Looking for a GPS Antenna Switch by Johnson[_2_]
I would like to test two GPS antenna with one same GPS receiver. It is really inconvenient to switch the antenna back and forth manually, since my computer is not close to the test lab, and I can only run my software in my computer, and the GPS receiver at the lab. I can't bring my computer to the lab, or install my software to a test computer at the lab. Is there any RF GPS Antenna awitch...
November 13th 13 05:38 PM
GOCE status by R. Bach
UTC: 01:58:07 LATITUDE: 6.54 LONGITUDE: -96.01 ALTITUDE : 107.88 ALTITUDE : 67.03 SPEED : 7.96 SPEED : 4.95 Orbit decaying, North America may get a look
November 11th 13 03:46 AM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
1 354
GOCE Sat Re-entry by R. Bach
Anyone have a track on the GOCE sat? It's in a decaying polar orbit, believed to reenter early 11.11.13. --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =-
November 11th 13 01:24 AM
by R. Bach Go to last post
0 265
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2013060 by Sam Wormley[_2_]
UNCLASSIFIED GPS OPERATIONAL ADVISORY 303.OA1 SUBJ: GPS STATUS 30 OCT 2013 1. SATELLITES, PLANES, AND CLOCKS (CS=CESIUM RB=RUBIDIUM): A. BLOCK I : NONE B. BLOCK II: PRNS 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 PLANE : SLOT D2, D1, C5, D4, E3, C6, A4, A3, A5, E6, D5, B4, F3, F1 CLOCK : RB, RB, CS, RB, RB, RB, RB, CS, CS, CS, RB, RB, RB,...
November 1st 13 07:08 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 285
Compare accuracies of GNSS by userX
is there a comparison amongst GPS, GLONASS, QNZZ, COMPASS system accuracies ?
October 25th 13 09:36 PM
by Alan Browne Go to last post
2 419
Seeing the dark: New experiment could finally shed light on the mysteriesof dark matter by Sam Wormley[_2_]
Seeing the dark: New experiment could finally shed light on the mysteries of dark matter http://phys.org/news/2013-10-dark-mysteries.html Dark matter, believed by physicists to outweigh all the normal matter in the universe by more than five to one, is by definition invisible. But certain features associated with dark matter might be detectable, according to some of the many competing...
October 25th 13 07:01 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 218
Government Shutdown Notice -- Saturday, October 5, 2013 by Sam Wormley[_2_]
Saturday, October 5, 2013 Government Shutdown Notice Due to the Federal Government shutdown, NOAA.gov and most associated web sites are unavailable. However, because the information this site provides is necessary to protect life and property, this information will be updated and maintained during the Federal Government shutdown. Read More... In support of NOAA's excepted...
October 6th 13 02:33 AM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 359
Rinex Parser by Lucas Riobó
Hi to everyone. I started recently with GPS and i'm trying to understand the Rinex Format. I'd read the thread about that and i'm more troubled haha. The fact is, that i want to estimate the internal delay of my receiver. I've an idea based on some papers using the data of the carrier phases in both L1 & L2. So, anyone has a simple Parser for that type of file? I found one based in MatLab...
October 4th 13 11:28 AM
by Dave Go to last post
2 401
What are you doing with GPS? by Alan Browne
What are you up to with GPS these days? -- "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of **** by the clean end." -Unknown
September 30th 13 02:02 PM
by Craig Wallace Go to last post
4 444
Need GPS parity checking algorithm by [email protected]
On Friday, December 16, 1994 9:18:03 PM UTC+3:30, Arshad Mahmood wrote: Hi, We have a need to implement our own parity checking for incoming GPS data (actually corrections from a ground station). Most of the time this is done in the GPS reciever hardware, but we need to do this ourselves. Before reinventing the wheel, if anyone knows of a 'c'(or for that matter any other...
September 18th 13 05:58 PM
by Joop[_3_] Go to last post
1 337
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2013054 NANU TYPE: GENERAL by Sam Wormley[_2_]
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2013054 NANU TYPE: GENERAL *** GENERAL MESSAGE TO ALL GPS USERS *** On approximately 19 SEP 2013 SVN37 will resume transmitting L-band utilizing PRN30. At L-band activation, SVN37/PRN30 will be unusable until further notice. Additionally, no broadcast almanacs will include SVN37/PRN30 until further notice. *** GENERAL MESSAGE TO ALL GPS USERS...
