U.S. Starts System to Make Flying Safer, Faster by Frank Looper
HERNDON, Va. (Reuters) - The United States on Thursday began phasing in a highly precise $2.5 billion satellite navigation system meant to open up thousands of existing runways to pilots, even in bad weather. (more) http://my.aol.com/news/news_story.psp?type=1&cat=0200&id=030710210119206750
July 11th 03 02:48 AM
by Frank Looper Go to last post
0 301
Got a Question about GPS technology? Looking for a GPS FAQ site? by Jack Yeazel
Many new (and not so new) GPS owners have basic (and not so basic) questions about the operation and performance of their GPS equipment. Most of the initial questions and answers you may have are available for you at: Jack and Joe's GPS Information website http://gpsinformation.net The site has a hundred or more topics and articles on many facets of GPS usage. These include such...
July 11th 03 02:41 AM
by Gary S. Go to last post
4 313
Magellan 315 by Michel Langlois
Hi I'd like to connect my Magellan GPS 315 to my PC Where can I find the cable and software Thank's for answering me by e-mail to
July 11th 03 02:39 AM
by Michel Langlois Go to last post
0 341
WAAS Type 0 test message was just switched off by Robertwgross
Carsten wrote: Hmm. Who is going to wake up Mr. Tarver and tell him? John Tarver demands the title of MS, so that is Ms. Tarver to you. ---Bob Gross---
July 11th 03 12:55 AM
by Robertwgross Go to last post
0 304
Garmin discontinues database updates for GPS55, 90, 95 , 95XL and 100 by Brengsek!
Much to my dismy, I discovered that Garmin does not provide new Jeppesen navigation databases for my GPS-90, although this was mentioned nowhere on the Garmin site. I contacted Tech Support, and they answered: 'Updates for the GPS 55 AVD,GPS 90, GPS 95 AVD,GPS 95XL and GPS 100 AVD are no longer available. The memory capacity of these units has been outpaced by the rapid growth of data. There is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 11th 03 12:49 AM
by Dave Martindale Go to last post
11 779
New release OziExplorer 3.95.3 by Thomas B
New versions of - OziExplorer - OziExplorer3D - Img2Ozf - a new utility available on www.oziexplorer.com This is no spam (I'm not affiliated).
July 11th 03 12:45 AM
by Thomas B Go to last post
0 304
Any interest in GPS Mapping Application for Sharp Zaurus? by Gary Radford
Hi Dave I bought a Zaurus a few months ago and have been reseaching some mapping for a friend that has loaned me his Garmin Summit. I am mainly interested in some topo maps for his hunting camp in Ontario and I have discovered that the Canadian maps are about one or two generations less detailed than the US. I was looking at getting some air photo and then try to digitize these and overlay on...
July 11th 03 12:13 AM
by Gary Radford Go to last post
2 319
Nationwide US GPS retailers by Gary S.
On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 15:05:59 -0700, "Bill" wrote: "Bert Hyman" wrote in message ... In "Denmark" wrote: Do you know any nationwide GPS retailers? e.g. Wal-Mart Preferably chains which has stores in most...
July 11th 03 12:10 AM
by Gary S. Go to last post
2 353
Speaker on Street pilot 3 by Kalman Rubinson
On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 22:37:05 -0400, "Andrew the GPS Nut" wrote: "Kalman Rubinson" wrote in message ... On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 17:46:36 -0400, "hfw" wrote: If Garmin suggests 8 ohms, just use the 4 ohms and put a resistor in line
July 10th 03 11:26 PM
by Andrew the GPS Nut Go to last post
1 261
Looking for Advice on a GPS system by Joe Stella
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:08:06 GMT, (C.J. Stull) wrote: My life may depend on this unit, so I am not hung up on cost. Anyone have a suggestion for me? Yes. Buy at least two GPS units, so you will have at least one spare. Get plenty of spare batteries. See if rechargables are an option.
July 10th 03 10:48 PM
by Joe Stella Go to last post
0 314
Hands-on GPS course offered at Western is getting off-campus attention by Sam Wormley
Hands-on GPS course offered at Western Ref: http://www.stjoenews-press.com/Main.asp?SectionID=81&SubSectionID=272&ArticleID=42746 A unique course offered at Missouri Western State College is getting off-campus attention. Dr. Cary Chevalier, instructor for the introduction to Global Positioning Systems for mapping and navigation, has taken the class on the road to places like the St. Louis Zoo...
