky. The cursor bounces all over the place and windows open and close at random. As soon as I unplug the GPS everything goes back to normal. I have had this happen on 3 different laptops, on regular DB9 com ports, 2 different USB to serial adaptors as well as 2 different...
July 12th 03 06:55 PM
by Rich Carlson, N9JIG Go to last post
2 325
Inside info on IQUE 3600? by Rich
Anyone have any leads on a more exact release date? The wealth of misinformation is certainly discouraging.
July 12th 03 04:26 PM
by Rich Go to last post
0 257
spIII lat/lon by Burt
Is there a way to enter a way point directly in SPIII by using Lat and Lon numbers? Thanks
July 12th 03 03:31 PM
by Henry Go to last post
1 292
Mag SporTrak vs Garm 201 by Kf6vyh
The Geko's antenna is not large enough, The Sport track will maintain a lock much better. The Geck Screen is not "Back Lighted" the sport track is. With the Magellan you have the option to use AA Lithuim bateries, with the Geko you will not have a Lithium battery option. Even though you do not need a map option if you want the use the Sport track or the Geko will any type of GPS software you...
July 12th 03 03:19 PM
by Kf6vyh Go to last post
0 296
Summit, Legend, Vista and StreetPilot III prices reduced by Darrel Goheen
The prices have been reduced on the eTrex Summit, Legend, Vista and StreetPilot III. Our price on the Summit is $190.00 and the StreetPilot III is now $700.00. -- Darrel Goheen http://www.tvnav.com
July 12th 03 01:01 PM
by Gary S. Go to last post
5 364
Warning for Route 66 "2004" - 15 sec GPS update delay imposed. by Keith
Commercial! You get what you pay for ;-) They use NavTech right? Of course commercial. In this way it is not possible to use it in a car on a laptop, which is much cheaper then buying a dedicated navigation system. It wouldn't suprise me if the same thing is going to happen to MS Autoroute/Streets&Trips.... Honestly, using a laptop for in car guidance is not a very convenient (or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 12th 03 11:33 AM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
10 464
Terraserver URL change by Dave Patton
FYI: It seems Terraserver has changed their website, using "aspx" pages instead of "asp" pages, so you may need to update bookmarks and/or applications to access the Terraserver aerial photo or topo map images. -- Dave Patton Canadian Coordinator, the Degree Confluence Project http://www.confluence.org dpatton at confluence dot org
July 12th 03 06:48 AM
by Dave Patton Go to last post
1 325
Looking for 1:30,750 Map Overlay or Waypointer?? by truebador
Anyone know where i can get a UTM waypointer in a 1:30,750 scale?? REI prints maps from TOPO in this scale with gridlines and its an awfully odd scale to find a waypointer for.
July 12th 03 04:54 AM
by truebador Go to last post
5 365
GLONASS Constellation Status ( July 11, 2003) by Sam Wormley
1.STATUS Information Group GLONASS Constellation Status ( July 11, 2003) GLONASS Cosmos Plane/ Frequ. Launch Intro Status Outage number number slot chann. date date date 789 2381 1/03 12 01.12.2001 04.01.2002 operating 711 2382 1/05 02 01.12.2001 15.04.2003 ...
July 12th 03 01:49 AM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 255
Current GPS Satellite Data -- Revised: July 11, 2003 by Sam Wormley
Ref: http://164.214.2.59/GandG/sathtml/satinfo.html http://164.214.2.59/GandG/sathtml/gpsdoc2002.01.txt U N C L A S S I F I E D A B C D E F +-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+ 1 | 09/39 | 16/56 | 06/36 | 24/24 | 20/51 | 14/41 | 56 IIR-8 Launced: 29 Jan. 2003 +-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+ ...
July 12th 03 01:47 AM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 304
Looking for fast-update GPS engine by Rick
I'd like to find a GPS engine that reports position several times per second. It doesn't have to use NMEA protocol. Any references would be appreciated. Thanks for reading. -Rick
July 12th 03 12:32 AM
by Tramm Hudson Go to last post

From The