September 16th 13 07:21 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 228
Qualcomm sells Omnitrack by Alan Browne
http://www.thestreet.com/story/12017187/1/the-deal-qualcomm-divests-omnitracs-for-800m.html Which I find a bit funny in light of the posting Sam Wormley put up on 29 August. Why sell a profitable, market leading, growth business? -- "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional,
September 9th 13 10:26 PM
by Alan Browne Go to last post
2 381
FCC fines against GPS jamming ... very expensive by Alan Browne
http://transition.fcc.gov/eb/Orders/2013/FCC-13-106A1.html $32K (The fine isn't final as the offender can also request a reduced fine according to his financial state). Other fines go over $100K. http://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/jammer-enforcement#JEA
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 5th 13 02:14 AM
by Alan Browne Go to last post
10 543
Study: Wind Power ‘May be Less Than Thought’ by Sam Wormley[_2_]
Study: Wind Power ‘May be Less Than Thought’ http://www.climatecentral.org/news/study-wind-power-may-be-less-than-thought-15673 Each wind turbine creates behind it a “wind shadow” in which the air has been slowed down by drag on the turbine’s blades. The ideal wind farm strikes a balance, packing as many turbines onto the land as possible, while also spacing them far enough apart to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 4th 13 09:54 PM
by Alan Browne Go to last post
43 1,943
Speculation: Middle East events by Sam Wormley[_2_]
gps.afspc.af.mil has gone dark for the better part of a week. There are known cyber attacks from the Syrian Army. One wonders if there is any connection to Middle East events.
August 29th 13 10:27 PM
by Alan Browne Go to last post
1 324
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2013049 NANU TYPE: GENERAL by Sam Wormley[_2_]
2013049------------------------ NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2013049 NANU TYPE: GENERAL *** GENERAL MESSAGE TO ALL GPS USERS *** ON APPROXIMATELY 22 AUG 2013 SVN32 WILL RESUME TRANSMITTING L-BAND UTILIZING PRN30. AT L-BAND ACTIVATION, SVN32/PRN30 WILL BE UNUSABLE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. ADDITIONALLY, NO BROADCAST ALMANACS WILL INCLUDE SVN32/PRN30 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. ***...
August 22nd 13 05:40 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 246
GPS STATUS 22 AUG 2013 by Sam Wormley[_2_]
UNCLASSIFIED GPS OPERATIONAL ADVISORY 234.OA1 SUBJ: GPS STATUS 22 AUG 2013 1. SATELLITES, PLANES, AND CLOCKS (CS=CESIUM RB=RUBIDIUM): A. BLOCK I : NONE B. BLOCK II: PRNS 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 PLANE : SLOT D2, D1, C5, D4, E3, C6, A4, A3, A5, E6, D5, B4, F3, F1 CLOCK : RB, RB, CS, RB, RB, RB, RB, CS, CS, CS, RB, RB, RB,...
August 22nd 13 04:50 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 291
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2013048 by Sam Wormley[_2_]
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2013048 SUBJ: SVN55 (PRN15) FORECAST OUTAGE SUMMARY JDAY 232/1301 - JDAY 232/1942 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTSUMM NANU NUMBER: 2013048 NANU DTG: 201948Z AUG 2013 REFERENCE NANU: 2013047 REF NANU DTG: 152155Z AUG 2013 SVN: 55 PRN: 15
August 21st 13 02:46 AM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 288
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2013043-44 by Sam Wormley[_2_]
2013043------------------------ NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2013043 SUBJ: SVN39 (PRN9) FORECAST OUTAGE JDAY 225/0715 - JDAY 226/0715 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTDV NANU NUMBER: 2013043 NANU DTG: 082007Z AUG 2013 REFERENCE NANU: N/A REF NANU DTG: N/A SVN: 39
August 9th 13 12:13 AM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 578
Focus: Colliding Grains Make Stronger Sandstorms by Sam Wormley[_2_]
Focus: Colliding Grains Make Stronger Sandstorms http://physics.aps.org/articles/v6/86 Midair collisions between grains in a sandstorm drastically increase the strength of the storm, according to simulations, suggesting a central role for collisions. In a sandstorm, midair collisions between particles dramatically increase the flow of grains within the storm, rather than...
August 5th 13 03:47 PM
by Hans-Georg Michna Go to last post

From The