NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2003066 by Sam Wormley
Ref: http://WWW.SCHRIEVER.AF.MIL/GPS/Current/current.nnu? http://WWW.SCHRIEVER.AF.MIL/GPS/Current/current.oa1? http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/gps/geninfo/NANUabbr.htm NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2003066 SUBJ: SVN30 (PRN30) FORECAST OUTAGE JDAY 198/0415 - JDAY 198/1615 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTDV NANU NUMBER: 2003066 NANU DTG: 101513Z JUL 2003 REFERENCE NANU:...
July 10th 03 03:40 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 287
eMap time accuracy by Dale DePriest
If your emap has a lock it is generally within a 1 sec or so of the correct time. This display will be late as the display update takes some time. Otherwise it cannot be depended upon. There should not be the discrepency you observed if you clock has been updated recently. Perhaps you are not receiving correction signals. LouW wrote: Hi, I was checking time today on my eMap. Compared...
July 10th 03 02:15 PM
by Dale DePriest Go to last post
0 416
Audiovox GMRS/GPS by Dale DePriest
Guardian wrote: Thought you could not transmit DATA via GMRS, this is why I didn't purchase the Garmin RINO, it was only able to transmit position via FRS and not via GMRS. It is a bit tricky but I believe the GMRS radio on FRS frequencies is permitted to transmit position data but not on the other GMRS frequencies. There is an overlap of 7 channels in the two services.
July 10th 03 02:04 PM
by Dale DePriest Go to last post
0 368
False tracks by Heinrich Pfeifer
"sec" wrote in ... On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 20:44:57 GMT, "Insp Gadget" wrote: Just got my Meridian Gold yesterday. I noticved that there are some tracks in places that I have not been. Strange markings on the screen making it look like I had travelled through an extremly wooded area, however I have ...
July 10th 03 02:01 PM
by Heinrich Pfeifer Go to last post
0 315
ASYNC and eTrex by Antonio Tabernero Galan
Carsten Kurz wrote: I'm just trying to log some data using async and an eTrex (2.09 european version). I get about 50 failed reads in 2700 packets and the logging stops, using async t- 900 -rinex option. What can be the reason? The Async website quotes async 1.23 to be the most current version, but the start header of the dos/windows executable says: async version 1.21.
July 10th 03 01:51 PM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
2 421
GPS map capability by Dale DePriest
Andrew Kalinowski wrote: "Dale DePriest" wrote in message ... snip I have full lists of Palm and PocketPC applications for GPS and general
July 10th 03 01:43 PM
by Dale DePriest Go to last post
0 372
GPS Tutorials & FAQs . . . by Sam Wormley
GPS Tutorials: http://www.edu-observatory.org/gps/tutorials.html NAVSTAR GPS User Equipment Introduction: http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/pubs/gps/gpsuser/gpsuser.pdf http://www.peterson.af.mil/usspace/gps_support/documents/gpsuser.pdf +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ | | | One way...
July 10th 03 01:29 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 323
WaypointXL v0.5.10 by B.H.
It has been pointed out to me that there were some issues in WaypointXL v0.5.10 that I posted below that has turned out be the fact that I left 2 files out of the installation file. They have been added and a new setup file has been posted at the link below. IIAS "B.H." wrote in message ... Added to...
July 10th 03 01:24 PM
by B.H. Go to last post
0 281
Update Linked URLs by Sam Wormley
Linked URLs Change: http://www.cnde.iastate.edu/gps.html to: http://www.edu-observatory.org/gps/gps.html Change: http://www.cnde.iastate.edu/staff/swormley/etc... to: http://www.edu-observatory.org/etc...
July 10th 03 12:51 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 325
Mapsource file types- Import by Henry
Try copy and paste between two MAPsource's running at the same time. Henry "LouW" wrote in message ... Hi, I notice that when choosing import types, Mapsource gives a choice of PCX5 types(.wpt, .rte, .trk, grm)
July 10th 03 11:38 AM
by Henry Go to last post
0 315
ASYNC and eTrex by Carsten Kurz
I think I recall vaguely some earlier discussions of eTrex comms speed and lost data problems, in which the problem wasn't the eTrex, it was the host not being able to keep up with the data rate. Switching to a host with better comms resulted in clean data. Don't know. Some eTrex units, especially those with WAAS enabled, seem to have communication problems using NMEA, but this doesn't...
