Garmin nuvi update question by Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names
When I download and install the latest updates from the Garmin website, what is installed? -- modified software, or, -- modified and new maps, or -- both?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 29th 08 01:45 AM
by TVNAV.com Go to last post
11 470
Garmin GPS II and II plus , differences? by Marty[_2_]
What are the differences between the GPS II and GPS II plus and the GPS III and III plus?
February 29th 08 12:53 AM
by Jack Yeazel Go to last post
3 209
gar2rnx by Nick Hopton[_2_]
I decided to have a look at post-processing to improve accuracy, this is all about poor-man's surveying again, sorry. Before I did anything else I thought I'd better see I could find software that would work with my Geko 301, so I installed gar2rnx. Now, I only have USB ports on my computer and the Geko has a serial port, but not to worry because I have a Belkin converter. When I run "async -p...
February 28th 08 07:14 PM
by Nick Hopton[_2_] Go to last post
0 165
Are you want the detailed astronomical physics by maha
Are you want the detailed astronomical physics know about the astronomical physics(about NASA articles) want to share the knowledge of astronomical physics... here know about the astronomy http://astronomicalphysics.googlepages.com
February 28th 08 10:39 AM
by maha Go to last post
0 156
Laptop GPS World :: promotional giveaway ends in two days, on Feb. 29, 2008 by Marvin Hlavac
Hi everyone :) The mini-contest ends in a couple of days, on Feb. 29, 2008. Join the fun, and have a chance to win one of the two MS Streets & Trips 2008 w/Connected Services (donated by Microsoft). Everyone is invited. Here's the link: http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/microsoft-streets-trips-microsoft-autoroute/289-win-free-streets-trips-2008-connected-services-donated-microsoft.html
February 27th 08 09:26 PM
by Marvin Hlavac Go to last post
0 160
Discount Binatone Carrera X350 with UK/ROI maps by Phil Holland
Discount Binatone Carrera X350 with UK/ROI maps can be bought at: uk.ebid.net/perl/auction.cgi?auction=1203939436-31463-0&mo=auction www.cqout.com/item.asp?id=3423212 https://www.bids2u.com/lot_details.asp?lotid=137689 www.tazbar.com/seller/HollandNumerics Act now while they are still available........... --
February 27th 08 08:59 AM
by Phil Holland Go to last post
0 203
GEO SV's ephemeris by VVX
Hi, I was just wondering whether SVs with IDs like 126 or 137 are actually used for navigation solutions or they are just WAAS/EGNOS relays? They do transmit the C/A code at L1, and pseudoranges are observable (for raw data capable receivers), but there is no ephemeris for them. As these sats are geostationary their position does not change much with respect to ECEF, but anyway we need to know...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 27th 08 03:32 AM
by Lars Erup Go to last post
12 613
I run windows and I need to transmit my location to the internet by Richard Herb
I have a laptop that gets my location from the USB GPS.. The laptop is on high speed internet at all times using SPRINT. It seems there MUST be software that would transmit simple coordinates to the net. I have searched high and low. I run pure Microsoft and can run any
February 27th 08 03:00 AM
by Richard Herb Go to last post
9 416
Nuvi 350 & PRN07 by Dan Fletcher
In checking the reports at the USCG NavCen, it would seem that PRN07 has been taken out of the almanac completely. However, when I look at the bird-tracking screen of my Nuvi 350, it will - from time to time - show that it's looking for PRN07! How can this be when 07's not even in the almanac anymore? Is this an issue with Garmin units and the way they track birds? Or, is 07 really IN the...
February 26th 08 05:48 PM
by Dan Fletcher Go to last post
0 207
Nuvi 360 discontinued? by [email protected]
Does anyone know why the price of the Nuvi 360 is so low on Amazon ($284.49). Has it been replaced with a newer model? Thanks.
February 26th 08 04:53 PM
Well, I'm a believer -- Nuvi 260W and 350 by Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names
My daughter is somewhat directionally-challenged. I like gadgets. So, with some skepticism, I purchased a Nuvi 260W for myself and a 350 for her. We then set out on a trip to Norfolk, VA, about 2 hours away. We located the street address of our hotel in Norfolk, punched it into the units, and away we went -- wife and I in one car, daughter in another ( she's staying a few extra days ) and we...
February 25th 08 11:06 PM
by Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names Go to last post
0 181
Freeware coordinate conversion tools GeoConv, E1FILTER and E1 by Eino Uikkanen
This post may concern you, if you are interested in freeware coordinate conversion tools and if you are not allergic to command prompt. It might interest you also, if you are interested in simple to use yet powerful command line formula evaluator including geodetic functions. I wrote several years ago a coordinate conversion tool GeoConv. GeoConv is based on old technology, but it is working...
February 25th 08 10:04 PM
by Eino Uikkanen Go to last post
0 210
FA: Garmin Legend by [email protected]
I have a Garmin Legend for auction : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180218751302 It's in great shape and includes the data cable (and pfranc.com connectors if you want them). Product Description With the eTrex Legend, GARMIN has loaded a full basemap of North and
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 25th 08 09:35 PM
by Methos Go to last post
10 375
Garmin eMap Internal battery by Marty[_2_]
Does the eMap have an internal battery subject to failure like the 12XL?
February 25th 08 04:59 PM
by peter Go to last post
4 198
magellan 360 roadmate by [email protected]
I own magellan roadmate 360 and I'm movining to London next month. I'm thinking about upgrading it with the European map - I know that it's possible, but unfortunately I can't find and files related to it. Can somebody help me with it? ..somekind of links, tips, sources would be great - I'm stuck!
February 25th 08 01:45 AM
Garmin Nuvi 200, show Lat/Long? by Marty[_2_]
How do I get the Nuvi to show me Lat/Long ? I know it can because it did it once for me, somehow by moving my finger on the screen, but I can't seem to go it to do it again.
February 24th 08 04:25 PM
by Marty[_2_] Go to last post
2 164
Garmin Nuvi 200 by Marty[_2_]
What is the purpose of using an SD card in the NUvi? Instructions don't seem to mention it. Can you download tracks from a Nuvi to computer? What Garmin software would do that? Will it work in Metroguide?
February 24th 08 12:53 PM
by Wayne R. Go to last post
4 404
eLORAN Question by George[_4_]
Can someone point me to information on implementing eLORAN? Googling hasn't resulted in information on whether the software is available or even whether the eLORAN specification has been finalized. I have found what appear to be two finished eLORAN receivers on the market, but I can't go to the manufacturers with my questions. Thanks.
February 23rd 08 05:40 PM
by George[_4_] Go to last post
0 155
Pensionsförsäkring - Utvecklingsstruktur i Västkustregionen by CWM-Banker
Multilevelmarketing (MLM) Business System Global Institutional Fund Analytics - Pension Assets Prognostic CWM WORLDWIDE - Principal Assets Prognostication Ascribe. A Certificate means of the Directors opinion that, having made due and careful enquiry, the working capital available to the Company will be sufficient for its present requirements, that is for a coming to the date of Admission right...
February 23rd 08 10:23 AM
by CWM-Banker Go to last post
0 162
New road updates by David Phillips
Not a question about the science of satellite navigation, but in broad terms, about how long does it take the major vendors to update their maps after a new major highway opens up? In Greensboro, NC, a 3.5 year project just re-routed Interstate 40 south of the city, and made the old I-40 into I-40 business. Part of this project included a road realignment around the new interchange, and that...
February 23rd 08 05:02 AM
by B. Peg Go to last post

From The