GLONASS Constellation Status ( July 11, 2003) by Sam Wormley
1.STATUS Information Group GLONASS Constellation Status ( July 11, 2003) GLONASS Cosmos Plane/ Frequ. Launch Intro Status Outage number number slot chann. date date date 789 2381 1/03 12 01.12.2001 04.01.2002 operating 711 2382 1/05 02 01.12.2001 15.04.2003 ...
July 12th 03 12:49 AM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 267
Current GPS Satellite Data -- Revised: July 11, 2003 by Sam Wormley
Ref: http://164.214.2.59/GandG/sathtml/satinfo.html http://164.214.2.59/GandG/sathtml/gpsdoc2002.01.txt U N C L A S S I F I E D A B C D E F +-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+ 1 | 09/39 | 16/56 | 06/36 | 24/24 | 20/51 | 14/41 | 56 IIR-8 Launced: 29 Jan. 2003 +-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+ ...
July 12th 03 12:47 AM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 328
Looking for fast-update GPS engine by Rick
I'd like to find a GPS engine that reports position several times per second. It doesn't have to use NMEA protocol. Any references would be appreciated. Thanks for reading. -Rick
July 11th 03 11:32 PM
by Tramm Hudson Go to last post
3 392
Magellan 315 by Patrick Newman
"Michel Langlois" wrote in message ... Hi I'd like to connect my Magellan GPS 315 to my PC Where can I find the cable and software Thank's for answering me by e-mail to
July 11th 03 09:40 PM
by Patrick Newman Go to last post
0 332
Rino 120 and WAAS by Dale DePriest
Please read my article on WAAS and other DGPS techniques on my web site. It explains why WAAS can be received in some areas but will not produce good results. Basically if the area does not have ground station correction data it will not produce good results. Dale Greg Brezinski wrote: a.. Improved WAAS/EGNOS satellite selection algorithm to select the
July 11th 03 09:25 PM
by Dale DePriest Go to last post
4 319
BlueChart and GPSMAP 76 by Rick Morel
On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 12:23:41 -0700, "Pablo" wrote: I'm noticing that the BlueChart maps for puget sound are not available in the CD-ROM model. I've sent a message to Garming asking them about this, but I thought I'd also try here in the meantime. Is this true? Am I missing something? Are all us folks who own GPSMAPs which don't have datacards just SOL if we...
July 11th 03 08:50 PM
by Chuck Tribolet Go to last post
1 362
WAAS Type 0 test message was just switched off by Sam Wormley
The WAAS Type 0 test message was just switched off (midnight EDT). Now only Type 2 Fast Correction messages will be broadcast.
July 11th 03 08:39 PM
by Tom Go to last post
2 478
Magellan 315 by Jeff Wilson
If you do a google search of the newsgroup, you will find several article of how to turn the cable of an old mouse into a data cable. It took me about an hour to do a semi-pro looking job. Michel Langlois wrote: Hi
July 11th 03 06:43 PM
by Jeff Wilson Go to last post
0 335
New Garmin forum by Garmin User
http://217.8.157.240/index.php
July 11th 03 06:28 PM
by derob Go to last post
7 1,084
What software is available? by Dave Patton
Chris [email protected] wrote in news:[email protected]: Just got a Garmin 12. What software is available (preferably free!) and - what does it do? At a minimum, you should get G7ToWin, which is free. For more about it, and some other software I use: http://members.shaw.ca/davepatton/software.html Of course you'll need a cable to connect the GPS to your PC/laptop/PDA.
July 11th 03 04:19 PM
by Dave Patton Go to last post
0 338
help by Dave Patton
"John Troisi" wrote in : Hi All im new to the satellite world I would like to know how I can get more info on free to air channels I live in South Africa is there any free channels that I can receive. Is there any websites with easy to understand info. Any help would be greatly appreciated
July 11th 03 03:56 PM
by Dave Patton Go to last post
0 333
ISART 2004 Call-for-Papers by J. Wayde Allen
INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON ADVANCED RADIO TECHNOLOGIES (ISART 2004) MARCH 2-4, 2004 Boulder, CO CALL FOR PAPERS ===========================
July 11th 03 03:41 PM
by J. Wayde Allen Go to last post
0 297
What software is available? by The moderator
"Chris" [email protected] wrote in message news:[email protected] Just got a Garmin 12. What software is available (preferably free!) and - what does it do? -- Chris The garmin 12 is capable of sending waypoints and routes to a variety of mapping software as well as receiving waypoints and routes from the same software.
July 11th 03 01:46 PM
by The moderator Go to last post
0 283
motorbike and street pilot by ian broadbent
has anyone had a go at feeding the voice output of a streetpilot into a motor bikes in helmet com system.No way would I be able to hear the voice commands.Garmin do advise against feeding its output into anysort of amplifier
July 11th 03 01:25 PM
by ian broadbent Go to last post
7 350
Space Junk & GPS Reliability by Dan R
That's because you keep putting ignorance gas into the tank... "Tarver Engineering" wrote in message ... "Newps" wrote in message ... Lockheed employee wrote:
July 11th 03 11:44 AM
by Jon Parmet Go to last post
6 333
Cycling of GPS altitude errors by Chris Malcolm
What I want to discover is how to get the best estimate of altitude from sitting in one spot doing some kind of averaging. It doesn't seem to be hard to get within a few metres by averaging several random readings, e.g., taken on different days, but the problem of getting under that seems to be long semi-periodic cyclings in GPS altitude readings. I've carried out a few experiments with logging...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 11th 03 08:22 AM
by derob Go to last post
10 535
Trying to locate a Garmin Rino 110/120 PC Cable Part #010-10326-01 before Sunday Cruise by Tim
Hello All I have a problem, Im going on a cruise to Mexico Sunday out of Long Beach. Im trying to find the PC cable for my Rino 110 before I go. Does anybody know where I can get this cable Part #010-10326-01 or the 010-10326-02 with 12volt plug, I dont care. Maybe Frys electronics, there web site doesnt list it. I have already tried Circuit City, Best Buy, Wal-mart, Big 5 here in Modesto.
July 11th 03 05:40 AM
by Tim Go to last post
3 337
MapSource Beta and Regular Version by Scott Nelson
What I ended up doing is runing the updater between Beta 5.0.3 and the Regular version 4.13 Why? I found I had lockup problems using the find nearest and refind functions using World Map. I was trying to lay out a route in Europe. When I quit using those function everything worked fine in the Beta. I did not have the same problems North American city select. Thanks for all your suggestions, Scott
July 11th 03 05:39 AM
by Scott Nelson Go to last post
0 317
Warning for Route 66 "2004" - 15 sec GPS update delay imposed. by Carsten Kurz
Hi Jonas, If this is the case I guess Route 66 2004 will lose a lot of customers starting with me. I'll stick to the older version. Thanks for the tip. Tell them under: - Carsten
July 11th 03 05:36 AM
by Not Available Go to last post
1 323
GPS TRACKMAKER IMPORTING TEXT FILES by Oldbie
Is it possible through some menu selection that I cannot find to do the above with the freeware version of the software, or must one convert his data to the .gtm format by himself first - ugh! Is there any utility that some kind soul has written that changes data amongst the various text mode or other mode files, such as ozi explorer files, gps trackmaker, native download from garmin,...
July 11th 03 04:51 AM
by Mike Go to last post

From The