GPS receiver and HTC touch by [email protected]
Hi, I got HTC touch and now I want to use it for navigation. I have limited knowledge of GPS, I want to know if this set supports it? it doesn't seem to have a GPS receiver. If I have to purchase an external reciever then which one should be ideal? Thanks
January 1st 08 09:19 PM
by Keith Go to last post
1 185
GPS units for truckers by [email protected]
Hi, my brother is a truck driver and I'd like to get a GPS unit for him. He said he's talked to other truckers that swear by them but he didn't get the manufacturer or make. I'm finding very little on the web about trucking specific units. The Magellan unit I looked at explicitly warned that bridge heights are not included in their database. I have an email sent to Garmin asking about this...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 1st 08 06:33 PM
by Dale DePriest Go to last post
17 461
SIRF STAR vs Other GPS chipsets by bharath_r
Hi, I have a NavSync CW19 GPS receiver which uses a Ceva chipset. I would like to know the difference between Sirf Star family chipsets and other chipsets available. Is a receiver which uses Sirf Star chipset more accurate than other receivers? Thanks bharath
January 1st 08 12:42 AM
by Keith Go to last post
7 368
Navman accused of price fixing. by John Tserkezis
Primarily of interest to Australians only, I thought this would be very dodgy considering the better reputation Navman (with the novices at least) has here among the GPS crowd. I really didn't think that the satnav industry was this cut-throat. http://business.smh.com.au/navigation-maker-fined-125m-after-steering-wrong-course/20071226-1j1x.html SATELLITE navigation maker Navman has...
December 31st 07 08:55 PM
by Joel Koltner Go to last post
1 263
Plot your GPS data with GPS time of week and UTC time on the x-axis by Glenn MacGougan
I've put together an open source app, plot2d (http:// plot2d.sourceforge.net), for plotting data (from ASCII files, almost any delimiter) directly to a compressed image. It uses a simple ASCII options file. It can also generate statistics for each series. The program lets you plot GPS time of week and UTC time on the x-axis. The project is still in the Alpha development stage. I'm looking...
December 31st 07 06:25 PM
by Glenn MacGougan Go to last post
1 180
GPS Simulator Validation by Sastry
Hi All, The are tests, Core Test Plans etc. clearly defined for receivers. Are they any agencies or something like that for certifying or validating simulators? For examples, how does claim that one's simulator is fine and acceptable? Sastry
December 31st 07 01:11 PM
by Sastry Go to last post
0 170
what else spoils GPS signal reception by Otavio Exel
hello All, note: fisrt post in this group; please, be gentle :-) the avenue where I work is lousy for GPS reception: many and very tall buildings on either side, lots of TV and FM antennae's around... but I notice that sometimes I drive the entire 3km without locking a single satellite while some other times I lock 3 or 4 in 5min;
December 30th 07 04:52 PM
by Tom H. Go to last post
9 330
Mac OS X equivalent to SiRFDemo? by isw
Google was not my friend... I need to send commands to a puck USB-GPS unit, and I *think* it might understand SiRF-speak. Isaac
December 30th 07 04:19 AM
by isw Go to last post
0 356
GPS antenna compatability by PeterK
I have a Garmin GA27A antenna that I use with a 12XL. I believe it requires a 5v feed from the GPS to operate (used to be technical spec sheets on the Garmin site years ago?). I would like to use the antenna on a GPS enabled PDA (Asus A639) but can find no reference to requirements/specification. Is there any info on the web on external antenna - are they all active antenna? Any grounds to...
December 30th 07 02:53 AM
by John Go to last post
2 254
How To Get Elevations From GE ?? by Happy Trails
Is there any way to extract elevation info from Google Earth for a set of points or lines, to use in another program to make contour lines, etc?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 29th 07 04:51 PM
by Happy Trails Go to last post
12 406
Old Vs. New Street Names by Happy Trails
In many large Asian cities, and elsewhere too, I would guess, major street names have been replaced by usually egotistical regimes wishing to assert their idiocy. Thus major thoroughfares are referred to by tourists by their new names, as that is what is mandated for printing on new maps, while locals know the streets, in most cases, only by the old names they have been using forever. This...
December 29th 07 01:32 PM
by Mike Lane Go to last post
1 183
Do You Need Millennium Plus GPS Car Tracking? by virig[_2_]
....Most people don't even think about GPS let alone what it can do for them. When cars are stolen they usually are striped of parts and the owner loses money even with insurance. This problem drives up the cost of auto insurance... http://comarticles.googlepages.com/millennium_plus_gps_car_tracking
December 29th 07 01:11 PM
by Richard Owlett Go to last post
1 173
RTK and Attitude by [email protected]
Low cost MEMS gyroscopes perfrome reasonabley well in all aspects but drift. They drift way too much to be used for a vertical gyro reference. You can buy expensive gps based multi antenna attitude systems that have multiple common clock receivers. These do real time RTK calculations to determine attitude. Is it possible to do something at lower cost? My Applicaiton is a earth based hovering...
December 29th 07 06:44 AM
by Glenn MacGougan Go to last post
1 210
Costa Rica Road Map for Garmin 680 by LFW
I received a Garmin 680 and am looking for a source of road maps for Costa Rica. I am having difficulty locating a source and am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. Thanks
December 28th 07 03:50 PM
by LFW Go to last post
0 648
News groups for Garmin Automotive GPS? by trailgalore
Anyone have a list of newsgroups in Yahoo, Google, Usenet, etc, for postings on Garmin Automotive GPS's?
December 28th 07 02:59 PM
by Rich[_2_] Go to last post
2 225
Popular GSP Devices by virig[_2_]
....Today, GPS is used by people from all walks of life and advances in technology have made possible integration of GPS receivers into all types of handheld devices, even modern day cell phones come equipped with GPS receivers. To better understand GPS, it is important to understand how GPS works... http://gadgetsupdates.googlepages.com/popular_gsp_devices
December 27th 07 07:47 PM
by David L. Wilson Go to last post
4 237
Improve gas mileage without damaging your car by using GPS by Hans-Georg Michna
The most elegant way to improve effective gas mileage, i.e. mimize fuel used to get from your starting point to your destination, is to use a GPS to find the best way and to avoid getting lost and driving unwanted detours. (:-) Hans-Georg -- No mail, please.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 26th 07 08:00 PM
by Michael Heiming Go to last post
10 497
Geodetic software development by Fred
Dear software developer, GeoDLL supports the development of geodetic software on various platforms by providing geodetic functions. GeoDLL contains precise functions of the themes 2D and 3D coordinate transformation, geodetic datum shift and reference system conversion, meridian strip changing, user defined coordinate and reference systems, distance calculation, Digital Elevation Model and map...
December 26th 07 02:03 PM
by Fred Go to last post
0 193
NASA SENT FIRST CONCLUSION CONCERNING EARTHQUAKE PREDICTION by meteoquake
CLOUD FORMATION ON THE FAULT LINES http://www.meteoquake.org As the tectonic forces push the plates or sections of the plate against each other of past each other, stresses build up in some subvolume of rocks. At constant speed of the pushing, the stresses increase non-linearly, meaning the they will sooner or later "go through the roof" (that's when the EQ occurs). But before that "point of no...
December 26th 07 03:33 AM
by John Tserkezis Go to last post
2 244
Recommendations to replace Garmin SP 2610? by Choco
Any suggestions to replace the 2610? Not necessarily limited to Garmin. I see some with larger display screens. This will be used in a car. Thanks & Merry Christmas to all. -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 26th 07 12:11 AM
by Mike Lane Go to last post

From The