Threads in Forum : uk.rec.gps (UK Sat Nav) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Reading GPX timestamps in mapping programs by Terry Pinnell[_2_]
OT in uk.rec.walking but I know there are several mapping experts there, and hopefully on-topic in the other groups. -------------------- Could someone set me straight on a basic point please? GPX files contain timestamps in UTC time (what I call GMT, being rather old). After importing these (or the original proprietary GPS-recorded 'MMO'
October 6th 11 04:42 PM
by Nigel Cliffe[_2_] Go to last post
9 790
Garmin Forerunner 305 query by Tim Downie[_2_]
I realise that this might stimulate a "RTFM" reply but I've tried and I'm darned if I can work out what I'm doing wrong. Basically, unless I connect up my gamin to my PC after every run, the distance of my last run gets tagged on to the distance of my new run. I *am* pressing "Start/Stop" after my runs, not "Lap" and it make no difference if I turn it off. For example, if I did a 5 mile run...
September 29th 11 04:59 PM
by Tim Downie[_2_] Go to last post
2 471
Sat Nav enthusiast needed for new Sky1 show by GadgetGeeks
Hi All! We are making a brand new prime time Sky1 show called Gadget Geeks and we're looking for three fun loving friends who love driving to come on our show and take part in a fun challenge...involving sat navs! If you're interested please contact me by email or call 02031893210 Many thanks and hope to hear from you soon, Chloe
September 22nd 11 05:41 PM
by Steve Firth Go to last post
1 503
Question
Navman 478 by paulm
Hi there.Can anyone help/advise me with a problem that has arisen with my Navman478? I switched it on the other day and all that appeared on the screen was a picture of a PC and what is obviously my satnav and a symbol indicating a requirement to connect the two.Having done this nothing happens. Is my satnav knackered or is there any way to salvage it? Any help would be appreciated.Thanks
September 11th 11 07:22 PM
by paulm Go to last post
2 1,359
Advice on adding Malaysian maps by alggomas
Can anyone advise me of agood satnav that can be used to add other maps easily to it please? Tomtom or Garmin?
August 12th 11 10:37 AM
by alggomas Go to last post
2 779
Too many choices by Steve Firth
PaulMac wrote: Hi everyone, I could really do with some advise from all users. I've always been a bit of a Garmin snob, but now that I'm looking to upgrade it's more frustrating than I first thought. I will be travelling across Europe in the summer and I have been considering either the Garmin 1690T, the TT 750 live or the Navigon 8450 live. They...
August 10th 11 08:04 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
5 580
Nav-Man ICN320 battery problem by clottie
This is my first post here, so i would welcome come help. I recently changed cars and can get my wonderful NavMan to work consistently. sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't. It is now switching on, staying on for a few minutes, working ok, then a message appears telling me that it needs connecting to a power source - then it switches off. i use it plugged into a ciggie lighter. i have...
August 6th 11 11:13 PM
by clottie Go to last post
0 494
satnav with mcx or mmcx connector and transferring o/s by dancmarsh
I currently have a Binatone satnav that works superbly well. Unfortunately it has no mcx or mmcx connector. I am about to build an open top kit car where the satnav will have to sit under a metal scuttle, obviously this is going to affect gps fixes somewhat. Can anyone please recommend an equivalent satnav with an external antenna connector, or information on modifying the binatone one. My...
July 28th 11 12:56 PM
by Paul - xxx Go to last post
4 1,076
GPS receivers for motorsport track mapping by Chris Wilson
I run a Motec mappable engine ecu on a couple of circuit race cars. This ecu can accept an input from a GPS receiver, and logs the co ordinates in memory. A data analysis package from Motec then draws a track map showing the cars position and a GPS speed etcetera. I currently use a 5 Hz Garmin receiver called a GPS18x-5Hz the technical spec is in this Garmin...
July 19th 11 09:12 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
1 560
Sat Nav Post Code Complaint any help? by gizmot
Sorry I am new, but cheesed off. Does anyone know who you complain to when people and deliveries with sat navs keep being sent to the wrong road? This has been happening for years. I am really feed up, I keep waiting in and then getting phone calls to say they are lost and are in the estate next to ours. The problem is that with the one way system it is a long way around from where they are...
