Threads in Forum : uk.rec.gps (UK Sat Nav) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
My cell-phone should offer tracking information. by Philip Green[_3_]
I sometimes see TV programmes where we are told our cell-phones leave a trail of our movements. Does anybody here know of a cell-phone service provider who offers to sell you this information so that you can use it for yourself? I expect this would be very useful for people who need to keep track of their travel expenses.
December 27th 08 11:06 AM
by Derek[_2_] Go to last post
2 435
Can you automatically send your gps position to a map server? by Kees
Logging a trip and publishing it while you travel sounds like too good to be true. It isn't! See how Pieter uses a PDA to send his position over GRPS (very cheap, 1 ct per waypoint) to the www.poi66.com map server: http://andro.poi66.com There are more possibilities such as electronic devices that could do the same. Also manually punching in the coordinates into a text message will work. More...
December 23rd 08 09:49 AM
by ChrisM Go to last post
3 462
ASUS Mypal A 696 by Terry Metcalfe
I am using an Asus MyPal A696 to display Anquet maps (Ordnance Survey). Sometimes the position shown on the map is "lagged" by up to 100 metres. When I switch the machine off and then on again quickly, the position indicator quickly shows my correct position. Has any one experienced anything similar?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 17th 08 07:37 PM
by Derek[_2_] Go to last post
10 1,142
CoPilot 6 Deactivation by Nick Le Lievre
Hi I bought CoPilot 6 UK & Ire for 8 on eBay, assuming it would work on my HTC Tytn II Windows Mobile 6.1 pda/phone with inbuilt GPS. When I recieved it and installed off the card I found that it didn't work properly, couldn't select anything and I had already activated and couldn't deactivate as that option wouldn't work. Then I did some searching on the Internet and found out they...
December 13th 08 03:09 PM
by petetop Go to last post
1 391
Looking for advice on buying PDA by Eurofeeds
I'm looking for a PDA primarily to use in the hills for navigation on foot using OS and French Maps I already have. I don't need a phone or camera, but would like a small amount of internet access and email use. I would especially like a keyboard, otherise the Mio P550 would seemingly have been the one. Price range under 200. Battery life important, pref more than 4 hours. Would appreciate...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 13th 08 01:42 PM
by Nick Le Lievre Go to last post
13 796
Anquet mapping software by Terry Metcalfe
I am using this with an Asus A696 pocket pc. I would love to chat with others who are using the Anquet software; hopefully to our mutual benefit.
November 29th 08 07:53 PM
by rothers Go to last post
1 1,460
GPS & OS Map references by simon
I want a GPS to give me the OS Map reference. I don't need any road or topographical mapping. Can anyone recommend any appropriate software
November 26th 08 10:31 PM
by Nick[_2_] Go to last post
6 441
Navman struggling to locate satellites by Warez
My Navman iCN330 is struggling to locate satellites, and when it has located them it sometimes loses the signals and has to start searching again. Is there a fix for this or should I bin it?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 24th 08 02:41 PM
by PeterD Go to last post
12 723
Nokia Mobile with TomTom software by Alex Barrow
Does anyone know how to get the tomtom software running on Nokia 6120 ? Where i can download it etc ? many thanks
November 23rd 08 04:28 PM
by Alex Barrow Go to last post
0 312
Bluetooth receiver recommendations by Jon
Hello, A relative of mine with a Nokia B95 8Gb would like to invest in a separate bluetooth receiver due to the unsatisfactory performance of the built in GPS. This will be used for Tomtom Mobile 6, not the Nokia Maps application. Can anyone make a recommendation so I know where to start looking? Budget around 45-50. --
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 20th 08 10:33 PM
by Jon Go to last post
10 1,211
u just click u get some dollars by luckydollars50
www.goodplaces4.blogspot.com
November 20th 08 09:58 AM
by luckydollars50 Go to last post
0 337
November 8th 08 07:18 AM
by earlyrhubarb_earlytobed Go to last post
0 388
November 4th 08 06:24 PM
by earlyrhubarb_earlytobed Go to last post
0 439
Mounts for TomTom ONE XL by Dave D
The mount supplied with my TomTom One XL is too short for use on my windscreen and I am considering an alternative mounting system. Has anybody used one of these? If so were they satisfactory? http://www.buybits.com/product/sku_hr-tt1-xl-vent.aspx http://www.buybits.com/product/sku_3109.aspx Regards. Dave
October 31st 08 05:37 PM
by John[_7_] Go to last post
3 471
Copilot 7 by petetop
Hi I have copilot 7 installed on a PDA and when I try to input some even numbered addresses it tells me the address does not exist. For instance:- windsor terrace boston lincs has houses numbered 1 to 13 but copilot does not recognise 2,4,6,8,10 or 12. Also lacey gardens louth lincs has even numbers upto 52 but some of these also don't exist on Copilot 7. Can anybody try these on their...
October 27th 08 07:02 PM
by petetop Go to last post
0 355
Safety Cameras?? by Lee[_2_]
Can i copy speed camera updates from my Tom Tom Rider to my Tom Tom One?? I opened an acount with Tom Tom One (in my car) for updates and later on, bought a Tom Tom Rider as it was a pain to transfer the One to my Motor Scooter and back so i updated the cameras on the Rider and my account got transferred also ... now i can`t update my One ... peeved as i`ve already paid for the service ...
October 22nd 08 12:23 PM
by Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.com Go to last post
3 691
Problems with i-gotu GT-100 by Kilgore Trout[_2_]
This looked like the ideal gadget for me but I can't get it to work and wondered if anyone else who has one can tell me what if anything I am doing wrong. It may be the answer is "you bought an i-gotu GT-100" ... i-gotu number one would not work at all. Plugged it in to the USB port and nothing happened - computer couldn't see it at all. Went back to shop and got it replaced. i-gotu number...
October 16th 08 04:49 PM
by No Name Go to last post
1 457
Tomtom memory by [email protected]
How do I increase the memory of my Tomtom One XL? I have tried putting in SD cards but an instruction appears on the screen to remove the card. I read somewhere that you put the card in, switch on and then off which is supposed to formaat the card but this does not work. Gordon
October 12th 08 05:44 PM
by Brownz \(Mobile\) Go to last post
3 425
TT1 wouldn't get a fix by Graham.[_2_]
For about 20 min around 0900UTC this morning my tomtom refused to get a fix. The weather was good and I was on the M6 Preston Bypass which AFAIK hasn't moved since it was built. Six good satellites were showing in the status screen. I tried re-planning the route, and switching it on and off several times but to no avail. A colleague who was driving in another part of the country at the same time...
October 11th 08 04:05 AM
by Conor[_3_] Go to last post
3 441
TT1's own POIs... by aiden
....which come with it - can not seem to be able to edit the poi.dat file on TT1 - is this correct - what does one do when the POI info is incorrect?
October 11th 08 02:58 AM
by marika Go to last post

From The