Re the MI5 postings ! by [email protected]
His name is Mike Corley and he has been around for quite a few years now. He does seem to have recently expanded his horizons and is posting to a more varied selection of newsgroups so, perhaps, he has just become more visible. He has got mentions on WikiPedia and there are a number of web pages that explain (as far you can for someone like him) what he is on about. For...
January 3rd 08 05:29 AM
by Harald Hanche-Olsen Go to last post
4 348
How to access free D-GPS corrections over internet/web ? by Darius
Hi, tell me what is a a right place to access Differential GPS corrections over the net / www. I mean free service from ground-based stations, to see how it works. Darius ..
January 2nd 08 04:23 PM
by claudegps Go to last post
3 285
Free Internet-based Differential-GPS (ground stations based) R&DProject (please join) by Darius
Hi, If you are interested in developmnet of free Internet-based local Differential-GPS (ground stations based) system (R&D Project) please join me with your needs, ideas and interest. To develop just to see how it works in practice and have it implemented into TomTom Go 920 navigation device. Low-scale local pocket money development.
January 1st 08 11:43 PM
by Darius Go to last post
2 242
GPS receiver and HTC touch by [email protected]
Hi, I got HTC touch and now I want to use it for navigation. I have limited knowledge of GPS, I want to know if this set supports it? it doesn't seem to have a GPS receiver. If I have to purchase an external reciever then which one should be ideal? Thanks
January 1st 08 08:19 PM
by Keith Go to last post
1 197
GPS units for truckers by [email protected]
Hi, my brother is a truck driver and I'd like to get a GPS unit for him. He said he's talked to other truckers that swear by them but he didn't get the manufacturer or make. I'm finding very little on the web about trucking specific units. The Magellan unit I looked at explicitly warned that bridge heights are not included in their database. I have an email sent to Garmin asking about this...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 1st 08 05:33 PM
by Dale DePriest Go to last post
17 505
SIRF STAR vs Other GPS chipsets by bharath_r
Hi, I have a NavSync CW19 GPS receiver which uses a Ceva chipset. I would like to know the difference between Sirf Star family chipsets and other chipsets available. Is a receiver which uses Sirf Star chipset more accurate than other receivers? Thanks bharath
December 31st 07 11:42 PM
by Keith Go to last post
7 394
Navman accused of price fixing. by John Tserkezis
Primarily of interest to Australians only, I thought this would be very dodgy considering the better reputation Navman (with the novices at least) has here among the GPS crowd. I really didn't think that the satnav industry was this cut-throat. http://business.smh.com.au/navigation-maker-fined-125m-after-steering-wrong-course/20071226-1j1x.html SATELLITE navigation maker Navman has...
December 31st 07 07:55 PM
by Joel Koltner Go to last post
1 317
Plot your GPS data with GPS time of week and UTC time on the x-axis by Glenn MacGougan
I've put together an open source app, plot2d (http:// plot2d.sourceforge.net), for plotting data (from ASCII files, almost any delimiter) directly to a compressed image. It uses a simple ASCII options file. It can also generate statistics for each series. The program lets you plot GPS time of week and UTC time on the x-axis. The project is still in the Alpha development stage. I'm looking...
December 31st 07 05:25 PM
by Glenn MacGougan Go to last post
1 201
GPS Simulator Validation by Sastry
Hi All, The are tests, Core Test Plans etc. clearly defined for receivers. Are they any agencies or something like that for certifying or validating simulators? For examples, how does claim that one's simulator is fine and acceptable? Sastry
December 31st 07 12:11 PM
by Sastry Go to last post
0 193
what else spoils GPS signal reception by Otavio Exel
hello All, note: fisrt post in this group; please, be gentle :-) the avenue where I work is lousy for GPS reception: many and very tall buildings on either side, lots of TV and FM antennae's around... but I notice that sometimes I drive the entire 3km without locking a single satellite while some other times I lock 3 or 4 in 5min;
December 30th 07 03:52 PM
by Tom H. Go to last post
9 396
Mac OS X equivalent to SiRFDemo? by isw
Google was not my friend... I need to send commands to a puck USB-GPS unit, and I *think* it might understand SiRF-speak. Isaac
December 30th 07 03:19 AM
by isw Go to last post
0 388
GPS antenna compatability by PeterK
I have a Garmin GA27A antenna that I use with a 12XL. I believe it requires a 5v feed from the GPS to operate (used to be technical spec sheets on the Garmin site years ago?). I would like to use the antenna on a GPS enabled PDA (Asus A639) but can find no reference to requirements/specification. Is there any info on the web on external antenna - are they all active antenna? Any grounds to...
December 30th 07 01:53 AM
by John Go to last post
2 275
How To Get Elevations From GE ?? by Happy Trails
Is there any way to extract elevation info from Google Earth for a set of points or lines, to use in another program to make contour lines, etc?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 29th 07 03:51 PM
by Happy Trails Go to last post
12 452
Old Vs. New Street Names by Happy Trails
In many large Asian cities, and elsewhere too, I would guess, major street names have been replaced by usually egotistical regimes wishing to assert their idiocy. Thus major thoroughfares are referred to by tourists by their new names, as that is what is mandated for printing on new maps, while locals know the streets, in most cases, only by the old names they have been using forever. This...
December 29th 07 12:32 PM
by Mike Lane Go to last post
1 204
Do You Need Millennium Plus GPS Car Tracking? by virig[_2_]
....Most people don't even think about GPS let alone what it can do for them. When cars are stolen they usually are striped of parts and the owner loses money even with insurance. This problem drives up the cost of auto insurance... http://comarticles.googlepages.com/millennium_plus_gps_car_tracking
December 29th 07 12:11 PM
by Richard Owlett Go to last post
1 188
RTK and Attitude by [email protected]
Low cost MEMS gyroscopes perfrome reasonabley well in all aspects but drift. They drift way too much to be used for a vertical gyro reference. You can buy expensive gps based multi antenna attitude systems that have multiple common clock receivers. These do real time RTK calculations to determine attitude. Is it possible to do something at lower cost? My Applicaiton is a earth based hovering...
December 29th 07 05:44 AM
by Glenn MacGougan Go to last post
1 239
Costa Rica Road Map for Garmin 680 by LFW
I received a Garmin 680 and am looking for a source of road maps for Costa Rica. I am having difficulty locating a source and am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. Thanks
December 28th 07 02:50 PM
by LFW Go to last post
0 664
News groups for Garmin Automotive GPS? by trailgalore
Anyone have a list of newsgroups in Yahoo, Google, Usenet, etc, for postings on Garmin Automotive GPS's?
December 28th 07 01:59 PM
by Rich[_2_] Go to last post
2 242
Popular GSP Devices by virig[_2_]
....Today, GPS is used by people from all walks of life and advances in technology have made possible integration of GPS receivers into all types of handheld devices, even modern day cell phones come equipped with GPS receivers. To better understand GPS, it is important to understand how GPS works... http://gadgetsupdates.googlepages.com/popular_gsp_devices
December 27th 07 06:47 PM
by David L. Wilson Go to last post
4 263
Improve gas mileage without damaging your car by using GPS by Hans-Georg Michna
The most elegant way to improve effective gas mileage, i.e. mimize fuel used to get from your starting point to your destination, is to use a GPS to find the best way and to avoid getting lost and driving unwanted detours. (:-) Hans-Georg -- No mail, please.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 26th 07 07:00 PM
by Michael Heiming Go to last post

From The