Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Roger Mills[_2_]
Forum: uk.rec.gps (UK Sat Nav) September 1st 17, 05:57 PM Posted to uk.rec.gps,alt.satellite.gps
Replies: 3
Posted By Roger Mills[_2_]
How can I recover from TomTom map update interruption? [SORTED}

On 26/08/2017 22:13, Roger Mills wrote:
My TomTom Via135 personal navigation device came with Western Europe
maps with free lifetime updates.

I also purchased an Australia map with 12 months...
Forum: uk.rec.gps (UK Sat Nav) August 26th 17, 10:13 PM Posted to uk.rec.gps,alt.satellite.gps
Replies: 3
Posted By Roger Mills[_2_]
How can I recover from TomTom map update interruption?

My TomTom Via135 personal navigation device came with Western Europe
maps with free lifetime updates.

I also purchased an Australia map with 12 months of updates when I
visited Australia...
Forum: uk.rec.gps (UK Sat Nav) October 9th 15, 10:40 AM Posted to uk.rec.gps
Replies: 1
Posted By Roger Mills[_2_]
A Specifically GPS magazine?

On 08/10/2015 23:39, BML wrote:
Is there a magazine published specifically published on GPS devices?

I don't know of a hard-copy magazine (but that's not to say that there
aren't any!)
Forum: uk.rec.gps (UK Sat Nav) June 28th 15, 04:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.gps
Replies: 2
Posted By Roger Mills[_2_]
Uk maps on tomtom go 50 USA

On 28/06/2015 14:10, momer79 wrote:
Hi,

Do i have to pay to install UK maps on tomtom go 50 USA device? It comes
with free life time updates but not sure if i will be able to install uk
Forum: uk.rec.gps (UK Sat Nav) March 3rd 15, 10:50 PM Posted to uk.rec.gps
Replies: 1
Posted By Roger Mills[_2_]
Selectable voice instructions

On 03/03/2015 00:16, warthog01 wrote:
Hi

I'm looking for an offline Android SatNav app, free or paid. All the
most popular versions: Co Pilot, NavFree, Sygic, OsmAnd, MapFactor etc
are...
Forum: sci.geo.satellite-nav (Global Satellite Navigation) October 12th 14, 08:14 PM Posted to comp.mobile.ipad,alt.satellite.gps,sci.geo.satellite-nav
Replies: 25
Posted By Roger Mills[_2_]
Can I use my iPad to geolocate to a point without havingcellular?

On 12/10/2014 18:24, Lewis wrote:
Okay, so one time? In band camp? Roger was all, like:
On 11/10/2014 22:52, Lewis wrote:[i]
Okay, so one time? In band camp?...
Forum: sci.geo.satellite-nav (Global Satellite Navigation) October 12th 14, 11:24 AM Posted to comp.mobile.ipad,alt.satellite.gps,sci.geo.satellite-nav
Replies: 25
Posted By Roger Mills[_2_]
Can I use my iPad to geolocate to a point without havingcellular?

On 11/10/2014 22:52, Lewis wrote:
Okay, so one time? In band camp? Roger was all, like:

Any "old-fashioned" map-less hand-held GPS (e.g. Garmin 12) will do...
Forum: sci.geo.satellite-nav (Global Satellite Navigation) October 11th 14, 09:02 PM Posted to comp.mobile.ipad,alt.satellite.gps,sci.geo.satellite-nav
Replies: 25
Posted By Roger Mills[_2_]
Can I use my iPad to geolocate to a point without having cellular?

On 11/10/2014 20:50, Jim Pierson wrote:
On Sat, 11 Oct 2014 18:54:40 +0000, Patty Winter wrote:

If you want something that will route you via roads or trails, you need
an app that's...
Forum: uk.rec.gps (UK Sat Nav) May 30th 14, 05:50 PM Posted to uk.rec.gps
Replies: 10
Posted By Roger Mills[_2_]
What form of digital Ordnance survey mapping?