July 10th 03 10:50 AM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
0 346
ASYNC and eTrex by Carsten Kurz
It could be. Try alkaline batteries in the GPS. Maybe the voltage of the RS-232 is too low for your port. I don't think so. I never have any problems using NMEA or W/R/T transfers with Garmin protocol. But mostly this happens when the GPS cannot push the data out fast enough. Some kind of internal bufferoverflow maybe? Try option -rinex2 and then the effect would be much worse (at...
July 10th 03 09:51 AM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
0 322
Rino 120 and WAAS by Carsten Kurz
Mark Wilson schrieb: It is not worded very well, but they may be referring to a situation where you have double coverage from WAAS or EGNOS GEO satellites. I believe EGNOS only has one satellite so it doesn't apply. For WAAS, the CONUS approximately West of the Rocky Mountains has double coverage - POR and AOR-W visibility. It is possible that the GEOs could be transmitting It's...
July 10th 03 09:42 AM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
0 299
Warning for Route 66 "2004" - 15 sec GPS update delay imposed. by [email protected]
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 09:26:31 +0200, "derob" schupp AT xs4all DOT nl wrote: has a severe limitation in that the position upgrade is dysfunctional. According to the 15 second limit is "imposed by the data supplier". No reason beyond that is given - is it commercial or legal?? Commercial! You get what you pay for ;-) They use NavTech right?
July 10th 03 09:27 AM
Garmin 45 by Dave Martindale
"dick" writes: Is it possible to flash the firmware on a garmin 45? I don`t see a update listed but there is one for a 48, has anyone tried that on a 45? It won't work. I believe that the 45 (and 45XL) have their firmware in ROM and it can't be upgraded. The GPS 12XL, the first 12-channel unit, was also the first Garmin handheld with the firmware in flash RAM so it could...
July 10th 03 07:38 AM
by Dave Martindale Go to last post
0 325
Voice AutoRouting kits for iPaq H3970 Pocket-PC, choices?? by Bill Middleton
Hi Jim, don't like to burst your bubble but CoPilot and Navman Europe maps don't cover Turkey, Greece or Egypt - in fact none of the iPAQ GPS packages do as far as I know - some of the large Car rental companies (Hertz, Avis etc.) may offer In-Car units for these countries but you will need to check out their websites. Bill M. Otherwise try TomTom - www.tomtom.com or ozi-explorer "Jim Kelly"...
July 9th 03 08:58 PM
by Bill Middleton Go to last post
0 348
Garmin GPSMAP 76S case by Larry Wilson
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3034663338&category=4668 Made by Gilsson Technologies, San Leandro, California Gilsson's unique neoprene cases are custom-tailored with a clear map window for easy map viewing and button accessing. It also features a built-in backback belt hook and a belt/bike handlebar reinforced velcro strap so it can be conveniently secured to your backpack,...
July 9th 03 07:59 PM
by Larry Wilson Go to last post
0 309
Hiking with gps?.....How? by steve
A couple of strips of self-adhesive velcro on the back of my eTrex, and the corresponding velcro on the left shoulder strap of my hiking rucsac. Works fine, but unfortunately it looks a bit like Long John Silver's parrot........ (deceased) Steve -- *** Note: Please remove both socks before replying *** "Pablo" wrote in message
July 9th 03 07:36 PM
by David Go to last post
1 300
Help with Delorme GPS to Serial settings. by ron
I apologise that this is out of topic. I am trying to get a comm setting using the Delorme gps to serial drivers on a Averatec notebook running Windows XP. When I look under Human Interface Devices, I see something like "device 0" but nothing that would translate into a comm port. My notebook doesn't have comm ports, (except for the built in modem on Comm 3) so I am trying to figure out what...
July 9th 03 05:57 PM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
3 403
Hiking with gps?.....How? by Scott I. Remick
In article , says... "WCH" wrote in message ... I just recently bought 2 gps units (Garmin 76S and the Magellan Sportrak Pro) to compare them both and then return one w/in the week. I will primarily be using it for hiking and in the car. ...
July 9th 03 04:34 PM
by Scott I. Remick Go to last post

From The