Threads in Forum : uk.rec.gps (UK Sat Nav) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Satnav that accepts input in UK BNG (Ordnance Survey) Grid reference ++INSIDE by Mike Cawood, HND BIT
"puddin' head" puddin' [email protected]!:O) wrote in message ... Can anyone please tell me if any current Satnavs can find a location using British Nation Grid reference as used on UK Ordnance Survey maps? The only one I know that does this is the Garmin 550 but I don't need a multi-purpose ultra-robust model and can't justify the very...
January 1st 10 03:21 PM
by Mike Cawood, HND BIT Go to last post
0 2,416
Maps for Mapsource by Torsten H. Bischoff
Hello folks, is there anyone around knowing links in order to download MapSource maps of Antarctica and Patagonia? Thanks a lot in advance Torsten H. Bischoff
December 29th 09 02:51 AM
by Lon[_2_] Go to last post
2 647
sending e-mails abroad by Pat Thompson
Does anyone know why my account will not send e-mails when I am in the canary islands
December 24th 09 09:37 PM
by Aloysious Cholmondeley-Smythe Go to last post
5 688
FA: GPS receivers and Video text overlay units by Steve Firth
Simon Blake wrote: FYI newbies if you don't want to see messages like this add the FA: tag to your killfile. It's more productive than disapproving followups. How about you stop spamming your crap instead, newbie?
December 11th 09 01:19 PM
by Steve Firth Go to last post
0 428
Win Free Microsoft Streets and Trips 2010 with GPS Locator by Marvin Hlavac
The Streets & Trips give-away just started: http://streetsandtrips.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!FDEF586E035CD203!1808.entry It will end December 17, 2009. -- Marvin Hlavac Laptop GPS World www.laptopgpsworld.com
December 11th 09 09:59 AM
by Marvin Hlavac Go to last post
0 469
Win Free DeLorme Street Atlas 2010 with Earthmate USB GPS LT-40 by Marvin Hlavac
The DeLorme Street Atlas giveaway just started: http://blog.delorme.com/2009/12/09/win-free-delorme-street-atlas-2010-with-earthmate-gps-lt-40/ It will end December 17, 2009. -- Marvin Hlavac Laptop GPS World www.laptopgpsworld.com
December 11th 09 09:58 AM
by Marvin Hlavac Go to last post
0 424
A new blog to follow: Microsoft AutoRoute Team Blog by Marvin Hlavac
A new blog to follow: Microsoft AutoRoute Team Blog http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/microsoft-streets-trips/2784-another-blog-follow-microsoft-autoroute-team-blog.html -- Marvin Hlavac Laptop GPS World www.laptopgpsworld.com
November 20th 09 02:04 PM
by Marvin Hlavac Go to last post
0 559
Review: Microsoft AutoRoute 2010 by Marvin Hlavac
Microsoft AutoRoute 2010 Review & Free trial version download http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/microsoft-streets-trips/2709-review-microsoft-autoroute.html -- Marvin Hlavac Laptop GPS World www.laptopgpsworld.com
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 5th 09 05:48 AM
by John Williamson Go to last post
10 2,181
best sat-nav by home
Apart from TT's better useability than others, the main advantage is that there is so much in the way of new and various maps available on Usegroups like this one! All easily cracked etc. Good ol' TT.
October 30th 09 07:41 PM
by home Go to last post
0 500
TomTom Go 510 Issue by BoB-B
I have returned to using my 510 recently and it now appears to ask for more info such as road number and house number when I use the post code search function. I feel sure that it never required all this info before and worked fine. I realise that a post code can cover a wide general area. Has there been changes and how can I sidestep as it is not always that you know the road number,...
October 27th 09 08:28 AM
by Anthony R. Gold Go to last post
1 424
Req: A program to convert .ov2 files to .csv format pretty please! by Emma Hales
Req: A program to convert .ov2 files to .csv format pretty please!
October 26th 09 06:35 PM
by user[_2_] Go to last post
1 598
Google maps by Thomas
Hi I'm looking into buying a gps enabled 3g phone (android or iphone). Wondered if anyone could comment on the following:- -Is it possible to pre-load or pre-cache a browser with google-maps so that you don't need to have an internet signal when out and about? -Is there anyway to run memory map or at least use the OS maps with these devices? -Any good TomTom type s/w available - or is it all...
October 23rd 09 08:41 AM
by Michael Chare Go to last post
1 472
Microsoft AutoRoute 2010 to start selling in November by Marvin Hlavac
AutoRoute 2010 will launch on Nov. 17th: http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/microsoft-streets-trips/2643-microsoft-autoroute-2010-announced.html -- Marvin Hlavac Laptop GPS World www.laptopgpsworld.com
October 22nd 09 10:13 PM
by Marvin Hlavac Go to last post
9 696
Good TomTom Customer Service by 'Nel'[_2_]
I've heard a lot over the last few years about appalling service from TomTom, so I thought I'd pass this on to balance things up. Bought a TomTom Go 730 at the begining of this month for what I felt was a very reasonable price of 150. It was the last one in the store, and as is often the case with the last one, it had been opened previously. Everything was there and it didn't appear to...
October 20th 09 05:29 PM
by 'Nel'[_2_] Go to last post
0 386
'Location-Based' Services in a mobile environment survey by S.W.Schilke[_2_]
'Location-Based' Services in a mobile environment survey You are being invited to take part in a research study. The aim of this research is to investigate the extent to which users are aware of 'location-based' recommendation services and their perception of such services. The research will ultimately proceed to propose new methods that overcome (or at least reduce) identified...
October 19th 09 12:18 PM
by S.W.Schilke[_2_] Go to last post
0 287
TT Navigator Window Files by Alex Barrow
Anyone know what these files are used for when installing the TomTom navigator software on the PDA? BtCoreIf.dll BtSdkCE30.dll ttn6bt2003.dll I have removed these from my system to space save, and i actually think my tomtom is alot quicker to get a fix and refreshing..
October 16th 09 08:33 PM
by John Williamson Go to last post
4 451
Compare Tom Tom models... by slider
Hi I am trying to find a comparison chart showing the different features of the TomTom Go x20, x30 & x40. Does anyone know of any web site which shows this. I have looked on google and Tom Tom home page but have not had much sucess. Thanks
October 15th 09 08:04 PM
by Roger Mills Go to last post
5 2,657
Dell Axim X51C ... by Fantic305
Are these any good for use with a TomTom Bluetooth receiver? Hoping to use one with both TomTom Navigator and (separately of course) Memory Map. Been using a Navman Pin for years now, and hopefully the Dell will refresh screen a lot faster and actually keep up with traffic flow .. the Navman is a bit jerky, especially round town! Cheers. --
October 15th 09 09:01 AM
by Fantic305 Go to last post
0 342
garmin zumo ++INSIDE by trubble
which model is it? I wonder if it is having to do too much work - ie., screen refresh rate. Do you have a lot of POIs selected for display? This slows up TomToms. Can the native refresh of every sec be adjusted to slower? If so, maybe this has happened. I don't know the device, tho'. I read that the 550 was reviewd as being slow to recalculate, but you didn't mention that that was the...
October 14th 09 06:24 PM
by trubble Go to last post
0 410
garmin zumo by joner6666
Any ideas why my zumo seems so slow? It is about 5 secs behind telling which turn to take even when driving at 30mph. I have a built in sat nav in my vauxhall and that one says turn NOW right on the turn! My zumo for my bike cost a fortune but is slow, any way of speeding up it`s reactions?
October 13th 09 05:52 PM
by Mike Lane[_2_] Go to last post

From The