Voice AutoRouting kits for iPaq H3970 Pocket-PC, choices?? by footman
Hi I recently posted a question on another ng about the availabilty of Maps of Turkey to use either on my ipaq with handheld GPS or GPS alone.I was informed that Turkey is particularly sensitive about foreign visitors having detailed maps and having GPS in particular. The advice given to me was to stay by the pool with a beer! Here in UK I use my elderly ipaq 3660 with a pretec CF card GPS and...
July 8th 03 08:58 PM
by Darren Griffin Go to last post
2 318
REQ: TomTom Navigator USA by howdy.d.doody
Thanks in advance!
July 8th 03 05:44 PM
by howdy.d.doody Go to last post
0 307
REQ: iGuidance laptop & PPC software by howdy.d.doody
Fantastic thanks in advance!
July 8th 03 05:38 PM
by howdy.d.doody Go to last post
0 329
GPS Product Reviews, GPS Technical Info, Software reviews, PDA GPSHERE by Danzooo
In article , Joe Mehaffey wrote: Many new (and not so new) GPS owners have basic (and not so basic) questions about the operation and performance of their GPS equipment. Most of the initial questions and answers you may have are available for you at: Jack and Joe's GPS Information website ...
July 8th 03 03:15 PM
by Dale DePriest Go to last post
2 327
Driver won't install for Holux GM-270 CF GPS. by Keith
On 29 Jun 2003 06:04:09 -0000, Dan wrote: The Holux GM-270 CF GPS is working fine with my pocketpc. I am attempting to use it with my notebook running XP Pro. When I insert the unit with my Compact Flash PC Card Adapter, the light on the Holux GM-270 CF GPS comes on and XP notifies me that new hardware is detected. Where I am having an issue is XP recognizing the...
July 5th 03 10:52 PM
by Keith Go to last post
0 324
Points on a track versus time by Dale DePriest
Mike Mason wrote: I have a garmin vista. I have just compared two tracks taken from the vista (via Oziexplorer) of the same walk but the information I see is confusing me. The first walk took 1 hour 38 minutes and there were 667 points. The second walk took 2 hours 26 minutes and there were 514 points.
July 5th 03 06:08 PM
by Searching_Ut Go to last post
1 293
Big Bertha Thing blogs by Tony Lance
Big Bertha Thing monorail Cosmic Ray Series Possible Real World System Constructs http://tonylance.mybravenet.com/monorail.html Access page JPG 8K Image Astrophysics net ring access site Newsgroup Reviews including rec.aviation.student Drawing of model of track on the bottom monorail.
July 4th 03 10:40 PM
by Tony Lance Go to last post
0 351
Driver won't install for Holux GM-270 CF GPS. by Raoul Kieffer
Hi Dan, after several trials I got it to work. Here how I did: (Sorry if the command descriptions are not quite exact, I'm using a German version of Windows) 1) During installation of the Driver - Select hardware from the list (instead of automatic selection). - Connections (COM and LPT). - From Disk.
July 2nd 03 03:28 AM
by Dan Go to last post
1 383
Driver won't install for Holux GM-270 CF GPS. by Carsten Kurz
Dan schrieb: The Holux GM-270 CF GPS is working fine with my pocketpc. I am attempting to use it with my notebook running XP Pro. When I insert the unit with my Compact Flash PC Card Adapter, the light on the Holux GM-270 CF GPS comes on and XP notifies me that new hardware is detected. Where I am having an issue is XP recognizing the supplied driver when I try to install the ...
June 30th 03 10:34 AM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
0 307
Free to a good home: domain geocache.org by Nicola Straub
Hi Tim! Tim Hogard wrote: I got the domain geocache.org several years ago and never had time Now, wouldn't THIS be the ideal domain to host the 'international, distributed free database'?! I'd love to see a future for this project (haven't had heard of it for quite a time, btw.). And it could be home
June 29th 03 10:44 AM
by Nicola Straub Go to last post
0 330
Driver won't install for Holux GM-270 CF GPS. by Darren Griffin
Dan wrote: The Holux GM-270 CF GPS is working fine with my pocketpc. I am attempting to use it with my notebook running XP Pro. When I insert the unit with my Compact Flash PC Card Adapter, the light on the Holux GM-270 CF GPS comes on and XP notifies me that new hardware is detected. Where I am having an issue is XP recognizing the supplied driver when I try to install the device...
June 29th 03 08:20 AM
by Raoul Kieffer Go to last post
1 394
Connecting Handspring Visor to Garmin Etrex (basic yellow) GPS by Carsten Kurz
Carsten, many thanks for all your help but I'm still not sure how I would convert the cable using a small 6-9 volts battery. Could you elaborate please? Have a look at Dales site. Basically the idea is to feed something between 5-9 volts to the RTS and CTS lines of the sync cable. This will power the electronics. The easiest way to do this is to make a short converter cable between...
June 25th 03 08:31 PM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
0 364
Garmin V Tide Tables by paul
I'm inclined to agree. Do you find wildebeast in South Africa behave like grizzly bears in Kansas? Our wildebeest just seem to eat and sleep all day and then try and avoid predators at night. I think the grizzlies might be a bit higher up the food chain. We have a couple of brilliant hiking trails along the coast which have rivers you need to cross at low tide. Nothing crucial like...
June 25th 03 04:55 PM
by Don A Go to last post
3 428
new Mapsource 5 beta V5.02 by Robert Elsinga =8-)
On 24 Jun 2003 08:18:11 -0700, (Peter Hirsch) wrote: How can one print the directions to a file rather than to the printer? Install a "print to file" text printer? Create a New Printer, brand Microsoft, type "Generic Text". When choosing a port (LPT, Serial) choos "File". =8-)
June 25th 03 12:19 AM
by Tom Harvey Go to last post
3 383
All the COUNTRIESSTATESCOUNTIESCITIES of the WORLD by Gary S.
On 23 Jun 2003 04:48:37 -0700, (blumaro) wrote: HELLO ALL!! It is a lot of time I am looking for some information but I haven't had any success until now. So I have decided trying to ask what I need to You. I BET THESE GROUPS ARE THE BEST PLACES TO FIND WHAT I AM SEARCHING!
June 23rd 03 01:48 PM
by Gary S. Go to last post
0 338
All the COUNTRIESSTATESCOUNTIESCITIES of the WORLD by Anton Betzler
blumaro wrote: I need to know precisaly all the COUNTRIESSTATESCOUNTIESCITIES of the WORLD. I mean: StatesCountiesCities of the USA; RegionsDepartementsVilles of the France; RegioniProvinceCittą of the Italy; TerritoriesCountiesCities of the Canada;
June 23rd 03 12:37 PM
by Anton Betzler Go to last post

From The