False tracks by Heinrich Pfeifer
"sec" wrote in ... On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 20:44:57 GMT, "Insp Gadget" wrote: Just got my Meridian Gold yesterday. I noticved that there are some tracks in places that I have not been. Strange markings on the screen making it look like I had travelled through an extremly wooded area, however I have ...
July 10th 03 03:01 PM
by Heinrich Pfeifer Go to last post
0 288
ASYNC and eTrex by Antonio Tabernero Galan
Carsten Kurz wrote: I'm just trying to log some data using async and an eTrex (2.09 european version). I get about 50 failed reads in 2700 packets and the logging stops, using async t- 900 -rinex option. What can be the reason? The Async website quotes async 1.23 to be the most current version, but the start header of the dos/windows executable says: async version 1.21.
July 10th 03 02:51 PM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
2 394
GPS map capability by Dale DePriest
Andrew Kalinowski wrote: "Dale DePriest" wrote in message ... snip I have full lists of Palm and PocketPC applications for GPS and general
July 10th 03 02:43 PM
by Dale DePriest Go to last post
0 309
GPS Tutorials & FAQs . . . by Sam Wormley
GPS Tutorials: http://www.edu-observatory.org/gps/tutorials.html NAVSTAR GPS User Equipment Introduction: http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/pubs/gps/gpsuser/gpsuser.pdf http://www.peterson.af.mil/usspace/gps_support/documents/gpsuser.pdf +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ | | | One way...
July 10th 03 02:29 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 301
WaypointXL v0.5.10 by B.H.
It has been pointed out to me that there were some issues in WaypointXL v0.5.10 that I posted below that has turned out be the fact that I left 2 files out of the installation file. They have been added and a new setup file has been posted at the link below. IIAS "B.H." wrote in message ... Added to...
July 10th 03 02:24 PM
by B.H. Go to last post
0 263
Update Linked URLs by Sam Wormley
Linked URLs Change: http://www.cnde.iastate.edu/gps.html to: http://www.edu-observatory.org/gps/gps.html Change: http://www.cnde.iastate.edu/staff/swormley/etc... to: http://www.edu-observatory.org/etc...
July 10th 03 01:51 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 308
Mapsource file types- Import by Henry
Try copy and paste between two MAPsource's running at the same time. Henry "LouW" wrote in message ... Hi, I notice that when choosing import types, Mapsource gives a choice of PCX5 types(.wpt, .rte, .trk, grm)
July 10th 03 12:38 PM
by Henry Go to last post
0 305
ASYNC and eTrex by Carsten Kurz
I think I recall vaguely some earlier discussions of eTrex comms speed and lost data problems, in which the problem wasn't the eTrex, it was the host not being able to keep up with the data rate. Switching to a host with better comms resulted in clean data. Don't know. Some eTrex units, especially those with WAAS enabled, seem to have communication problems using NMEA, but this doesn't...
July 10th 03 11:50 AM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
0 330
ASYNC and eTrex by Carsten Kurz
It could be. Try alkaline batteries in the GPS. Maybe the voltage of the RS-232 is too low for your port. I don't think so. I never have any problems using NMEA or W/R/T transfers with Garmin protocol. But mostly this happens when the GPS cannot push the data out fast enough. Some kind of internal bufferoverflow maybe? Try option -rinex2 and then the effect would be much worse (at...
July 10th 03 10:51 AM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
0 302
Rino 120 and WAAS by Carsten Kurz
Mark Wilson schrieb: It is not worded very well, but they may be referring to a situation where you have double coverage from WAAS or EGNOS GEO satellites. I believe EGNOS only has one satellite so it doesn't apply. For WAAS, the CONUS approximately West of the Rocky Mountains has double coverage - POR and AOR-W visibility. It is possible that the GEOs could be transmitting It's...
July 10th 03 10:42 AM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
0 282
Warning for Route 66 "2004" - 15 sec GPS update delay imposed. by [email protected]
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 09:26:31 +0200, "derob" schupp AT xs4all DOT nl wrote: has a severe limitation in that the position upgrade is dysfunctional. According to the 15 second limit is "imposed by the data supplier". No reason beyond that is given - is it commercial or legal?? Commercial! You get what you pay for ;-) They use NavTech right?
