Threads in Forum : uk.rec.gps (UK Sat Nav) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Static Navigation by Terry Metcalfe
I am using Anquet mapping software on my Asus A696 PDA. In general I find this very useful. However, the issue I have is that when I am walking slowly my actual and displayed position can be lagged by as much as 150 metres. I understand that this is a feature known as Static Navigation. A search of the web suggests that SirfTech software can be used to toggle this off and on.
October 2nd 09 08:55 PM
by Jim Backus Go to last post
1 414
newbie tom tom info please by Dutchman
I like the spec of the 740 go live, but feel the live part (subscription) is not for me. Is there a cheaper or earlier model with the same spec, but without the live, mainly looking for voice commands as disabled, Thanks D...........in UK
October 2nd 09 03:17 PM
by CJY Go to last post
1 400
Ellerkin Edge Askrigg Wensleydale by alanlakes
Walked this last Saturday and in my opinion one of the best walks in the area. A superb edge on Access land. good paths all the way. Park at Askrigg - Warton bridge - Nappa Mill - Woodhall - Beldhaw Hill - The Combs & Ellerkin Edge - at end of edge head NW to pick up road then turn left - right into Low Straights Lane - and then down the Waterfalls back into Askrigg. 8 1/4 miles. Highly...
September 30th 09 05:35 PM
by Tom Withycombe Go to last post
1 353
Sounds help needed by Pete Zahut
This is driving me CRAZY I've got the latest PGPSW speed camera files loaded (UK Speed Zoned) and I've got Liz Whittacker's voice as the warning, ie, "Warning! GATSO ahead - speed limit xx mph" and that all works brilliantly. However, even when there are no speed cameras around (so no warning needed at all), the darn thing gives out three "bongs" at 40mph, 50mph, 60mph and 80mph.
September 27th 09 07:55 AM
by houghi Go to last post
7 498
Geo/GPS Track Utility for all Windows-based Devices by mtsa
Release of GeoWatch v. 1.00 Geo/GPS Track Utility for all Windows-based Devices September 23, 2009 MobileTimes announces the release of its Geo/GPS Track Utility for all Windows-based Mobile Devices. GeoWatch brings un-intrusive automatic Geo/GPS location tracking for most parts of the World to the table. This application lets you know your geographic location at all times and visualizes it...
September 22nd 09 04:18 PM
by mtsa Go to last post
0 475
Help! I've just been given a NaMan iCN 530 but without discs, can anyone please help? Luv Emma xxx by Emma Hales
Help! I've just been given a NaMan iCN 530 but without discs, they were lost or discarded as the previous owner did not have a PC! Please can anyone please help? I understand that at NavMan you can download updates, but these need the original disc(s), but on their site they say that they no longer support the 530! :-(
September 15th 09 06:00 AM
by Emma Hales Go to last post
0 405
POIs for Spain and GPS use in Spain by Alex Barrow
I know that my TomTom hotel POI set has a reasonable coverage of hotels in it, it had my holiday hotel any ways. I have not heard of GPS devices being illegal in spain, but perhaps its for radar detection devices. "Jim" wrote in message
September 13th 09 08:35 PM
by Mike Coon[_2_] Go to last post
1 390
Talking
Nuvi250 question from a newbie by asda160
hello...new geezer ere..with a question..ive a Garmin Nuvi 250w with Nt2009 maps on it, sd slot, a spare sd card and mapsource on my puter....going on a motorbike trip to luxembourgishish in two wks time..satnav will be in my ram box....my question is how do i get the satnav to recognise any map or where can i access it from...i've uploaded a route direct to the unit and used the sd card but cant...
September 7th 09 05:07 PM
by Calvin Sambrook Go to last post
1 397
Please help - cvgy-cs12 by chriswatt2
I recently purchased a gps form a website which states any gps software will work on it. I can not get itto recognise my software. I have read the instructions and followed the details about opening a text file with shell.ini etc etc. I purchased it from chinavasion.com and it is a model cvgy-cs12. has anyone else got this satnav........any suggestions on what I can try re software please?
August 24th 09 08:58 PM
by chriswatt2 Go to last post
0 464
track logger by andrew
I'm confused looking at all the options, I use a Garmin 76csx for leisure pursuits but I want a simple, small logger that I can carry all day without worrying about it. This is so I can geotag pictures. I'd prefer something with rechargeable battery and the ability to download a point every second to a big sd card, like the garmin which takes days worth of tracks. Is anything better than the...