July 10th 03 08:51 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 295
Trimble's 50th Patent relating to GPS fleet management by Sam Wormley
Ref: http://www.trimble.com/news/071003a.htm Trimble Granted Patent for Automated Status Reporting of Ready Mix Trucks SUNNYVALE, Calif., July 10, 2003 -- Trimble (NASDAQ:TRMB) announced today that the Company has received notice of allowance from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) granting a patent for automated status reporting of ready-mix concrete trucks. This new patent is ...
July 10th 03 08:41 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 309
Trimble Trimble GeoExplorer CE Series Features New Color Display andIncreased Memory by Sam Wormley
Ref: http://www.trimble.com/news/070803a.htm Trimble Trimble GeoExplorer CE Series Features New Color Display and Increased Memory SAN DIEGO, Calif., July 8, 2003 -- Trimble (NASDAQ:TRMB) announced today that its GeoExplorer® CE series of GPS handheld receivers now feature a new advanced color display and 64 MB of memory. These new features provide mapping and mobile GIS users with...
July 10th 03 08:38 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 387
Public access to CORS data will be temporarily interrupted... by Sam Wormley
Ref: http://www.ngs.noaa.gov/CORS/newsletter1/ July 10, 2003 ATTENTION CORS AND OPUS USERS!! ATTENTION CORS AND OPUS USERS!! CORS URGENT ANNOUNCEMENT Public access to CORS data will be temporarily interrupted starting at 6:00 AM (eastern time) on July 15 while NGS upgrades the online storage equipment for these data. The downtime should last no more than two
July 10th 03 08:34 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 291
Garmin GPSMAP 76S case by Bill Bradshaw
http://www.aquapac.net/ -- Bill Brought to you from beautiful Unalaska/Dutch Harbor, Alaska. N 53° 51.140' W 166° 30.228' (WGS 84) Bob Brown wrote: I'm looking for a good carry case that form fits my new Garmin GPSMAP 76S. I'd like for it to have a clear material over the screen so that
July 10th 03 07:35 PM
by Bill Bradshaw Go to last post
0 319
Looking for Advice on a GPS system by Wayne R.
I have a Garmin MapSource file of over 15K Iraqi waypoints (derived from a NIMA list). It might be useful with Garmin's WorldMap program to download areas of interest into a Garmin unit. The quantity of waypoints is partially a result of NIMA's creating numerous alternate spellings for a lot of towns, then I had to corrupt that a little further by deleting spatial duplicates and squeezing names...
July 10th 03 07:33 PM
by Wayne R. Go to last post
0 272
Printing route details from Mapsource? by Peter
Nick wrote: Is it possible to print the route details generated by Garmin mapsource, so as to use these in conjunction with printed maps when a GPS unit isn't available? Two ways: 1) use the "Prnt Scrn" key of DOS/Windows to capture the screen to the clipboard and pasting it in a program like Word that supports printing; and 2) upgrade to the 5.03 beta version of MapSource and push...
July 10th 03 06:18 PM
by Peter Go to last post
0 270
Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) commissionsthe Wide AreaAugmentation System (WAAS) by Sam Wormley
Ref: http://www1.faa.gov/ntap/NTAP03JUL10/GEN03003.HTM Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS) Commissioning Information, WAAS and GPS NOTAM Changes, and Removal of NA from select RNAV (GPS) and GPS Approach Charts a. Introduction. On July 10, 2003, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) will commission the Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS). WAAS may be used for aviation navigation in both...
July 10th 03 06:01 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 289
False tracks by [email protected]
On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 20:44:57 GMT, "Insp Gadget" wrote: Just got my Meridian Gold yesterday. I noticved that there are some tracks in places that I have not been. Strange markings on the screen making it look like I had travelled through an extremly wooded area, however I have never been there. Anyone else notice something strange like this? Once, with my Garmin...
July 10th 03 05:07 PM
GPS Visualizer update, July 10 by Adam Schneider
] Dave Patton wrote: Adam Schneider wrote: I'm just back from vacation in B.C. (where, unfortunately, the Douglas firs interfered in a big way with my hiking tracklogs!) Where in BC, and what hikes?
July 10th 03 04:09 PM
by Adam Schneider Go to last post

From The