July 10th 03 10:27 AM
Garmin 45 by Dave Martindale
"dick" writes: Is it possible to flash the firmware on a garmin 45? I don`t see a update listed but there is one for a 48, has anyone tried that on a 45? It won't work. I believe that the 45 (and 45XL) have their firmware in ROM and it can't be upgraded. The GPS 12XL, the first 12-channel unit, was also the first Garmin handheld with the firmware in flash RAM so it could...
July 10th 03 08:38 AM
by Dave Martindale Go to last post
0 307
Voice AutoRouting kits for iPaq H3970 Pocket-PC, choices?? by Bill Middleton
Hi Jim, don't like to burst your bubble but CoPilot and Navman Europe maps don't cover Turkey, Greece or Egypt - in fact none of the iPAQ GPS packages do as far as I know - some of the large Car rental companies (Hertz, Avis etc.) may offer In-Car units for these countries but you will need to check out their websites. Bill M. Otherwise try TomTom - www.tomtom.com or ozi-explorer "Jim Kelly"...
July 9th 03 09:58 PM
by Bill Middleton Go to last post
0 329
Garmin GPSMAP 76S case by Larry Wilson
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3034663338&category=4668 Made by Gilsson Technologies, San Leandro, California Gilsson's unique neoprene cases are custom-tailored with a clear map window for easy map viewing and button accessing. It also features a built-in backback belt hook and a belt/bike handlebar reinforced velcro strap so it can be conveniently secured to your backpack,...
July 9th 03 08:59 PM
by Larry Wilson Go to last post
0 300
Hiking with gps?.....How? by steve
A couple of strips of self-adhesive velcro on the back of my eTrex, and the corresponding velcro on the left shoulder strap of my hiking rucsac. Works fine, but unfortunately it looks a bit like Long John Silver's parrot........ (deceased) Steve -- *** Note: Please remove both socks before replying *** "Pablo" wrote in message
July 9th 03 08:36 PM
by David Go to last post
1 287
Help with Delorme GPS to Serial settings. by ron
I apologise that this is out of topic. I am trying to get a comm setting using the Delorme gps to serial drivers on a Averatec notebook running Windows XP. When I look under Human Interface Devices, I see something like "device 0" but nothing that would translate into a comm port. My notebook doesn't have comm ports, (except for the built in modem on Comm 3) so I am trying to figure out what...
July 9th 03 06:57 PM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
3 382
Hiking with gps?.....How? by Scott I. Remick
In article , says... "WCH" wrote in message ... I just recently bought 2 gps units (Garmin 76S and the Magellan Sportrak Pro) to compare them both and then return one w/in the week. I will primarily be using it for hiking and in the car. ...
July 9th 03 05:34 PM
by Scott I. Remick Go to last post
0 334
Voice AutoRouting kits for iPaq H3970 Pocket-PC, choices?? by Keith
Talk about being tossed a tough one! An Australian executive colleague of mine announced that he wants me to choose an AutoRouting Kit for his Pocket-PC (iPaq H3970 BlueTooth) for his imminent car travels in USA and Europe. I'm pretty sure that TravRoute Co-Pilot is the only choice here in Aus (with NavMan available soon). Are either of these good choices in USA and Europe, or would he be...
July 9th 03 02:25 PM
by Keith Go to last post
0 325
Israel on board for Galileo by Carsten Kurz
space. Simultaneously, a network of ground stations will be deployed to provide high-quality signal reception in cities - a weak point for GPS, which needs a direct line of sight between the user and satellite. Does anyone know what that means? Marketing bull****? "An argument has broken out between two leading EU members - Germany
July 9th 03 01:23 PM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
0 391
Voice AutoRouting kits for iPaq H3970 Pocket-PC, choices?? by Jim Kelly
Thanks Darren, TomTom is not available in Australia . . we have NavMan and TravRoute .. . And OziExplorer! So I guess if Turkey is not routed (!), then Ozi can fix that, and I'm left with the question: Which of: * NavMan 3450 SmartST Pro, or
July 9th 03 08:00 AM
by Darren Griffin Go to last post

From The