On 30/05/2014 14:27, BML wrote:

I have a 2004 memory-map which I've not used for years. When I
attempted to load it onto my new computer I discovered that memory - map
no longer support the...
Forum: uk.rec.gps (UK Sat Nav) November 26th 13, 01:44 PM Posted to uk.rec.gps
Replies: 8
Posted By Roger Mills[_2_]
SatMap price reductions

On 23/11/2013 18:45, Cliff Coggin wrote:
Satmap have announced some major price reductions on their maps because,
they say, OS have reduced the royalty demands. Most of the 1:25000 county
maps...
Forum: uk.rec.gps (UK Sat Nav) December 31st 12, 12:29 PM Posted to uk.rec.gps
Replies: 10
Posted By Roger Mills[_2_]
Variation in speed reported by GPS

On 30/12/2012 21:20, NY wrote:
Am I correct in understanding that GPS receivers calculate the speed of
the receiver (eg when travelling in a moving vehicle) by calculating the
distance moved...
Forum: uk.rec.gps (UK Sat Nav) June 9th 11, 11:08 AM Posted to uk.rec.gps
Replies: 5
Posted By Roger Mills[_2_]
Sat Nav Post Code Complaint any help?

On 09/06/2011 00:55, Craig Wallace wrote:

Most GPS devices use map data from either TeleAtlas or Navteq. You can
report errors on their websites:
Forum: uk.rec.gps (UK Sat Nav) June 4th 11, 10:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.gps
Replies: 50
Posted By Roger Mills[_2_]
Map accuracy

On 04/06/2011 17:55, Steve Firth wrote:
Roger wrote:
On 04/06/2011 11:43, Cliff Coggin wrote:

Well perhaps you are right, but if the screen resolution is...
Forum: uk.rec.gps (UK Sat Nav) June 4th 11, 03:55 PM Posted to uk.rec.gps
Replies: 50
Posted By Roger Mills[_2_]
Map accuracy

On 04/06/2011 11:43, Cliff Coggin wrote:

Well perhaps you are right, but if the screen resolution is finer than I can
see there is no point in me getting a better screen.

Indeed. My main...
Forum: uk.rec.gps (UK Sat Nav) May 8th 11, 02:08 PM Posted to uk.rec.gps
Replies: 50
Posted By Roger Mills[_2_]
Map accuracy

On 08/05/2011 11:31, Cliff Coggin wrote:

In the absence of a smartphone I decided to buy the only dedicated GPS
device with a positive recommendation he the Satmap Active 10. (Thank you
Forum: uk.rec.gps (UK Sat Nav) May 4th 11, 06:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.gps
Replies: 50
Posted By Roger Mills[_2_]
Map accuracy

On 04/05/2011 15:39, Mike Clark wrote:

The effect of it making sudden jumps to and away from a nearby road
could still also be dependent on it having a "lock to road" feature in
the...
Forum: uk.rec.gps (UK Sat Nav) May 3rd 11, 03:18 PM Posted to uk.rec.gps
Replies: 50
Posted By Roger Mills[_2_]
Map accuracy

On 03/05/2011 12:28, Cliff Coggin wrote:
wrote in message

Comparing land and sea...
Forum: uk.rec.gps (UK Sat Nav) May 2nd 11, 05:10 PM Posted to uk.rec.gps
Replies: 50
Posted By Roger Mills[_2_]
Map accuracy

On 02/05/2011 12:37, Cliff Coggin wrote:
"Roger wrote in message
On 01/05/2011 18:54, Cliff Coggin wrote:
I am looking...
Forum: uk.rec.gps (UK Sat Nav) May 2nd 11, 10:44 AM Posted to uk.rec.gps
Replies: 50
Posted By Roger Mills[_2_]
Map accuracy

On 01/05/2011 18:54, Cliff Coggin wrote:
I am looking to buy my first hand held satnav for navigation on hill walking
holidays in the UK. All the reviews I have read suggest the maps are crap,
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19