Which SatNav for newbie ?

Old April 20th 14, 02:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gps
Doug Weller

Default Which SatNav for newbie ?

If you want good traffic information and routing around problems, the
TomTom Go Live series is best - uses a number of different sources
including the Highway Agency.
Doug
--
Doug Weller --
A Director and Moderator of The Hall of Ma'at http://www.hallofmaat.com

Old September 2nd 14, 08:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gps
Nick Le Lievre

"furkin" wrote in message ...

So far - the G 2595 still seems a good deal. It does have Bluetooth
facility - - mmmmmm,,,,,,,,, -I wonder if it uses my radio system for
output. I'll try to get hold of Garmin.

I am in the same boat as you, have free GPS software on my iPhone but its
very limited and I have been toying with the idea of getting a dedicated Sat
Nav for some time. In the end I went for one of these
http://tinyurl.com/nw4jzy9 with free lifetime map updates! A decent basic
GPS.

Old September 2nd 14, 09:36 AM
furkin furkin is offline
Junior Member

Location: Cornwall - U.K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Le Lievre View Post
I am in the same boat as you, have free GPS software on my iPhone but its
very limited and I have been toying with the idea of getting a dedicated Sat
Nav for some time. In the end I went for one of these
http://tinyurl.com/nw4jzy9 with free lifetime map updates! A decent basic
GPS.
Thanks for that.
I did buy the 2959, but it had to go back.
I was spoilt by the satellite images on the smart phone, against the 'drawn' maps of sat-navs, plus mine wouldn't hold a battery charge.
I've been usine the phone, but sparingly.
Since my post, they seem to have got smarter, so might look into it again.
Hope you get on u,k with yours.