Model 307 Stratoliner Aircraft by [email protected]
The Boeing Model 307 Stratoliner was the first commercial transport aircraft with a pressurized cabin. It was capable for a crew of five and 33 passengers. Warplanes.com offers a complete replica of Boeing Model 307 Stratoliner Pan Am on a 30% sale. The model aircraft has a span of 18.5 inches and length of 12.5 inches. It was made from the finest material available. For more information visit...
February 6th 08 07:13 AM
Garmin service by Ed
I noticed the tiny locking pin at the end of the metal shaft on the battery compartment cover of my Garmin GPSMap 76CS was missing the last time I changed the batteries. Guess it fell on the carpet, but was never able to find it. Anyway, I e-mailed Garmin tech support asking if I could get a replacement pin. They responded within a day and said, instead of a pin, they were sending a...
February 5th 08 09:09 PM
by Ed Go to last post
4 146
Garmin Geko: how to fit? by ettore_hag
Hi group, I have a Garmin Geko 101 device, "on the trail". I find a difference between the position marked on the screen and the real position that I can see on the topographic map. It's a lack of accuracy? It's a problem with the settings, units? How can I set the device to fit my map? Thanks,
February 5th 08 03:43 PM
by ettore_hag Go to last post
3 172
? How long to charge the Nuvi 6xx series by Sam
Either via USB or in-car? There is no info anywhere on this. Thanks.
February 4th 08 10:57 PM
by Bob Go to last post
9 404
GPS DVD for a 2005 Chrysler 300 by Harry Brown
I have a 2005 Chrysler 300 with built-in GPS navigation/cd player/satellite radio, Does anyone know of a source of updated database DVD's for it other than what may be available at the car dealer. I have not checked with the dealer for the cost of one but I'm looking for one that's cheap. Any directions on where to find one would be appreciated.
February 4th 08 10:13 PM
by Harry Brown Go to last post
0 161
free gps maps? by yawnmoth
I'd like to use gpsVP (http://gpsvp.garminmapsearch.com/?page_id=5) on my Windows Mobile device but am in need of maps. http://garminmapsearch.com/ provides some, however, at 1mb, it seems that all the ones they have are far too small to have any useful information. For example... http://www.zelpo.sk/sport/rogalo/gps_map/ That doesn't look like road maps. I'm not really sure what the maps
February 3rd 08 11:51 PM
by yawnmoth Go to last post
0 139
Garmin and the D by David Lesher
So the page in most Garmins that shows the birds puts a little D on those birds that are "WAAS" enabled/complient/whatever. What's that mean? See, I always thought all DGPS schemes corrected the calculated position equation results, not the individual birds. Is that wrong? Does WAAS say "Bird 123 is wrong by Z nanoseconds" etc? And if the correction is applied in the rx.....why aren't older...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 2nd 08 07:08 PM
by Mike Coon Go to last post
10 462
Nuvi 7xx Ver. 2.50 Software Update - TMC failures by Derek
Following update of Nuvi 770 from 2.20/2.30 to 2.50, the GUI crashes when attempting to access Tools/Setup/Traffic. Once crashed, the receiver is totally unresponsive - other than the power-key that will cause a spontaneous restart. Each restart from this condition inserts an error into the diagnostics "Shutdown" page (Error = Abnormal Shutdown). The fault makes it impossible to view or...
February 2nd 08 02:12 PM
by Derek Go to last post
6 274
nexian handygps module by w0ep
Someone is selling the old nexian handygps modules on that auction website for not much money. Does anyone here know where I might find some technical specs for it? I'm wondering if it might make a usable GPS receiver for a frequency standard project if I cracked the case and took the guts out?
February 2nd 08 04:41 AM
by Gene S. Berkowitz[_2_] Go to last post
1 223
Great for Pocket PC Video Converting by Scott93727
VideoEncoderPro Ver. 1.0 Video Converter-Encoder Software 50+ Codecs + Custom Codecs One of Best and Fastest Encoders Auto-detects newly installed codecs Great for Pocket PC Converting Over 50+ Video Formats Unlimited Custom Codec Options Builtin Media Player to view encoded Files http://www.sharewaresoftware.org/vep/vep.htm
February 1st 08 03:52 PM
by icefruit Go to last post
1 172
Calculating a Distance on the Surface of the Earth by O.B.