June 14th 11 07:47 PM
by Jack Rabbitt Go to last post
5 3,835
GPS inaccuaries over past few days by Mortimer
Is there a problem with accuracy of GPS at the moment (eg due to weather or the Icelandic ash cloud)? Over the past couple of days the GPS in my girlfriend's Nokia 5800 has started experiencing errors of several hundred metres in its position - for example the OVI maps application tells you to turn off at a junction just after you have passed it, and the position on the map (or on an OS map...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 9th 11 03:53 PM
by Swifty Go to last post
11 931
Map accuracy by Cliff Coggin
I am looking to buy my first hand held satnav for navigation on hill walking holidays in the UK. All the reviews I have read suggest the maps are crap, which hardly inspires confidence in the gadgets as a way of finding my way around miles away from roads. Does anybody know of a solution to this problem? Has the problem been exagerated? Ideally I would like the satnav to have Ordnance Survey...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 5th 11 07:59 AM
by Swifty Go to last post
50 3,213
..:.. B&B BOURNEMOUTH BOURNEMOUTH BOURNEMOUTH B&B ..:.. by BOURNEMOUTH GUIDE
BOURNEMOUTH the best for any vacation! Here... http://south-coast.yolasite.com/ ...enjoy! From: BOURNEMOUTH GUIDE
May 20th 11 02:32 PM
by bobharvey Go to last post
1 583
Advice sought about removing TomTom 'Easyport' mount. by Kevtom
Hi guys, I have just purchased a new TomTom XL2 IQ routes fitted with the fairly new style 'easyport' circular mount. The mount was already fitted to the sat nav device in the box. I am sure this must be quite apparant to most people, but i can't for the life of me work out how to remove the mount from my TomTom sat nav device. There are no instructions on how to do this with the device. The only...
May 9th 11 04:53 AM
by Kevtom Go to last post
2 2,067
TomTom selling data to police! by chrischris
Hiya I noticed this story, applicable to The Netherlands really, but does anyone have any experience, or worries, that this may be happening in the UK? http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/04/27/tomtom_customer_data_flap/ The data is supposed to be anonymous... and that data is "opt-in", is there a setting on the sat nav? Or is it a case of switching your live traffic off? Chris
May 8th 11 03:02 PM
by Swifty Go to last post
2 536
Featu Import Twitter Tweets to a Google Map using #hashtags and *locations on POI66 by Waskoo
At POI66.com we work hard to display your position on a Google Map on your own homepage or on our server. You can use text messaging, Android software, or any other Phone software to pass your GPS location. So far the old news. Last weekend we added support for automatic importing of Tweets. If you are on a trip, just Tweet your message with a #hashtag (e.g. #russia2011). Additionally you...
April 26th 11 08:25 PM
by Waskoo Go to last post
0 883
Tuscany map? by Terry Pinnell
I'm walking in the Florence/Siena region of Tuscany in a couple of weeks. Anyone know a (free) source of a decent online map please? -- Terry, East Grinstead, UK
April 4th 11 11:50 AM
by Terry Pinnell Go to last post
2 763
Format of data in a CSV file to display properly on a device... by NickTheBatMan
Hi all, I've created a spreadsheet with 700+ waypoints that I want to convert to put on Tomtom and Garmin devices... I would like the info at each waypoint to display on several lines on the screen so that it's readable... currently it's either not showing it all, or it's way too massive to show the info within the bounds of the display...
March 25th 11 08:12 PM
by Jack Rabbitt Go to last post
3 643
Giving more detail on directions. by BML
I use an elderly Garmin Quest and recently keyed in a rout from Steventon in Oxfordshire to Dorne in Scotland using, "Mapsource". I wanted to print a set of directions so that my wife/navigator could enjoy plotting the route as we drove along and was disapointed at how sparse the detail of the directions were in that other rout making software gives much more detail so I wonderd if it was...
March 22nd 11 04:16 PM
by Mike Coon[_2_] Go to last post
2 700
sat nav for motorome by quakebo
which would be the best sat nav to get for a motorhome a Snooper S2000N Ventura Caravan & Motorhome Sat Nav or a Navigon 40 Premium - GPS receiver - automotive. the motorhome will be used in the UK and Europe
March 22nd 11 03:56 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post

From The