August 22nd 09 11:19 PM
by RsH Go to last post
2 432
'Location-Based' Services in a mobile environment survey by S.W.Schilke[_2_]
'Location-Based' Services in a mobile environment survey You are being invited to take part in a research study. The aim of this research is to investigate the extent to which users are aware of 'location-based' recommendation services and their perception of such services. The research will ultimately proceed to propose new methods that overcome (or at least reduce) identified...
August 17th 09 03:05 PM
by S.W.Schilke[_2_] Go to last post
0 387
track logger by trubble
I'm confused looking at all the options, I use a Garmin 76csx for leisure pursuits but I want a simple, small logger that I can carry all day without worrying about it. This is so I can geotag pictures. I'd prefer something with rechargeable battery and the ability to download a point every second to a big sd card, like the garmin which takes days worth of tracks. Is anything better than...
August 16th 09 05:04 AM
by trubble Go to last post
0 323
accuracy of positionning system through ages by TS
Dear all, I am looking for a reference relative to the precision/ accuracy of positionning system from ded recokning to GPS/DGPS. I am currently seafloor samples roughly 100 nautical miles from the french coast which coming from various sources (1850-2006). Thank you TS
August 7th 09 01:35 PM
by TS Go to last post
0 378
POI66 logs your trip to Twitter (adding city and country info!) by Kees
Let's see, you are on a nice trip and you want to inform your friends about your whereabouts. Daily emails, some text messages, may Twitter or Hyves. All not needed! Create a free of charge account at www.POI66.com and send a text message to the website to tell you where you are. POI66 will draw a map for you that is dynamically updates, and put on *your* website. Additionally, adding your...
July 30th 09 09:49 PM
by Kees Go to last post
0 334
Question
G66 Touch Global Top GPS Receiver by Wesley949
Hello there, I am new to this forum, and if possible, would like some advice regarding a GPS Receiver I recently purchased. I have purchased a G66 Touch Global Top GPS Receiver (slim line version) and have charged the product fully. Once switching the power on, I cannot manage to pair it with my Nokia N96 mobile phone that has TomTom Version 6.010 installed on it. I go in to the TomTom...
July 27th 09 02:07 PM
by Wesley949 Go to last post
2 572
sometimes a SatNav isn't a SatNav. Sometimes it's an imprisonedsoul trapped inside a metal box by Philip Green[_3_]
.....that will do anything it can to get free. And some products you just can't return. I'm definitely going to buy this book! http://www.tom-holt.com/maycontaintracesofmagic.htm
July 27th 09 12:18 PM
by Philip Green[_3_] Go to last post
0 394
Hello SatNav experts! Please please help!! by smjy2k
Hi, newbie here. I recently bought a NavMan F40 as I'm going to drive in France for a week, 1st week of August. However, it's just died on me! When it's not got the charger attached, it is dead. When the charger is attached, it shows a static battery symbol but still doesn't turn on. I really really need this to be working by the 31st July when I leave! Can any genius help...
July 25th 09 05:15 PM
by Steve Firth Go to last post
2 428
Communication port for GPS signal on VDO Dayton / (other win cesoftware for the VDO! ) by marc
Dear, I use Gosmore app on VDO Dayton MS2000 I would like to know which device for the GPS: Which port: COM0 ... COM9 baudrate: 4800 38400 ...
July 20th 09 07:43 PM
by user[_2_] Go to last post
1 456
SD card for original tomtom ONE by Scott
My tomtom ONE seems slower than when I first bought it. I am now using a 2GB SD card. Can anyone tell me if a faster card would make much practical difference.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 19th 09 09:45 PM
by marc Go to last post
22 1,162
USA TomTom map too expensive by marc
On Sat, 04 Apr 2009 20:11:43 +0100,Lobster wrote: I'm about to go Florida on holiday; as we'll have a hire car I thought it would be useful to take my TomTom 910 along. However, I find it will cost me 35 GBP to buy the necessary map, which I'd want to use for a few drives over a total of less than two weeks, then I'd delete it. At that price, I'll not bother thanks, I'll just rely...
July 19th 09 09:42 PM
by marc Go to last post

From The