Threads in Forum : uk.rec.gps (UK Sat Nav) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Road Angel: GPS output to PDA? by JB
I've got an old style road angel with a USB port. Is there any way I can use the GPS output data via the USB port to 'drive' mapping software on a PDA or laptop? Thanks for any info. JB
January 22nd 07 07:25 AM
by JB Go to last post
2 211
Garmin V9 (not NT) out in 3 weeks by Brian
Just had an email from Garmin UK following an enquiry by me, telling me that the V9 of City Navigator (not the NT version which is already out) will be available from the end of January. Just in case anyone is interested.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 21st 07 11:43 PM
by DayDragon Go to last post
29 708
Novman 330 by Lluigi
I have a novman 330 with the Italy paper, i want to make a copy on a sd card to the aim not finding to me in difficulty in case of demagnetization or problems to the support. but made the copy gps it loads me the operating system, but it does not recognize the map (that is answers to me that not there is no map). Some people know what is the problem? thanks ll
January 21st 07 11:15 PM
by Lluigi Go to last post
0 222
Tomtom Edit/Delete a far away POI by Determinator
Dear All, Still not worked this one out. Lets say i live and i am in John o Groats, and i want to delete or edit a POI in Lands End. Now only thing is, there are lots of duplicate entry descriptions in the category, so it wont give me mine in Lands End, how can i get around this?
January 21st 07 05:40 PM
by Roger Mills Go to last post
6 300
TomTom wireless with a ONE by Determinator
Hi All, I am having trouble setting up the fiances ONE unit ( europe map ) with her phone which is a samsung e530. Can only get to 65% on the settings bar on the GO before stopping. On the phone it says cannot list services when it tries to connect. Any ideas, does something on the bluetooth need to be enabled? we dont get as far as puting in the password.
January 21st 07 11:57 AM
by Determinator Go to last post
2 223
Tomtom 700 Images, Documents, Music & Buddies by Determinator
Hi All On my menu, I have a Music and photos, documents, and in my browse map i also have a show images option. how do i use these on my tomtom, i use version 6.52 software and version 6.60 western_europe_map. Thanks
January 20th 07 10:59 PM
by Determinator Go to last post
0 235
Garmin SCameras vs. PocketGPSWorld by Kevin Weller
Having just bought a Zumo 550 I see it has a scamera database on board. Apart from the fact that the Garmin version is 39 and the PGPSW version is 18 (IIRC) are there any major differences in the databases or how they are used in the Zumo? Thanks. Kevin
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 20th 07 09:01 PM
by Kevin Weller Go to last post
12 483
Tom Tom 510 Alternative Mounting Arms - Best Source? by Tricky Dicky
Looking to mount my TT510 on the dash of my Passat. Looking at the mounting kits available from most of the usual online sources and they seem to be for 300/500 and incompatible Anyone got a url for a good on-line store with plenty of different configurations? Tricky
January 20th 07 03:26 PM
by Tricky Dicky Go to last post
0 225
Miomap v3.2 on 2Gb SD card? by [email protected]
Hi; Just picked up the Mio P550 with Miomap 3.2 on a 1Gb SD card. Very happy with it so far - although having used GPS on a boat, some of the things I can't do automatically kind of surprises me. What I'd like to know is if there's any way of running my fully legal version of Miomap from a larger SD card. They supply it on a 1Gb card, but the maps take up 974Mb of that, so not much room for...
0 303
Gamin c510 Hack? by Daz P
I have a Garmin c510 and wondered if there was anyway to enable some of the disabled features that I know is in the onboad software. Really would like to be able to use bluetooth that is on the more expensive models, but i guess there may be no hardware for this? Daz
January 20th 07 10:53 AM
by Daz P Go to last post
0 386
Cheapest good enough gps system for car? Advice please by Joey
Your just the map, it's a lot cheaper in the long run!. +a map doesn't keep shouting or knocking u when you driving I have to change the mats in my car every year or so bcoz the passenger side keeps wearing out from the foot marks from trying to brake (I have mentioned on many occasions that the brake pedal is on my side, but it just makes the situation worst for some reason). there is a...
January 20th 07 08:43 AM
by Joey Go to last post
0 225
Mapsource mapping and Mapsource NT mapping- do they live together in harmony? by Gyp
As I have both 2610 and an i3, when it comes to upgrade time (err now) I need both the original upgrade and the NT upgrade (I think) I've had the original Mapsource on my PC for years, but what happens if I buy and install both upgrades on the PC? Does it work? -- Gyp Change to dotcom to reply
January 20th 07 08:00 AM
by Gyp Go to last post
2 253
TomTom One Ver 2 Memory by Dragon
Ok guys what's the biggest amount of memory the tom-tom one ver 2 can take I am looking at a 2gb card would this work Dave
January 19th 07 01:59 PM
by Dragon Go to last post
4 251
PGPW Speed cameras - disclamier? by Determinator
Dear All, Just wondered do pocketgpsworld has some kind of disclaimer which they give out when selling their speed camera database which says they cannot be held liable if there is a camera not in the database and a driver goes 100mph passed it and gets fined. You can see where i am coming from, if the driver says well i was using a database i paid for can they claim for damages with them? ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 19th 07 08:20 AM
by Marc Brett Go to last post
10 432
TomTom Status Bar Swap Around by Steven
Hi All, Just wondering, can the TomTom status bar be swapped around as to where the speed, miles to go etc positions are displayed if selected? I know you can select which stats are shown, but its the actual positioning on the display screen i want to know if we can change around. For example, i would prefer it if the time to go was over the time now, and the miles to go was over the speed!
January 18th 07 05:45 PM
by Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com Go to last post
1 224
Garmin V connected to Nikon by Beemer
Anyone here using a Garmin V connected to a Nikon D200 or D2x? Beemer
January 18th 07 05:46 AM
by Beemer Go to last post
4 282
Garmin Nuvi by Keith W
A week or so back I posted asking whether any of the in-car GPS units would give map references to be used for walking as well as for motoring. The advice seemed to be that I should get a second unit for that, typically an e-trex. I have since purchased a Nuvi 300, and one feature of it is that it can take OS references for selecting a location (very useful if, for instance, you want to go to a...
January 17th 07 09:34 AM
by Peter B Go to last post
1 249
Power lead for TomTom wired GPS cradle for Ipaq by JRS
Any Idea where I can get a replacement as it has just disintegrated in the cigarette lighter socket of my car? Otherwise is it possible to cannibalise and old phone charger cig lighter plug (5V 2A) and just connect the jack to it? TomTom want 20 for one! TIA
January 16th 07 04:36 PM
by Robbo Go to last post
3 339
GPS Blogging by revault
Has anyone used this site befo http://everytrail.com . Just went on a trip over the weekend. Through GPS, I tracked my travels and uploaded them to the site. Now I can see the exact whereabouts I made on the EveryTrail map. It's pretty neat. I'm just kind of proud of my new discovery and GPS achievement and wanted to see what other ppl think. Thanks.
January 16th 07 02:38 PM
by DavidM Go to last post
2 253
Tomtom POI to Navman 530. by Determinator
Hi All, I have a POI file of work locations/depots and i want to give to a friend who has a Navman 530. Will this file work on their unit? If not, is there anyway i can format the .ov2 to work for them? I have the tools to make my .ov2 file into a .asc file if required. Thanks!
January 16th 07 09:35 AM
by Dieseldes Go to last post

From The