Threads in Forum : uk.rec.gps (UK Sat Nav) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
nio map V2 on miomap A201 great--but something i don't like by SiGreen10
miomap V2, it has advantages like input by geographic coordinates, and off road map capability but one thing really bugs me .. why oh why did they take away on the V2 version the "view route by turn by turn listing", with an ability to easily remove roads sections so it could tweak the planned route as before, its really difficult to see what the route is its planned, you have to follow it by...
January 1st 06 09:03 PM
by SiGreen10 Go to last post
0 200
Medion Navigator by Bob Watkinson
Anyone know why my mapping CD appears to be blank? Have I a dodgy disk?
January 1st 06 10:56 AM
by Bob Watkinson Go to last post
2 301
clearing tomtom recent journeys by The Prof.
Hi all, Just a quick question, how do i clear the recent journey list on the tomtom ? either on the device itself, or removing a file etc? thanks!
January 1st 06 08:05 AM
by APK1 Go to last post
4 265
Mio 168 / AA Navigator by JC
First post so greetings from NI. Brother has a Mio 168 with AA Navigator (Navtech powered I think?) installed on it. Was provided by his work as he travels a lot within Northern Ireland. The system as originally supplied came with GB&I maps, POI etc but apparently it had a few bugs and before he received his it was provided with Ireland only and no POI's. However in the box there's three...
January 1st 06 12:17 AM
by JC Go to last post
3 367
Navman icn320- Possible fault? by Steve
Just received one for Christmas. Anyway, I was playing around with it last night (the navman) and was entering places I'd either lived or worked at, all where found using the address finder except for one which is Broadway in Liverpool. it will list broadways all over britain but not the one in Liverpool, It could not find Broad lane either, but when i entered the post code L11 8 it found...
December 31st 05 02:00 PM
by Steve Go to last post
0 321
GPS Newbie Question by Mike Saunders
I have a Garmin GPSmap 60cs, with the Position Format set to British Grid, and the Map Datum set to Ord Srvy GB. For the position of my house, the Grid Ref indicated on the GPS is spot on. However, I live on a main A-road and on the GPS base map, the road is shown as being 0.4 miles way. Also if I import a route (straight down the A-road) from mapping software, the route is also offset...
December 31st 05 09:09 AM
by Nigel Cliffe Go to last post
3 306
FA: Toshiba Laptop, IPAQ & Fortuna Bluetooth GPS, Ladies Sketcher Trainers by Labbe
Please see: http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZabbott303 Thanks for looking.
December 30th 05 08:48 PM
by Labbe Go to last post
0 241
Is there any GPS software for Apple Macs? by JB
My brother uses Macs and is getting a Garmin ???(I don't know the model) hanheld GPS unit for a pressie. Is there any software he can buy for his Mac to upload/download routes and locations, even maps to the handheld device? Sorry to seem vague, but this is not my bag at all, and he doesn't frequent the newsgroups.. cheers, JB
December 30th 05 05:29 PM
by RichardC Go to last post
6 305
Mio map V2 or TomTom Navigator 5 ? by Greg
Hi All Just a quick query I am a newby to GPS, I am thinking of buying a Mio A201 , they are 40 cheaper with the Mio map V2 than with the TomTom navigator V5. Is it worth paying the extra for the TomTom ? Any opinions would be appreciated Thanks
December 30th 05 04:05 PM
by SiGreen10 Go to last post
3 333
Tom Tom vif and chk files by aardvark5
I've noticed in the SOUNDS directory are all the languages. Is there a program that will play these files so that I can delete some and add others?
December 30th 05 02:23 PM
by aardvark5 Go to last post
2 319
Need new GPS receiver for my Mobile by aardvark5
Some git has knicked my Tom Tom Mobile bluetooth receiver out of my car and I need a new one. Does anybody know a cheaper alternative to the Tom Tom's receiver that will work in England with no problems. My phone is a Nokia 6630 if that makes any difference. Thanks
December 30th 05 01:12 PM
by aardvark5 Go to last post
7 338
Structure of TomTom voice .chk files by Oenone
I don't know if this is the appropriate place to ask, so here goes anyway. :) Does anyone know of a document which will detail the internal structure of ..chk files, as used by the TomTom devices for their voices? I can see that it's a table of contents of some description followed by the raw .ogg files that form the spoken instructions, but haven't yet figured out exactly what goes in the...
December 30th 05 10:34 AM
by Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com Go to last post
3 319
Garmin i3 waypoints by John Bean
Today I bought an i3 (from Argos, 159) and I'm pleased with it after a bad first experience. I also have a eTrex Venture that I use for walking and for simple road navigation in conjuncion with Fugawi UK mapping. So to the question: I can define "waypoints" on the i3 only by marking the current location - which automatically saves it as a "favourite". Is there any way I can import the waypoints...
1 269
Tom Tom Go 300 or 500 or something else? by The Invisible Man
Newbie here so if there is a faq or somewhere better to post this please let me know I have a CoPilot 6. My wife reckons this looks a bit complicated. Mainly because I often want to go a certain way and on a 400 mile trip this means putting in a few waypoints and checking which way CoPilot intends taking us. Although my wife is PC literate she wants something she just has to put an...
December 29th 05 08:30 AM
by Tumbleweed Go to last post
2 268
Medion GPS cheap in Halfords - but is mine OK? by Jonathan
I bought a Medion PNA 250 (aka MD96800) in Aldi when it dropped from 229 to 199. Seems fine to me. However, in Halfords, I've just seen th PNA 100 for 200 and the PNA 175 for 175, which are both half price. Question is: Are they better/the same models (the pna100 seems to be portrait screen, rather than widescreen of the others), and should I be visiting Aldi for refund?!? On the medion...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 29th 05 08:27 AM
by Brian L Johnson Go to last post
20 1,006
Lost Disc! by Chris
Help, I've lost my "application cd" from my TomTom Navigator 5 upgrade pack, I still have all maps and product code. Is it possible to down load this disc from somewhere or is paying tomtom again the only answer? Thanks, Chris
December 28th 05 09:16 PM
by Chris Go to last post
2 340
TT Navigator -Dell Axim X5 by Scout
Hi Anyone one using the above set up and requiring to increase the volume might like to take a look at this: Silver Shield Dell Axim X5 Amplified Speaker Mount for GPS Navigation http://www.pdamods.com/proddetail.asp?prod=SPKDLX5&cat=54 32.89 (inc Vat)
December 28th 05 05:20 PM
by Scout Go to last post
2 341
Mio Update by Retired
I've just got my Mio update, accompanied by a letter apologising for the delay which was due to Mio's "uncompromising approach to testing and simulation" The letter tells the recipient to follow the steps described in the enclosed instruction sheet. Unfortunately their uncompromising quality assurance failed to include the letter! - I wonder if anyone got it?
December 28th 05 12:02 PM
by adamtemp Go to last post
4 360
Garmin StreetPilot maps by Mike Lane
I've been playing around with the Garmin SP2610 and also the i3 which I bought for a relative. I have just noticed that the i3 comes preloaded with City Navigator V8 maps for the UK, whereas the latest maps for the 2610 are City Navigator V7. I wonder why Garmin can't make V8 maps available for all their units? -- Mike Lane (UK North Yorkshire)
December 28th 05 08:34 AM
by sierra Go to last post
6 334
Navman external antenna by Grumps
My father-in-law is getting an iCN 510, he also thinks he has a heated windscreen so may need an external antenna. Question is, will a Garmin antenna (with MCX connector) work with the 510? Thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 27th 05 09:01 PM
by SandS Go to last post

From The