Threads in Forum : uk.rec.gps (UK Sat Nav) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Latest Tomtom maps by Scott
I see the latest so-called 'updated' UK & Ireland map has been published. I see the same errors that I have been reporting for over two years are still present, with a number of streets wrongly named. These are street names that have been in existence since I believe the 1920s. They are not just spelling mistakes or minor irregularities, but names that are just totally incorrect. I have...
June 11th 10 04:10 PM
by Jack Rabbitt Go to last post
1 459
Garmin GPS 76s - need UK charts by Cathy
I have a Garmin GPS 76s I bought in Canada I would like a pointer on how I could load the UK charts (maritime). Dont mind if they are old or only have a few markers on them.
May 15th 10 06:46 AM
by Cathy Go to last post
0 423
What is the latest software known to work with Navigo ( Ebuyer ) sat navs? by clonet
I've had a 4.3 inch Navigo satnav for a couple of years or so courtesy Ebuyer. I ditched the Tubodog 5 default software quite soon after buying and have run Mio Maps 3.3 with full European maps dated ( I think 2008 ) since. Found it easy to change the software using a spare SD card. It works well, no complaints, and has speed camera warnings. I wondered what was the latest software(s) known to...
May 7th 10 10:51 PM
by clonet Go to last post
0 905
Garmin 550 by TheOwl1
I hate the way Garmin have their preferences. I use my sat nav in a Car and on a Motorcycle. When on the Motorcycle I usually want to go the most scenic route - no option for that you just have to figure the most scenic route yourself by using POI's or looking on the map before your trip. Say I wanted to get from Point A to Point B in a Car if you pick shortest distance it can take you through...
May 1st 10 05:51 AM
by TheOwl1 Go to last post
0 396
Which PC navigation software for OZ? by JoeJoe
I have a generic BT GSP dongle, and I would ike to use it with a laptop whilst in OZ shortly to prepare routes, etc. I am looking to invest in something similar to AutoRoute that will cover OZ, but cannot seem to find anything... I am not looking for something free and with limited functionality, but prefer something with good and "official" maps (whatever that meens). TIA.
April 26th 10 06:34 PM
by Steve Firth Go to last post
7 473
Online survey for satnav users. Have your say and help a charity. by littlejon
What do you think about your satnav? Would you like to take part in exciting new research by the University of Nottingham and help a UK registered charity? We are looking for volunteers to complete a short online survey about how they use their satnav. The survey should only take about 10 to 15 minutes to complete and is completely anonymous. Our only requirement is that you are a driver over...
April 23rd 10 07:37 PM
by Steve Firth Go to last post
8 608
Garmin maps by Scott
Does anyone know if it is possible to look at Garmin maps online, in the way that you can look at Tomtom (Tele Atlas) via Tomtom HOME? I would like to be able to check for myself how up to date they are, as there are certainly 'issues' with Tomtom's maps. Thanks Scott
April 15th 10 10:13 PM
by Mike Lane[_2_] Go to last post
5 806
ND-100 GPS Dongle by John Smith[_2_]
Got an ND-100 GPS dongle and can't figure out how to get the information off it and into any applications. Don't have a CD-drive so downloaded the driver and GPS utility from the website. Installed the drivers, plugged it in and it seems to be detected on all my USB ports, ranging from COM 6 to COM 8, although no light comes on like it is supposed to. Some reviews say that the light is hard...
April 13th 10 08:46 PM
by John Smith[_2_] Go to last post
9 886
best sat-nav by Dutchman
Deciding between the tom tom 730t and the garmin 765t would love to hear comments from those using these models. I understand from several dealers that Tom Tom are now very poor on customers service thanks d........
April 9th 10 07:43 PM
by Scott Go to last post
6 672
Erratic GPS recording by Terry Pinnell
My recorded walk yesterday (Sunday 27th March, Sussex, UK, spells of rain) on my pocket computer (HPC Touch Pro 2 under Windows Mobile 6.1) was the worst I've seen. An 8 mile walk became about 11 miles, due to several bursts of erratic signals that went way outside the immediate vicinity. Like most of my walks, this included a proportion of lightly wooded track, but in the past that has just...
March 30th 10 07:26 AM
by Terry Pinnell Go to last post
6 1,503
How do I add TomTom's latest W Europe map updates by martin j
Just logged into TomTom update server and its suggests the latest map updates to download. I don't have enough space left on W Europe V3 unit and have deleted all the obvious items which might save me some space. I have some 12 Mb unused by need some 19Mb for map updates and can't see any item big enough to delete or move to PC to give me this amount of free space. Even the UK postcode file would...
March 15th 10 07:21 PM
by Gel Go to last post
1 486
Unhappy
replacement battery help by guardian2020
Please anyone help me, i have a Intempo sat nav and the battery wont hold a charge, tryed to get a replacement batter but cant get one any where can anyone help even intempo say they dont do this any more which is so daft as their still selling the sat nav and the new buddy with mp3 player...no spares is stupid to say the least.. the battery is a seal one with E583759, E2K22 and 1350 mAh on the...
March 12th 10 04:59 PM
by keith Go to last post
1 1,167
Nokia GPS by QuantumUniverses
How can I discover what's the GPS model (i.e. SiRF Star III) in Nokia mobile phones (i.e. Nokia E52)? QU
February 22nd 10 06:38 PM
by Jim Backus Go to last post
3 602
British Canals & locks by f825_633
Apologies if this is the wrong group. I'm after a waypoint list of locks etc on the UK canal system, specifically the Oxford& Grand Union, I've googled for ages and not found such a thing - hard to image some sort of list doest exist.
February 18th 10 09:47 PM
by Andrew Case Go to last post
3 2,093
Twig discovery phone by nev
Twig discovery phone can i run tomtom on this phone
January 30th 10 04:18 PM
by nev Go to last post
0 348
TomTom PDA questions by Alex Holden[_2_]
My satnav device of choice right now is a 3 year old Mio PDA with Tomtom installed. I'm relatively happy with the device, but I think it's time to upgrade. I'd rather a Windows Mobile based application, so I can simply install it on my phone (an HTC Touch HD,) but after trying out a recent standalone version of TomTom, I noticed that the instructions given were completely different to the...
January 21st 10 06:46 PM
by Mike Coon[_2_] Go to last post
1 467
windows CE by [email protected]
I have a windows ce gps and I am looking for some software that will act like a simple marine gps ie enter lat/lon waypoints and get course and direction to steer etc. Anyone know of such software/ Ian --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---
January 12th 10 11:47 PM
by Steve Firth Go to last post
7 999
TomTom maps by artleknock
Anyone buy the new maps for western europe? Are they worth fourty quid to update from the last ones?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 4th 10 01:22 PM
by Peter[_4_] Go to last post
11 1,085
Satnav that accepts input in UK BNG (Ordnance Survey) Grid reference ++INSIDE by Mike Cawood, HND BIT
"puddin' head" puddin' head@!:O) wrote in message ... Can anyone please tell me if any current Satnavs can find a location using British Nation Grid reference as used on UK Ordnance Survey maps? The only one I know that does this is the Garmin 550 but I don't need a multi-purpose ultra-robust model and can't justify the very...
January 1st 10 03:21 PM
by Mike Cawood, HND BIT Go to last post
0 2,360
Maps for Mapsource by Torsten H. Bischoff
Hello folks, is there anyone around knowing links in order to download MapSource maps of Antarctica and Patagonia? Thanks a lot in advance Torsten H. Bischoff
December 29th 09 02:51 AM
by Lon[_2_] Go to last post

From The