Android tomtom postcodes

Old January 24th 13, 08:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gps
Jack Rabbitt

Default Android tomtom postcodes

Hi all,

I am running tomtom android map v9.00 uk ( which i think is the latest one
out ), but it does not recognise my postcode.

My postcode has been available in maps since around the v8.65 mark, works
fine on my PDA and PND. ( on their v8.xx maps )

Any ideas how i can update the android postcode file? Is it the same thing
where you need to download the .postal file and stick it into the .zip
folder.

Thanks

Jack,

Old October 24th 13, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gps
[email protected]

On Thursday, 24 January 2013 21:29:25 UTC, Jack Rabbitt wrote:
Hi all,

I am running tomtom android map v9.00 uk ( which i think is the latest one

out ), but it does not recognise my postcode.

My postcode has been available in maps since around the v8.65 mark, works

fine on my PDA and PND. ( on their v8.xx maps )

Any ideas how i can update the android postcode file? Is it the same thing

where you need to download the .postal file and stick it into the .zip

folder.

Thanks

Jack,

Same problem, my home postcode works fine on tomtom devices and IOS, but android version can't find my postcode. useless product as last three postcode searches could not be found and have had to revert back to using google maps for android. If you going to charge me money for an app, least make it work. Useless app won't even let me rate it as useless. very disappointed in tomtom now.