I've managed to summarize the problem I'm trying to solve in the PDF below. Basically, I have a point on the earth's surface at a given latitude and longitude. If I moved 200km away from this point to the East, I'd actually be above the surface of the earth due to the curvature of the earth. If at the point, I were to drop straight down to the surface of the earth, I'd like to know the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 31st 08 06:57 PM
ValueFirst helps brands to check fake sale by naren
ValueFirst signs up with a leading lube-oil and a mattress company to help them check fake sale ValueFirst, one of the largest Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) of data services is now helping brands prevent fake sale by using SMS as a medium to prevent fraud. It recently signed up with a leading lube-oil company and a leading brand of mattresses in India. Sale of fake goods is a serious...
January 31st 08 05:39 AM
by naren Go to last post
0 131
Market prospective for LBS by [email protected]
Hi everybody, I would like to find some info about market prospectives for location- based services. Is there any report available? It could be enough if I can access a summary where they indicate how this market is expected to grow. I have some figures and references, but they are unfortunately out of date. Thanks in advance for any suggestion,
January 29th 08 11:12 AM
Map preference: Navteq or TeleAtlas? by B. Peg
I'm beginning to see more TeleAtlas maps in the USA. Navteq used to be the predominate one, but seems TeleAtlas is moving in. Anyone have a preference over which digital map is better in the U.S? I believe Garmin uses Navteq and TomTom uses TeleAtlas. B~
January 29th 08 05:57 AM
by Dale DePriest Go to last post
3 211
Science News Blog by OfficialDebate.com
Check out this great blog for Science News.. http://officialsciencenewsblog.blogspot.com/
January 28th 08 11:00 PM
by OfficialDebate.com Go to last post
0 185
Porting Garmin Software to Linux by erasmo
hi dear Forum: i have found the following very useful software (QLandkarte) that give us access to our Garmin maps ... in Linux :-) http://qlandkarte.sourceforge.net it supports importing of: Garmin maps, tracks and waypoints thank you Oliver Eichler (author of QLandkarte)
January 28th 08 08:50 PM
seismo-electromagnetics has emerged as a vibrant new branch of earthscience. by meteoquake
Dear All Cast largely beyond the pale of American geologyseismo- electromagnetics has emerged in recent years as a vibrant new branch of earth science. Its theoretical underpinnings are secured by experimental confirmation in both field and lab. Its burgeoning observational base-thousands of unambiguous correlations of electromagnetic signals to geologic faults under severe stress-now lies...
January 27th 08 10:09 PM
by meteoquake Go to last post
0 155
How to inject gps data into DV videocam via firewire ? by Darius
Hi, I can control my DV videocam from Ulead video studio run on PC via firewire like play, stop, rewind, record and the like. I would like to use firewire to have my remote gps device to inject gps data in video frames in record mode to have them geotagged. I don't expect each videocam showing such feature but i would be nice to build and use such gps videocam.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 27th 08 05:55 PM
by Eric Go to last post
11 577
gpsinformation.org by Jack Yeazel
Hi Folk, This portion of gpsinformation.net, .org, .us, and .info, has been experiencing server problems, and they have not (yet) been resolved... Sorry to inconvenience you... -- Jack Get general GPS information at: http://www.gpsinformation.net/
January 27th 08 03:29 PM
by Jack Yeazel Go to last post
5 224
Airline navigation threatened by plasma plumes - New Scientist - yeson GPS topic by [email protected]
Mysterious plumes of plasma at the edge of the Earth's atmosphere are threatening airline navigation by throwing off GPS positioning information by up to the length of a football field. But a poor understanding of how the plumes form means that accurate forecasts of the phenomena - which would allow GPS users to plan around them - are years away. Scientists have long understood that outbursts...
January 27th 08 02:30 AM
by Ted Go to last post

From The