How to inject gps data into DV videocam via firewire ? by Darius
Hi, I can control my DV videocam from Ulead video studio run on PC via firewire like play, stop, rewind, record and the like. I would like to use firewire to have my remote gps device to inject gps data in video frames in record mode to have them geotagged. I don't expect each videocam showing such feature but i would be nice to build and use such gps videocam.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 27th 08 04:55 PM
by Eric Go to last post
11 613
gpsinformation.org by Jack Yeazel
Hi Folk, This portion of gpsinformation.net, .org, .us, and .info, has been experiencing server problems, and they have not (yet) been resolved... Sorry to inconvenience you... -- Jack Get general GPS information at: http://www.gpsinformation.net/
January 27th 08 02:29 PM
by Jack Yeazel Go to last post
5 260
Airline navigation threatened by plasma plumes - New Scientist - yeson GPS topic by [email protected]
Mysterious plumes of plasma at the edge of the Earth's atmosphere are threatening airline navigation by throwing off GPS positioning information by up to the length of a football field. But a poor understanding of how the plumes form means that accurate forecasts of the phenomena - which would allow GPS users to plan around them - are years away. Scientists have long understood that outbursts...
January 27th 08 01:30 AM
by Ted Go to last post
2 268
Inrix provides great info on traffic issue with GPS devices by jeffcarp
I own a Garmin 760 with FM traffic by Clear Channel (which uses Inrix data). I also own Inrix's own Windows Mobile traffic application. Lately, I've noticed that the Garmin traffic data contains only a fraction of the activity that the Inrix app shows. Specifically, when it comes to flow, Inrix's app shows even 5 - 10 mph difference in flow, while Garmin shows no activity at all. I contacted...
January 26th 08 07:14 PM
by Darius Go to last post
4 331
Online L1 Rinxex processing? by [email protected]
Does anyone know of an online L1 processing service that will take a rinex file and post process to give you position and accuracy statistics? I've recorded 12 hours of L1 code and carrier phase data at 1 Hz and I have it converted to Rinex format. I'm interested in both the antenna position and an idea on the quality of the data. I've found things like GPSTK, but most of these tools and other...
January 26th 08 07:07 PM
by SKM-PSN#55 Go to last post
5 381
Join Global Surveyors by Global Surveyor
Hi there. My name is Scott Taylor. I am a Land and Engineering Surveyor from Sydney Australia. My website Global Surveyors www.globalsurveyors.com.au is set up to help promote surveyors and anyone interested in measurement, gps, surveying etc.
January 26th 08 09:32 AM
by Global Surveyor Go to last post
0 200
Village shaken by GPS-driven tank invasion by [email protected]
The Shropshire village of Donnington has suffered repeated invasions by transporters bearing 70-tonne tanks because the drivers' sat navs have mistaken the "picturesque" enclave with a nearby barracks of the same name. The correct destination for the heavy metal is 15 miles away close to Telford, the Times reports, but residents say "tanks and other armoured vehicles arrived on their doorstep as...
January 25th 08 03:30 PM
by Kent Mere Go to last post
7 607
man seen on mars? by saya
Mysterious dark rings If this isn't life on Mars, what is it? Mysterious dark rings near polar sand dunes in NASA images are compared to shadows rendered by 3D computer models. watch the NASA video here http://lifeonmars-vids.blogspot.com/
January 25th 08 12:18 PM
by saya Go to last post
0 232
estimating error in my GPS position. by Charlie[_3_]
Hello all, I have a time series of GPS positions, longitude and latitude, from a drifter at the top of the ocean, and I am trying to estimate the velocity of surface drift. What I am doing is taking the difference between my first and last longitude coordinate and convert them to meters. This gives me my "delta x", and dividing by the time over which this occurred "delta t"
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 23rd 08 11:46 PM
by T Driver Go to last post
14 691
AVG antivirus new version...... by [email protected]
AVG antivirus new version...... With firewall...and..blocking system..... free trial for 1 year...... free download from below... *************************************************** http://advanceharddisk.blogspot.com/ ***************************************************
January 23rd 08 11:38 AM
Time Square Ball Discrepency by Joel
I watched the ball come down tonight on TV and turned on my Garmin iQue 3600 to do the countdown and there was a 7 second discrepency (the ABC TV clock and the Ball happened 7 seconds after when my Garmin said it was midnight in NYC). So I just assummed that since I had not turned on the unit in about a day, perhaps the clock on the iQue was out of sync. So I sync'd my watch to the iQue and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 23rd 08 02:38 AM
by RWW Go to last post
14 557
Garmin TOPO US 2008 vs Google Terrain Map by [email protected]
Garmin's latest TOPO US 2008 map with terrain shading is a definite improvement over the previous vesion of the topo map. But I've been wondering about the following: 1) Why didn't they pull the street location and name from the City Navigator maps? The accuracy of the street locations in the topo 2008 map are not that great. Get the contour lines and elecation information from the topo...
January 23rd 08 12:16 AM
by Ed Go to last post
3 227
test by Marko[_2_]
test
January 22nd 08 04:50 PM
by I. Care[_2_] Go to last post
1 183
GPS tracking software by [email protected]
Hi, I'm looking into trying to track two of my company vehicles. What i would like to do is purchase some sort of SAT RECIEVER and install in the vehicles in question and then be able to track these two GPS devices on some sort of software. As y ou can tell, i don't know that much about GPS software... I know that there are companies who do this sort of system for a fix price per day/month,...
January 22nd 08 04:36 PM
by Jack Yeazel Go to last post
1 219
Philly Parking authority use GPS to recovery vistor luggage by Bill Cotton
http://www.myfoxphilly.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=5549292&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1 First on Fox: Parking Authority Recovers Visitor's Precious Gift Last Edited: Monday, 21 Jan 2008, 10:51 PM EST Created: Monday, 21 Jan 2008, 10:29 PM EST Cornelia Meuller plays the drum she thought she'd lost forever until the Phila. Parking...
January 22nd 08 11:22 AM
by Bill Cotton Go to last post
0 221
question on UTC/TAI by Otavio Exel
Hello List, I've allways thought that my computer clock was set to UTC I'm positive that GPSs should keep their clock in TAI yesterday, I checked my computer's clock against my GPS's and, to my complete surprise, they are in sync!!! so it looks like I was wrong; does GPSs (eTrex Legend in this case) show UTC time or TAI time? s,
January 21st 08 03:44 PM
GPS tracking method by mustag
may i know what is the exact difference between 2-d & 3-d method in Gps tracking
January 21st 08 01:24 PM
by mustag Go to last post
0 236
Link says it all really - Nuvi comparison table by [email protected]
http://www.navigadget.com/index.php/2008/01/20/the-ultimate-nuvi-comparison-table/
January 21st 08 12:43 PM
LOVE AND LOVE ONLY by [email protected]
LOVE AND LOVE ONLY FOR WORLD OF PEOPLES SO LOVE FOREVER *************************************************************** http://memorysolution.blogspot.com/ ***************************************************************
January 21st 08 12:24 PM
Problem with drawing vehicle historical tracks on MapXtreme JavaEdition by [email protected]
Hello. I have an urgent problem and would hope to get some technical advice here. I am working on a Java-based fleet management system which uses MapInfo MapXtreme Java Edition servlet technology for its GIS. We track vehicles on the road using GPS and positional info are sent back to the backend system through GPRS and stored in the database. We have a playback function where the individual...
January 21st 08 05:10 AM

From The