Threads in Forum : uk.rec.gps (UK Sat Nav) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
WTB: Garmin 2620 by M
Must be European base maps and complete package with leads.
May 14th 05 05:12 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
3 399
InfoMap Navigator software by Gio
Hi everyone, Has anybody on the group used version 1.39 of Navigator Europe and then upgraded to ver 4.3 of the Navigator software ? (web address:- http://www.directions.ltd.uk/products.php ) -The program seemed to jump from ver 1.3.12 to ver 4.xx without any in between steps- The reason I ask is that I am trying to establish if the upgrade cost and extra mapping facilities is worth the money...
May 14th 05 03:38 PM
by Gio Go to last post
0 389
Moving TomTom GO Favourites and POIs by Set Square
In an earlier contribution to this discussion, Anthony R. Gold wrote: Is anyone well enough familiar with the mechanics and structures of TomTom GO's Favourites and POIs to advise how to move or copy some from map to map? I guess that by making a new type of POI called say MOVE on each of the source and destination maps, re-saving the locations to be...
May 14th 05 12:01 PM
by Set Square Go to last post
0 404
Moving TomTom GO Favourites and POIs by Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com
Anthony R. Gold wrote: Is anyone well enough familiar with the mechanics and structures of TomTom GO's Favourites and POIs to advise how to move or copy some from map to map? I guess that by making a new type of POI called say MOVE on each of the source and destination maps, re-saving the locations to be copied as MOVE POIs on the source map and then copying the ov2 from directory...
May 14th 05 08:20 AM
by Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com Go to last post
0 354
test please ignore by brianH
"gomez" wrote in message ... On Fri, 06 May 2005 15:44:25 +0200, "John Lang Wilson" dropped the following oil-slick: It really is a test Test failed. There is a special news group for people like you alt.test
May 13th 05 04:52 PM
by brianH Go to last post
0 357
Hi by LiviLion
Hi all, Glad to see this group start. What kit does everyone have? I've got a Dell Axim x30 with built in WiFi and Bluetooth. I'm using the Dell Bluetooth GPS with Navteq on Board receiver with the supplied software.
May 13th 05 01:32 PM
by LiviLion Go to last post
0 465
Ping TomTom Go owners... by marky
"Anthony R. Gold" wrote in message ... On Tue, 10 May 2005 09:29:40 +0100, MrBitsy wrote: I have held off getting the new maps because I do not believe they are available yet 0 - 5 week delivery, yeh right! Did anyone receive anything yet? I ordered TTGO Maps of Western Europe ...
May 12th 05 08:05 PM
by Keith Go to last post
4 480
GPS Newbie by Mike Stanton
Hi I have never used GPS before but I see the potential with the kids I teach. I am thinking of doing some *very* basic geocaching. So I am looking for simple, idiot proof (that's me not the kids) equipment and a beginners guide. Where do I go? -- mike stanton serving neither God nor Mammon on the lonely planet.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 12th 05 04:24 PM
by Peter Go to last post
53 2,508
Munros - routes by Tom B
Can anyone point me in the direction of where I could download GPS routes etc for the Munros (in particular the Munros on Skye)? Thanks.
May 12th 05 09:25 AM
by Rv! Go to last post
3 500
Garmin 2610 by Ovenpaa
Sometime around Mon, 09 May 2005 01:06:19 +0100, gomez babbled on about: Possibly. I would load the detail for Scandanavia and a bit of the UK and as much of Europe inbetween as I could get. If necessary, I would rely on just the base map for bits where you know you will be travelling on the motorways / major highways. Keep the detail maps for any locale where you may be stopping...
May 11th 05 08:10 PM
by Ovenpaa Go to last post
0 355
Impulse buy by gARY
Far better product from what I have researched. Comes Tuesday. gARY ITS HERE!! After playing with the gadget for an hour and half I decided to take it for a test drive, I punched in a not so local shopping centre and it told me 14miles away, set up the cradle in the car, plugged in power and an external
May 11th 05 07:52 PM
by gARY Go to last post
9 603
Garmin GPS 12 by Graculus
"Steve Firth" wrote in message ... James wrote: I have an old GPS 12 which I have just started using. It hung today and no matter which buttons I pressed I could not reset it. Eventually I had to pop the battery cover and close it again. This had the desired effect but also an...
May 10th 05 07:43 PM
by Graculus Go to last post
0 413
Ping TomTom Go owners... by MrBitsy
"Anthony R. Gold" wrote in : On Tue, 10 May 2005 09:29:40 +0100, MrBitsy wrote: I have held off getting the new maps because I do not believe they are available yet 0 - 5 week delivery, yeh right! Did anyone receive anything yet? I ordered TTGO Maps of Western Europe
May 10th 05 07:41 PM
by Graculus Go to last post
2 513
Ping TomTom Go owners... by JB
"Anthony R. Gold" wrote in message ... On Tue, 10 May 2005 09:29:40 +0100, MrBitsy wrote: I have held off getting the new maps because I do not believe they are available yet 0 - 5 week delivery, yeh right! Did anyone receive anything yet? I ordered TTGO Maps of Western Europe ...
May 10th 05 04:05 PM
by Set Square Go to last post
1 494
GPS Info for French Sites by Dave Fawthrop
On Mon, 9 May 2005 19:45:58 +0100, "JB" wrote: | | "Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message | ... | | | | Try uk.rec.gps It is new, but ntl should have added it by now.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 10th 05 01:15 PM
by Dave Fawthrop Go to last post
10 839
Memory Map and French maps by Captain Qwerty
Hi, I will be going to France in the summer and will be taking my Etrex Legend with me. Now, i use memory map here in the UK quite a lot, and was wondering of anyone knows what the deal is with maps of mainland europe, in this case, France. Can i get european maps for use with memory map? How easily? Thanks in advance.
May 9th 05 08:20 PM
by Darren Griffin - PockertGPSWorld.Com Go to last post
1 467
EGNOS height accuracy? by Chris Morriss
In message , Dominic Sexton writes In message , Chris Morriss writes Does anyone know if EGNOS will increase the accuracy of altitude readings, and if so to what extent? It should do but it is hard to say until they actually get it working. With the...
May 9th 05 07:44 PM
by Chris Morriss Go to last post
0 483
GPs by Bob
On Sun, 8 May 2005 04:24:37 +0100, Conor wrote: In article , Bob says... look an arse. I like looking at arses too - of the female kind of course.
May 8th 05 08:51 AM
by Bob Go to last post

From The